Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect from keyloggers? - page 2. (Read 2665 times)

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
November 07, 2014, 06:48:47 PM
On screen keyboard stops key loggers from tracking your key strokes from what I know. You defiantly shouldn't try to do anything other than remove the virus if you believe you're infected though.

screen recorder
Activity: 91
Merit: 15
November 07, 2014, 04:38:34 PM
You want to know how to protect yourself from keyloggers ?
Give a crap about firewall's warnings and google chorme's warnings about bad downloads and you should be fine and a simple anti-virus/malware should work.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
November 07, 2014, 03:07:21 PM
I prefer keepass over lastpass, although I only use them for low level accounts.

EDIT: I prefer to have keepass because it can be stored locally and isn't tied to the servers being up for it to function correctly.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 07, 2014, 02:38:21 PM
There isn't much that you can do once you are infected (there are rare options such as lastpass). The main thing is that you need to try protecting your devices so that they do not get infected by any malware/logger or anything harmful.

how does lastpass help?
Well that is simple.
Step 1: Open Google
Step 2: Search for Lastpass
Step 3: View https://lastpass.com/

They've pretty much explained it. Your passwords are pretty much kept in the cloud only, this way you don't have to type them in and a keylogger can't do anything really. Now obviously storing everything in the cloud isn't secure, nor is anything for that sake 100%. Lastpass was even hacked a few years ago but they imminently notified anyone and forced a master password change if your stuff got accessed from another computer.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
November 07, 2014, 01:32:12 PM
On screen keyboard stops key loggers from tracking your key strokes from what I know. You defiantly shouldn't try to do anything other than remove the virus if you believe you're infected though.

On screen keyboard prevents nothing, well that's not 100% correct, it does prevent some keyloggers, but only the minority. For example, one that it's not immune against is a key logger which takes screenshots, which is common with most key loggers.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 07, 2014, 12:52:22 PM
i always thought keyloggers use devices where its impossible to tell.

some forms being remote location.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
November 07, 2014, 12:43:50 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 07, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
just keep your system's anti virus fully up to dated.. and avoid downloading stuff from unknown sources
Activity: 238
Merit: 250
November 07, 2014, 06:50:43 AM
I've seen some scranbler software before but Im sure that it doesnt work because people who create the keyloggers and RAT's are very clever and ca easily decompile the scrambler and find out the algorithm being used to scramble data, and hence, scramblers wont work. I've seen someone say malware bytes works, yes it definitely works, I recommend you to use it. Also, try using Sandboxie while running unknown files though theres a method for anti-sandboxie.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
November 07, 2014, 05:41:06 AM
I'd recommend downloading a linux live cd / usb and boot from that exclusively when you want to transact with your coins. As long as the distro is safe you should also be fine. I'd avoid using a windows machine as it's just far too easy to get a virus these days even with a decent antivirus installed.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
November 07, 2014, 02:50:16 AM
Can you install lastpass on Linux? (ubuntu)

Works fine for me.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
November 07, 2014, 02:25:10 AM
I have a question related to virus/key loggers and other 'dirty' software.

If I want to install Linux and I download it off the Ubuntu website...what if my windows computer is already infected? Will it affect the download of ubuntu? I'll be redownloading ubuntu soon & then burning it to a cd just wondering if I will be safe I plan on reinstall the bitcoin client as I've had trouble lately.

Dumb question  Roll Eyes

Sorry.
b!z
legendary
November 07, 2014, 02:19:19 AM
I've been using LastPass for the past year and had no problems and it saves a whole lot of time and brain usage.

another alt account/sockpuppet
Activity: 2
November 07, 2014, 02:14:46 AM
I've been using LastPass for the past year and had no problems and it saves a whole lot of time and brain usage.
b!z
legendary
November 07, 2014, 02:13:48 AM
There isn't much that you can do once you are infected (there are rare options such as lastpass). The main thing is that you need to try protecting your devices so that they do not get infected by any malware/logger or anything harmful.

how does lastpass help?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 07, 2014, 01:29:02 AM
b!z
legendary
November 07, 2014, 12:55:24 AM

Yep! https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php

Click on the Linux tab.
Activity: 8
November 06, 2014, 11:21:38 PM
Pen + Paper and a matchbook.

You still gotta magically import that data from your paper onto your computer without a keylogger fucking you which is impossible if you are infected with one. No matter what you do if you have a keylogger installed and you are not aware of it then you can't find a special way of inputing something....especially these devices which claim to be keylogger proof because you type through a external piece of kit...thats bullshit and acts the same as a keyboard.

You can only take precautions;

1. Anti Virus installed
2. Know what processors are supposed to be running. (clean install & note trusted programs which you install)
3. Install/download anything not from a legit source on a virtual machine through VMware or something similar.
4. Know your filesystem inside out.
5. Use a password manager such as lastpass...good for not forgetting passwords too and is very beneficial....everything is encrypted on sever side.
6. Download Noscript & httpeverywhere extensions & disable javascript on your browser.
7. Don't be a arsehole.
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
November 06, 2014, 11:14:48 PM
Pen + Paper and a matchbook.
Activity: 2
November 06, 2014, 11:08:32 PM
Pages:
Jump to: