Pages:
Author

Topic: How to partecipate an airdrop? - page 2. (Read 643 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 09, 2017, 09:06:14 PM
As a friendly reminder, any airdrop that asks for your private keys is a scam.

+1 here, I encountered one Airdrop when I was very new to this kind of marketing where it was asking for MEW private key. It was posted on FB and encouraging many referrals. I forgot the name of airdrop though. And of course, I created MEW and given my private key and for further research it was scam. Good thing it wasn't my primary MEW and no funds at all since it was like a day or 2 for me venturing crypto  Tongue

Anyway, it's easy to join airdrop, there are different ways, some want you to join their own forum, refer to social media etc. Just study and research which airdrop you wnat to join in so that it will not waste your time and effort Smiley good luck!
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
October 09, 2017, 09:01:38 PM
Im a newbie
I see lot of airdrop here, and I want to partecipate, but I don't understand how to do it.

I have to send my eth adresse, but how can I have the "airdropped Crypto"?
Just do what they wanted you to do. Just don't put your personal privatekey when participating on a airdrop. Always take caution when puting your personal infoes.

Airdrop is like they are giving away their tokens for free so the community would spread.
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
October 09, 2017, 09:01:11 PM
If the airdrop is asking for your etherium address, it is because the new token created will be part of the etherium blockchain.  You need to download a wallet, like myetherwallet (make sure you get the official one, lots of scams with this wallet), and send them your address (and as other have said, your address is different than your private key, it's okay to send your address, but never send your private key to anyone).  If the airdrop is legit, and you are accepted, the tokens should show up in your myetherwallet eventually.

There are many versions of air drops ... this example was for etherium.  Waves is like etherium, so if the airdrop asks for your waves wallet, it works the same, you just just need to download a waves wallet to get started.
Activity: 151
PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY
October 09, 2017, 08:41:27 PM
As a beginner I am very confused of those wallets and also airdrops.Thanks for those helpful advices and comments.Need to read all of those.I am also a newbie that is very much confused of those things.
Activity: 392
October 09, 2017, 08:35:48 PM
Im a newbie
I see lot of airdrop here, and I want to partecipate, but I don't understand how to do it.

Thanks

I have no idea, what airdrop is all about. I will do some research about this. I read some comments and find it so much interesting. I also want to give my effort and get some coins.
Activity: 154
October 09, 2017, 08:24:21 PM
Airdrops give free coins to those who are interested to support their projects, compared to ICO's airdrops only needs your effort, however some were not true. Lucky are those who are given free coins from airdrop but did not invest anything but time, and the price is getting high, so its profitable. Unlike in ICO's we are to contribute something for the project development which are financially risky.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
October 09, 2017, 08:20:32 PM
Every one is different. When you go to them they all have a different list of requirements. I typically use mobile wallet imtoken because the airdropped coin is dropped into your wallet for you. All you do is send them your eth receiving address and imToken creates the custom ticker for you. You can also check etherscan.io on the transaction, contract address and decimals to make sure it’s all right.

Yeah, they'll generally post the rules for the airdrop in the announcement thread. A bunch of them don't ever pay you / don't amount to anything btw
Activity: 307
Merit: 119
October 09, 2017, 08:18:20 PM
I am also still confused with airdrop. I am currently studying more. But when I look at it in passing. The essence of airdrop is token / coin directly with the conditions specified. and every airdrop is different.
Activity: 378
October 09, 2017, 07:25:45 PM
airdrop is an easy way to get bitcoin from this forum, you just send email address and wallet address, to get the airdropp submission usually also have to confirm email after you register. depending on the rules of airdrop, each airdrop rule is different
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 09, 2017, 07:21:23 PM
Most airdrops you see nowadays are indeed on the eth network, when you have given your address to the dev of said project (through pm or usually through a form on a website) they will eventually send coins to your wallet.
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
October 09, 2017, 07:21:12 PM
As a friendly reminder, any airdrop that asks for your private keys is a scam.
Activity: 210
Merit: 103
October 09, 2017, 07:17:54 PM
Every one is different. When you go to them they all have a different list of requirements. I typically use mobile wallet imtoken because the airdropped coin is dropped into your wallet for you. All you do is send them your eth receiving address and imToken creates the custom ticker for you. You can also check etherscan.io on the transaction, contract address and decimals to make sure it’s all right.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 05:57:56 PM
Im a newbie

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: