Pages:
Author

Topic: How to participate in an ICO for a US citizen? - page 2. (Read 213 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 252
Are there any ways to participate?
Many ICOs now have KYC procedures so it is becoming not enough to just use VPN..
Americans are excluded from this party..Are there any roundabout ways?

KYC is using for safety, of course they have reason about it. I believe in ICO web has been explanation about why KYC is needed and you can also join their communication channel ( telegram ) to asking about that. Not all ICO use KYC, you can find another ICO or maybe change your style. Meaning, you can participated in ICO after listing on exchange, you can buy it from there and most ICO has low price after list ( investor become trader ). Try it and good luck with you.
Activity: 453
Merit: 104
May be it will hard to find it. But there is one more good way. Usually after an ICO is success the its bounty campaign participants will dump the coin, honestly it is not so good decision because even the development is in very early phase. Then you can buy it after they dump, you even can buy at lower price, this is an advantage for you. Then you only need to wait the developer do things in their roadmap and wait the price of their coin rise.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
The only way then is to fake a proof or get a person in another country register for you and buy and then send to your wallet for the ICOs that have a KYC otherwise a VPN will be ok.I dont know of any other way around this apart from these two
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
If ICO asks for KYC then I don't think so can buy being a US citizen if you're not allowed unless you got some fake proofs.

But what you can do is need to find some trusted member who can buy on behalf you from other countries and who are willing to help for some commission. You should deal with only some reputed people if you choose this method otherwise people may cheat you.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
Are there any ways to participate?
Many ICOs now have KYC procedures so it is becoming not enough to just use VPN..
Americans are excluded from this party..Are there any roundabout ways?
Pages:
Jump to: