Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know if the project is fake? - page 8. (Read 6496 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 11
August 14, 2020, 12:49:04 PM
There are some tells,
For exmaple, the project page is the same old temeplate which everyone uses, this shows that they do not care.
Their linkedin accounts seem to be generated, look at their expereince, their pictures.
The idea of project.

But in the end even if everything seems legit, it does not mean that it is not a scam.
Nonsensical project ideas include giving the promise of a coin that will fly high in no time, and it is a promise that makes people credulous. but in reality it is just a crap from a fake project. we must be vigilant and careful with these tricks
Activity: 1190
Merit: 108
August 14, 2020, 11:08:20 AM
Check the team member on the linkedin, check their whitepaper, plagiarism or not, that's the expert said before me, and i am agreed with that.
sometimes it works to identify if their project is a scam or not. and also, if the project is a scam, usually expert will write an accusation in this forum along with the evidence.
Activity: 928
Merit: 101
August 14, 2020, 10:38:38 AM
I have been experience joining bounties to those project that turns out to be fake or bogus so it helps me to learn in a way the I became more cautios in joining. I always do my research in the project that wanted to join and be part with and I am searching if the project has a high reviews from the pro crypto enthusiast.
Can you share ways to evaluate new projects? I also did a lot of research before I got into bounties, but to be honest they still became scams at the end of the road. It is impossible to find a really good project at the moment
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
August 14, 2020, 04:10:22 AM
There are some tells,
For exmaple, the project page is the same old temeplate which everyone uses, this shows that they do not care.
Their linkedin accounts seem to be generated, look at their expereince, their pictures.
The idea of project.

But in the end even if everything seems legit, it does not mean that it is not a scam.
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Chainjoes.com
August 13, 2020, 10:59:54 PM
Actually we all especially the investor must focus on the project team members as we almost neglect to search for the team as everyone knows that if the team is well known and real people and has some good previous experience in crypto then the project is in safe hands otherwise leave the project.
If you are a long-time investor, you will certainly have a lot of experience in research and I will often evaluate the response of the investor community when it comes to this project. I think if the project receives positive responses from investors, it will surely soon be known by a lot of investors and you can consider investing if you feel like it. I do this often and it has made me a lot of profits.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
August 13, 2020, 06:22:10 PM
but not all projects will include their address on the website or whitepaper, most of them just state which country they are from. and again seeing the team in the project in my opinion is the most important, because if the team is fake it is certain the project is a scam

Most projects include their address if they have an offline office(s). This doesn't mean a project adding address to website guarantees its not scam, most scammers already know how to deceive investors. I support your opinion, if the team is not fake, then certainly the project is legit. However, knowing if the team is not fake is the hard nut to crack. Most times, merely looking at team profile to justify if they are legit is misleading. Except if they attend blockchain/crypto conferences, do live AMAs, have well known partners / backers, then they are most likely legit.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
August 13, 2020, 10:06:31 AM
There are many ways to identify a fake project such as one of their presence and answers to investors' questions and a trusted exchange of ICO identities. Keep views project team everyone's profiles and locations, research their products, even if any of the information they provide is questionable or unreasonable then think that the project is a hoax.
Looking at the founders is really a perspective for us to find fake in a project, I believe that at this forum, a lot of people are doing it, look up information from members of a project to increase credibility with that project. Another thing we can look at is the roadmap and capitalization that the project is providing, even looking at the money they spend on advertising, good projects always maintain that at a reasonable level, while fake projects often enhance and give a figure too far from reality.
Activity: 674
Merit: 100
August 13, 2020, 09:17:34 AM
I have been experience joining bounties to those project that turns out to be fake or bogus so it helps me to learn in a way the I became more cautios in joining. I always do my research in the project that wanted to join and be part with and I am searching if the project has a high reviews from the pro crypto enthusiast.
Activity: 515
August 13, 2020, 05:33:43 AM
There are many ways to identify a fake project such as one of their presence and answers to investors' questions and a trusted exchange of ICO identities. Keep views project team everyone's profiles and locations, research their products, even if any of the information they provide is questionable or unreasonable then think that the project is a hoax.
for some projects maybe we can identify it ourselves. however, for professional scammers, it can be difficult to do research on your own. sometimes you need help from forums to do that. however, there are still quite a few people asking about project scam on this forum, and it really helps.
That's true! There are some obvious tricks that we can realize at the first time seeing it. However, scammers always get smarter and smarter. Sometimes, we can't even know we are involving in a scam project until it turns out to be a scam one! Doing researches are helpful, though, sometimes scammers are miles ahead us that we can't realize anything! Consulting other advice and feedback is a good way too!
Activity: 1582
Merit: 690
August 13, 2020, 05:22:13 AM
for some projects maybe we can identify it ourselves. however, for professional scammers, it can be difficult to do research on your own. sometimes you need help from forums to do that. however, there are still quite a few people asking about project scam on this forum, and it really helps.
Activity: 686
Merit: 28
PUGG.io
August 13, 2020, 04:01:09 AM
other says that team members inside the management doesn't put their real identity for the sake of their protection and privacy and still the project become successful.
Would investors trust such a project if the person and team behind the project was hidden? such a project is very dubious.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
August 13, 2020, 03:53:12 AM
Actually we all especially the investor must focus on the project team members as we almost neglect to search for the team as everyone knows that if the team is well known and real people and has some good previous experience in crypto then the project is in safe hands otherwise leave the project.
Activity: 457
Chainjoes.com
August 12, 2020, 10:54:27 PM
The first thing that I always do is checking their social media updates, like from it's twitter, telegram, github, since that was the place that will give me some kind of information about the project and it's update. After that I will check to it's website, looking out for their Team Members and making sure all of them are actually real, it's name, it's face, because a fake project will definitely not gonna put their real identity.

Same here,  first thing for real is we always do checking social media updates. you can also read their white paper if its available so that you know what's the scope of the project. other says that team members inside the management doesn't put their real identity for the sake of their protection and privacy and still the project become successful.
Activity: 561
https://imgur.com/cUCkVsv
August 12, 2020, 05:21:09 PM
but not all projects will include their address on the website or whitepaper, most of them just state which country they are from. and again seeing the team in the project in my opinion is the most important, because if the team is fake it is certain the project is a scam
Activity: 736
August 12, 2020, 02:35:35 PM
not only addresses, if you are more careful there are many obstacles that need to be suspected about fake projects, especially team and developer photos, company addresses, cellphone numbers, even when trying VideoCall directly, it is not certain that the person communicating with you is the real team. It's all about money, money can make fake projects look like real ones.
Activity: 449
Merit: 10
swordking
August 12, 2020, 02:07:34 PM
Investors have to make sure about one thing and that is always being a researcher before investing any kind of money. Good research with some efforts can save you from losing your money. That's why always look team behind the project as well as the project address or there are many other ways to find out about the project is a scam or not.
Activity: 1935
Merit: 290
August 12, 2020, 12:59:30 PM
Activity: 785
Merit: 105
August 12, 2020, 12:50:19 PM
When hunters encounter fake projects, it will only take time. But for investors, they will lose most of the money invested. I think before investing, you can join the relevant cryptocurrency groups to see some advice. If you want to check, you can check the website life, team, news from that project and see if it is correct or not.
And that is why investors will never waste their money and time on ICO projects. Too risky for them to invest in it, they will choose IEO projects at large exchanges so their money is safe and profitable.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
August 12, 2020, 08:12:28 AM
There are so many ways to know if the project is legit or fake, one of this ways is the address the background of the team specially the ceo and the profile that is shown on white paper, sometimes if the project is fake they also use a fake picture or photo so that they can easily scape if the people find out that they are scammers.
Activity: 686
Merit: 28
PUGG.io
August 12, 2020, 04:13:25 AM
But for investors, they will lose most of the money invested. I think before investing, you can join the relevant cryptocurrency groups to see some advice. If you want to check, you can check the website life, team, news from that project and see if it is correct or not.
It is very difficult for investors to find real projects. People who have a lot of experience and good analysis may be able to successfully indicate fake projects earlier
Pages:
Jump to: