Pages:
Author

Topic: How to securely store your Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 684 times)

Activity: 669
Merit: 10
November 20, 2020, 05:47:52 AM
storing Bitcoin is good in cold wallets or in ledgers, trezors, and some other decentralized wallets, such as Metamask,
don't let you store Bitcoin in a wallet exchange, it's very high risk of losing your assets, believe me,
Oh and the article is pretty good I like it and agree with you, thank you
Activity: 1540
Merit: 102
November 20, 2020, 05:11:00 AM
Thank you for the article the key to secure the bitcoin in the wallet is either to store them in a hardware wallet where no one can access them online or use the 2factor authentification on the wallet that provides maximum security.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
November 20, 2020, 04:18:46 AM
Great article but I think many newbies will appreciate it if you posted it to Beginners & Help since most of the newbies are into that section. There's an option at the bottom that you can move it to that section if you really wanted to newbies to read it.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
November 20, 2020, 04:08:20 AM
I've found a lot of articles like this, not one of them (at least I don't find it yet) deep dive into the steps of securing the backup, and so on. The main goal is probably trying to get a good SEO score so they can show up on Google search list.
I have not used metamask wallet before, but I think it does not have any support for bitcoin? Please, correct me if wrong. If it does not have any support for bitcoin, I do not think it should be included if the title of the topic is 'How to securely store your Bitcoin', this is about bitcoin article and not about ether, ethereum classic or ERC20 tokens. I think blockchain wallet, or any other web wallet that support bitcoin will be good this as an example.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
November 20, 2020, 03:48:02 AM
What Is A Crypto Wallet? How To Securely Store Bitcoin

Let me know if you have any questions or comments on the article!
That article, easy to get from internet searches, I thought the topic of a safe wallet for storing bitcoins, oh, it turns out how to store it.

I often see the same topic in this forum, I'm not sure whether the article was followed or not.
Example:

Topic: GUIDE: Securely storing large amounts of bitcoin (brain wallet/paper wallet)
Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?
Topic: How to keep the BitCoins Safe?
Topic: Securely Generating Bitcoin Addresses for Users

I think the percentage is very little to read and do as said in the article, generally, people keep their Bitcoin safe depending on where they invest, because we have a community all over the world, so different countries and exchanges have different ways of doing security.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
November 20, 2020, 03:17:30 AM
Also, I do not see any reason for metamask wallet or DeFi to be included if truly you want the article to fit into this board.
To be fair, the article more or less explains that MetaMask and other web wallets are not reliable when it comes to protecting your funds. But the overall direction of the article is just describing which hardware wallet is good for newbies.

I've found a lot of articles like this, not one of them (at least I don't find it yet) deep dive into the steps of securing the backup, and so on. The main goal is probably trying to get a good SEO score so they can show up on Google search list.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
November 20, 2020, 02:34:48 AM
How to securely store your Bitcoin should completely or accurately be about privacy and security, but your article is more for beginners to just know about bitcoin wallets. Also, I do not see any reason for metamask wallet or DeFi to be included if truly you want the article to fit into this board. In my opinion, you do not really specify on privacy, security and safety which should be your focus. Exodus wallet has never been a recommended wallet on this forum as well.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
November 19, 2020, 07:40:54 PM
Nice article. A good read for newbies.

But I'm expecting you should also highlight those desktop wallets, even with basic information, just as what you did on the Metamask extension and not just mentioning them.

And since the subject is security and the target audience are newbies, might as well add some pointers about ways to secure an account on an exchange site or trading platforms.
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
November 19, 2020, 07:35:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

Since there will be a lot of new investors coming into the crypto space in the coming weeks. I wanted to make sure I publish an article about how to properly secure your Bitcoin.

I would appreciate it if you shared this article with anyone you know who is getting into cryptocurrency for the first time. We don't want anyone to lose their funds, so security should continue to be the number one priority for educating new investors.

What Is A Crypto Wallet? How To Securely Store Bitcoin

Let me know if you have any questions or comments on the article!
Pages:
Jump to: