Pages:
Author

Topic: How to remotely poweroff or fix a frozen computer - page 2. (Read 1030 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Wifi controlled outlet.

Think this would be the most inexpensive/effective route, are there any stores that you know that carry something like this? Walmart, Staples, OfficeMax? If not its fine, trying to figure out in store availability. I am going on a couple business trips in a couple days and my rig is being a pain in the ass. Don't want to miss out on any minimal crypto gains while I'm gone, can't get the ROI if its offline lol. Thanks a lot guys.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
I use teamviewer for remote access, is there anyway to unfreeze by forcing a powerdown on the computer?? My computer was just showing as offline but it still powered on but the computer was frozen/inaccessible.. Is there any creative ideas on how to power off a computer when frozen? My mobo is set to automatically power on after a power-loss.

Search for USB PC Watchdog and find a good one.
I use teamviewer for remote access, is there anyway to unfreeze by forcing a powerdown on the computer?? My computer was just showing as offline but it still powered on but the computer was frozen/inaccessible.. Is there any creative ideas on how to power off a computer when frozen? My mobo is set to automatically power on after a power-loss.

well, will it work if the pc is locked up?

well, if you took a minute and actually googled it then you would know.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
You can try OpenSSH for Windows. That will usually let you connect from a remote command prompt when the rig is frozen. Type 'shutdown /s /t 0' to shutdown right away or 'shutdown /r /t 0' to reboot.

https://www.mls-software.com/opensshd.html

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

well, will it work if the pc is locked up?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Checkout tytanick simple rig resetter. Works beautifully for just that. Up to 10 rigs with base unit. Search for his name and simple rig resetter. Or goto simplemining.net

Best Regards
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
90*c is good, right?
Wifi controlled outlet.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

If it's locked up, you have to use the physical power button.  Maybe some sort of physical circuit with a chip and network interface you can message that is the power button itself that you can communicate with to move the switch when it receives a code?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: