Pages:
Author

Topic: How to market an ICO? - page 3. (Read 1963 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
December 07, 2017, 09:17:42 PM
I think I'll put an entire ICO marketing strategy in a whitepaper and offer it to BitcoinTalk members, as I don't see much info about the entire process.  Cheesy
I think maybe his managar yet provide information entirely,  so have to wait before commenting or argue about if cheesy icons was changed, before there is proof
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 09:06:24 PM
From my perspective, people are buying into ICOs when they see three major components that everyone was looking for to feel confident investing. First is the depth of the project, Second is the people behind it/ Transparency and roadmaps, whitepapers, vision and mission etc. Once you market all of these with good components of marketing, It'll be the apple of the eye. Some people are buying into the names of the ICOs, once a good name, always catchy to people. But how about a both? Good project and Good name. Anyway, Goodluck to our crypto journey!
Activity: 246
December 07, 2017, 08:16:09 PM
I am currently helping two ICO's with marketing. DM me if you are interested.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Look ARROUND!
December 07, 2017, 07:54:05 PM
As far as I know, this is a very long and not simple work that will take many years, even if you have an idea and a team. I think with the finished "product" - it's easier.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 05:33:10 PM
Are you planning to start own ICO? My opinion is first of all - please, do a beta-version of product, show results, add more trust, explain your vision and advantages of using your product, provide information about the market - get feedback. After that start to prepare ICO.
you are now advised to do everything as the investor or participant of the beam would like to see the project itself. But it seems to me that the developers are very different in looking at the creation of their own ICO company.
Activity: 421
December 07, 2017, 04:56:58 PM
most ICO hire campaign managers here in BTT
theres a lot ways to market an ICO.. at first they hire translators for different country and languages.
then they will get some people to work with..
at facebook, twitter telegram here at btt with signature campaigns and many more ..
i just hope time will not come that ICO will go to mainstream TV for their ads , that will make BTT community sad ano incomeless forthe people here
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
December 07, 2017, 04:54:45 PM
Are you planning to start own ICO? My opinion is first of all - please, do a beta-version of product, show results, add more trust, explain your vision and advantages of using your product, provide information about the market - get feedback. After that start to prepare ICO.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
December 07, 2017, 04:44:39 PM
I think the ICO should have some supports from experienced team members or advisors. And you can hire a bounty manager to have a bouty campaign. Just like making ANN thread on this forum.
A great ICO should have a professional team that worked hard over the past few years and known for every ICO they have made in the past. Specially the development team and the advisory team, you can look up every one of them by doing some background check so that you're project will become successful in the future.
Activity: 42
December 07, 2017, 04:28:05 PM
I think the way you market an ICO depends on what features your ICO has and your target audience. This isn't a case where one size fits all ~cheers
brand new
Activity: 0
December 07, 2017, 04:18:07 PM
Here is a good article that goes through the basics of marketing an ICO, think it's a good starting point where you can build up your strategy, Hope this helps!

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/how-to-create-an-ico-part-3-marketing-24af9a4ec3b
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
December 07, 2017, 11:26:52 AM
I think the ICO should have some supports from experienced team members or advisors. And you can hire a bounty manager to have a bouty campaign. Just like making ANN thread on this forum.
Activity: 175
Merit: 15
General Director at MoonBounties.io
December 07, 2017, 11:16:51 AM
I think I'll put an entire ICO marketing strategy in a whitepaper and offer it to BitcoinTalk members, as I don't see much info about the entire process.  Cheesy
Activity: 309
Merit: 10
November 17, 2017, 08:04:23 AM
What are the different ways you can market ICO?

Which all platforms and advertising agencies?

Who are the people who make an ICO successful?

How much upfront budget is normally being spend on ICO Marketing & Advertising?

Thoes days it's all depends on a budget and we are not talking about bounty. Video on youtube
from the guys that have 50k+ views will make it better for you then a signature campaign, but it
can cost you from 1btc up to 5btc or probabbly even more, per video. Lower the payment less
feedback y'll get. Facebook works good for traffic, but i'm not sure that it gives you potential investors.
I did't find that dependencies. Telegram is a good option but you have to hire people to do that.
So to run effective campaign y'll need around from 5 to 8 people and a budget from 500$ per week
and up to 200k to take max out of it. But even if you spend 200k it will not guarantee you that y'll
go good.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution
November 16, 2017, 06:21:10 PM
To run and market an ICO, you need a team of 8-10 people plus the team behind the project. We have such a team in place, working for a project and then moving on to the next project. Every ICO has is own market and its own techniques. There's always new routes to take and new things to discover.

What I have found is that the more you plan ahead, the less distractions you will face.

Activity: 20
November 16, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
Dear crypto Lovers,

I am happy to announce the launh of our new website! http://marketmyico.com/
We updated our website because of all the Advertising requests we got the last few weeks!
We would also like to say thank-you to all the ICO companies that gave such a positive feedback on our service!

If you are a new or upcomming ICO and you need good Marketing:

We are an ICO advertisement company. We have a great team consisting of 3 hard working students and 2 Social Media Experts. Unlike most of the ICO advertisement groups, we own a big following on social media. On twitter, the main network for crypto in our eyes, we have a following of 4 million. These followers are spread on a few different accounts. Our biggest account has 1.2 million followers and on normals ads we can get about 600k-1million views. Our twitter age target group is around 18-32. Besides twitter, we have a facebook targeting expert, who has worked in one of the biggest social media companies in the Netherlands. We have advertised for both Nike and Fanta. Besides that, we have advertised for a lot of small upcomming companies. We already have some experience with advertising ICO's, a few ICO companies have contacted us and we gave them GREAT results.

If you need advertisment for your ICO and do not want to pay ridiculous high prices, Be sure to contact us!
Telegram: www.T.me/whatismyname
Email: [email protected]
Or ofcourse checkout our new website: www.marketmyico.com

Thank-you,
MarketMyIco team
Activity: 154
October 27, 2017, 07:38:47 AM
Hi
Who can help with ICO marketing budget breakdown kindly?
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
August 15, 2017, 01:09:12 PM
If your confident your project is going to be a hit and that you think its worth funded by investors then promote it to targeted users in several bitcoin groups in facebook. Also allow the chinese translators to promote it to the chinese community. They all want something that will make them rich so if they find your project quite interesting they will send money for it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
August 15, 2017, 12:37:23 PM
There are cryptocurrency advertisement agencies which you can give an advertisement to many popular cryptocurrency websites. You can also give an advertisement here or make a bounty campaign.
Activity: 703
Merit: 500
August 15, 2017, 12:15:44 PM

I think the best way for opening an ICO is to learn from others, as you can see ,there are many ICOs in different stages, and you can see the dev team how to promote their projects. For example, you can get a lot of information from the Announcement board in this section.
Activity: 201
Merit: 194
August 15, 2017, 11:58:28 AM
Given that the project heading to an ICO has really great potential, is well-elaborated (also in the white paper), and is lead by a credible, experienced team, you'll need:
- a robust landing page with right emphases and all relevant information, and
- a bunch of marketing activities using these instruments listed in another thread:
1. Classic PR - press releases, interviews, Q&A
2. Banner advertising - display ads for extensive reach
3. Influential marketing - connect with opinion leaders.
4. Social media - connect with audience & opinion leaders.
5. YouTube - statements from founders, project introduction.
6. Bounty campaigns - referrals showtime.
7. Placements in blogs - native advertising.
8. Viral media - videos or pictures.
9. Community marketing - you know, Bitcointalk.
10. Events - meetups, conferences etc.

Whitepaper? Hell with it, we will have an alpha version of complete working product!
Credible, Experienced Team? No Sad But we are ready to learn anything and every famous guy started at zero! And we are learning each day!
Landing page? Sure, easy peasy Smiley
Marketing? I have a fine knowledge of marketing and have done for few company, but I have not yet done for an ICO, which soon will change Wink

unfortunately, you cant get away from writing a whitepaper even if you have a working product. you need to address the token utility, your development roadmap, target market, business revenue, etc. there are many well-written whitepapers out there for reference. however as with most of the comments here, your business solution must make sense and $$.

Svyaznoy's list is quite comprehensive and worst case scenario, engage a digital media company to help with the PR. I approached a company recently on an upcoming ICO and was quoted US$150K~$500k depending on how far you are willing to go. I have done a fair bit of research over the past couple of months and i think cost could be managed to below US$50k for reasonable outreach. however bottomline, your solution must make sense. you cant even begin to imagine how many trolls out here that will trash your idea, accuse you of being a money-grabber, scam, etc etc.....

If you need help, you can PM me, hahaha hopefully i can share some positive experience in the next couple of months.
One thing that it is very important, I consider is keeping very informed to the project's follower community, keeping them up about new information. This gives credibility to the project. There always will be these people say that the project is scam, but if you do this, many people will give them their trust in that project

I don't know if someone already mentioned you but also there's another way do marketing for an ICO, you can offer bounty to those people that have a blog about cryptocurrencies for writing an article about project
Pages:
Jump to: