Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your crypto before death? - page 7. (Read 773 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 3
October 18, 2019, 06:59:15 PM
There are some coins that will not last for long, which invariably, cannot be preserved or saved for generations to come or for anyone to inherit. However, they can be converted to currencies that might likely last for long. For instance, they can be converted to BTC or other top coins that have been established.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
October 18, 2019, 06:05:15 PM
If at some point in time I come across death, how would I actually preserve my crypto for other family members to enjoy? I mean, this should be a concern to every crypto enthusiast since all the money they've earned over time could easily be lost without the ability to be recovered by someone else. The decentralized nature of crypto, leaves us responsible of protecting our own funds no matter what.

Which is why, I'm eager to know which are the best practices to preserve my cryptocurrency in case I die in the future? Any recommendations or suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley

get a tattoo with your private keys (QRcode even?)
don't tell anyone about it
when u die your loved ones will either find it, or you can leave the details about it in your will Tongue
Even if u die naked with no ID, your crypto keys might survive that way haha

You made my day Cheesy I have thought about the crypto holdings after the death too but making a tattoo is the worst way to hold the private keys in the recent market conditions. The single downtrend can change my opinion and I can aks the new tattoo with the new private QR code. Taking the risky decisions is not my cup of tea but I think about the fireproof paper which I will write down my private keys in the future.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
October 18, 2019, 05:59:17 PM
But if a stranger who's playing around accidentally scan that, you'll be sorry.

@Abiky, I think that you should be prepared in a way through talking to them. Like giving them some idea on what you are preparing and just tell them the truth that in case something unexpected happen to you, they will be secured. Just leave them a set of instructions including your private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
October 18, 2019, 05:39:53 PM
If at some point in time I come across death, how would I actually preserve my crypto for other family members to enjoy? I mean, this should be a concern to every crypto enthusiast since all the money they've earned over time could easily be lost without the ability to be recovered by someone else. The decentralized nature of crypto, leaves us responsible of protecting our own funds no matter what.

Which is why, I'm eager to know which are the best practices to preserve my cryptocurrency in case I die in the future? Any recommendations or suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley

don't tell anyone about it
when u die your loved ones will either find it, or you can leave the details about it in your will Tongue
Even if u die naked with no ID, your crypto keys might survive that way haha

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 18, 2019, 04:34:29 PM

Pages:
Jump to: