Pages:
Author

Topic: How to recognize scam - page 5. (Read 3159 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 03:43:16 AM
Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know. Especially when you work in a startup launching ICO and do your best to make a project successful. However, having worked in ICO industry I learned how to recognize a scam just from one conversation with a Founder. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Probably, my subconscious translates knowledge, but I could not say a have a large experience.

So I decided to make a list of scam signs: (and this is just my own opinion)

- A founder and a team are not open.

Talking with a founder is always nice. They are usually full of energy and ready to talk about their project for hours. No matter how tired he/she is: when one is asking about a project, a founder starts talking about it with eyes burn with a fire. No matter who you are. When a founder deflects, tries to escape and avoids it makes you think that he/she just can't tell you anything important. What is more, it is crucial talking to a team. When a team member doesn't know how to answer a simple question about a product, it is also a bad sign.

In case of the lack of opportunity to visit an event and to talk to a team, you always can contact a founder and a team online. They should be open and answer patiently all your difficult questions. Even if you ask it every minute.

- Spending a lot of money on marketing isn't always show professionalism.

Just think. A company needs ICO to raise money for a company development. Isn't it a little bit queerly when an unknown company is too fancy. How? And Why? Why do they need ICO if they already have money on expensive advertisement? I don't know too  Huh

- You know nothing about a founder. And you cant find any information about him/her.

Always google the founder. Always. And now I'm not talking about his/her FB page. I'm talking about his experience, education, photos, events he took part in. A founder should not be a mysterious person who came from nowhere. His background should be open to everyone.

- They don't have a readymade product.

Let's make a sober recognition. The competition is high. In the end of 2017 - the beginning of 2018 you just can't appear with an idea and ask for money. You need to develop your product before ICO. It should not be an amazing one. It could be just prototype. But investors need something real. They need to touch and try your product. However, just 16% of all ICO has a product.

And what do you think about it? What are your signs of a scam?

I can never know on how to identify if it's scam , sometimes  i just read about the reviews on the community but probably i cant never.. but i invest only to what i can afford to loss
Activity: 210
June 21, 2018, 03:39:26 AM
To recognise a scams then you need to doing more research to expand your knowledge and experience, you will find out scams is one patterns and able to identify.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 04:19:59 AM
according to me by looking at the project and team, as well as the vision of the project's mission. but we also have to see the ptoyeo market. Whether there will be many enthusiasts or not.

I don't think all projects are intended to cheat, many of them disappear when there is no enthusiasm from the campaign participants and potential buyers in the forum.
Activity: 322
June 17, 2018, 04:15:26 AM
Scams, to be recognized is a hard one. We should firstly research about the company. Have a good look of its website, Whitepaper. The members of the company are experienced or not. We should also talk to some experts before working/investing in it. Research is the major factor to recognize the scam.
Activity: 107
June 17, 2018, 03:45:11 AM
most of  the programs stop communication once the fund is collected and most important their LinkedIn profiles are suspicious and they wont attend any blockchain and ico events
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 03:40:11 AM
I usually recognize scams by participating in the forum or groups about the coin and asking very basic newby questions and stay there for a a few weeks  and I can tell you it has been effectively most of the time , not 100 percent  but I’ve had succeso could also be luck but I keep doing this strategy untill i gets screwed
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 03:34:11 AM
To know of an ICO is a scam look at their roadmap it should be realistic it is impossible to a token to be a skyrocket in a month. The roadmap of the ICO should be on the same pace. Bounty it must not be unreasonably high. If an ICO promises gain on your investment 30–50% higher than market average, it is suspicious. Pre-ICO A project must have a platform that is functioning at least in a test mode. If such a platform exists, this is not a scam. You check it carefully so you will not be scamed
Activity: 910
Merit: 520
June 05, 2018, 07:54:39 AM
That is a good point and really helpful for anyone here looking for ICO to invest in. Most of them are afraid because many ICO are scams and failed. They need a good one.
I think it's good to make a distinction between ICO scams and POW MNs scams. But a lot of the time they withh have similar red flags.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
June 05, 2018, 04:25:55 AM
That is a good point and really helpful for anyone here looking for ICO to invest in. Most of them are afraid because many ICO are scams and failed. They need a good one.
Activity: 70
June 05, 2018, 04:23:27 AM
according to me by looking at the project and team, as well as the vision of the project's mission. but we also have to see the ptoyeo market. Whether there will be many enthusiasts or not.
Activity: 308
June 01, 2018, 05:52:55 AM
It is too much hard to recognize which project is scam. Scammers always disguise themselves but you may contact with them in telegram they will not follow other investors. So keep track on them and ask relevant question about the project which will reveal there truth.
Activity: 126
June 01, 2018, 05:52:04 AM
Hi

I think so like you. Before you invest, you should be really sure if the project can keep up with the market. Especially as you have already written who has desire is open to all questions and would like to explain everything in detail.
Activity: 210
June 01, 2018, 05:33:25 AM
What important to know if the project is a scam or not would be to check the team behind the project, They should give a complete list of the team member on the thread or sites to indicate that they are the real team and a guaranty of the project, if not, then it could probably a scam project.
That is for myself, better worry than sorry Cheesy
The easiest way to test is their Telegram community, they do not follow closely the other investors and do not answer honestly about their projects, so keep track of them in 1 The next week you will realize that, you have to ask about the project and find the relevant questions, which will reveal their deceptive nature.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 05:30:36 AM
I think communicating with the ICO team is a very effective way to identify the true and false! We can get a lot of useful information in the interrogation, and even rely on its answer to analyze whether they are really doing something!
Activity: 350
June 01, 2018, 05:27:38 AM
Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know. Especially when you work in a startup launching ICO and do your best to make a project successful. However, having worked in ICO industry I learned how to recognize a scam just from one conversation with a Founder. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Probably, my subconscious translates knowledge, but I could not say a have a large experience.

So I decided to make a list of scam signs: (and this is just my own opinion)

- A founder and a team are not open.

Talking with a founder is always nice. They are usually full of energy and ready to talk about their project for hours. No matter how tired he/she is: when one is asking about a project, a founder starts talking about it with eyes burn with a fire. No matter who you are. When a founder deflects, tries to escape and avoids it makes you think that he/she just can't tell you anything important. What is more, it is crucial talking to a team. When a team member doesn't know how to answer a simple question about a product, it is also a bad sign.

In case of the lack of opportunity to visit an event and to talk to a team, you always can contact a founder and a team online. They should be open and answer patiently all your difficult questions. Even if you ask it every minute.

- Spending a lot of money on marketing isn't always show professionalism.

Just think. A company needs ICO to raise money for a company development. Isn't it a little bit queerly when an unknown company is too fancy. How? And Why? Why do they need ICO if they already have money on expensive advertisement? I don't know too  Huh

- You know nothing about a founder. And you cant find any information about him/her.

Always google the founder. Always. And now I'm not talking about his/her FB page. I'm talking about his experience, education, photos, events he took part in. A founder should not be a mysterious person who came from nowhere. His background should be open to everyone.

- They don't have a readymade product.

Let's make a sober recognition. The competition is high. In the end of 2017 - the beginning of 2018 you just can't appear with an idea and ask for money. You need to develop your product before ICO. It should not be an amazing one. It could be just prototype. But investors need something real. They need to touch and try your product. However, just 16% of all ICO has a product.

And what do you think about it? What are your signs of a scam?

There is no way for you to recognize an ico if it was a scam or not, the best thing to do is just look at its developers if they are legitimate or not in order to determine the project if it was just a fraud.
Activity: 266
June 01, 2018, 05:23:12 AM
Scam may be recognize if what they are offering is too good to be true. If they are offeing high returns in a short period of time there is high possibility that they aren't telling the truth. They only want to gain much money in an instant. So we should be aware of them.
Activity: 90
May 30, 2018, 10:38:02 PM
I can not determine at the beginning of the project how it will later behave because it is difficult if the conditions coincide with other projects.
Do you read what the Whitepaper is about? Most teams have Whitepapers, Yellowpapers and other papers that will describe what the project is about.
Activity: 55
May 30, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
I can not determine at the beginning of the project how it will later behave because it is difficult if the conditions coincide with other projects.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
May 29, 2018, 02:02:31 AM
What important to know if the project is a scam or not would be to check the team behind the project, They should give a complete list of the team member on the thread or sites to indicate that they are the real team and a guaranty of the project, if not, then it could probably a scam project.
That is for myself, better worry than sorry Cheesy
Activity: 14
May 29, 2018, 01:51:29 AM
In my own opinion. i think you could recognize scams by the way the project is going and doing. and if project isn't competitive in the market at all.
https://medium.com/@dcc.finance2018/stewie-zhu-on-dccs-plans-for-the-southeast-asian-market-7bf0e7bb3d69

To learn more about DCC, you can visit their website at http://dcc.finance/ or follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DccOfficial2018
Pages:
Jump to: