Pages:
Author

Topic: How to split bitcoins price? - page 2. (Read 1419 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
September 24, 2015, 06:13:32 AM
Eh, that wouldn't just happen in an asset with a very limited supply imo.

Sort of like what microsoft did

Basically your bitcoins will double with each split while the price is maintained at comfortable prices

You can't do what MIcrosoft did to their stocks in Bitcoin. Bitcoin isn't privately held by a company, so no such thing like this could be applied in bitcoin, ever.

To put it simple: Bitcoin is not a stock.
With a stock, there are certain rights, that you buy with the stock. As far as I know, people also don't always think in: How many stocks do I own(absolute numbers), but what is my share on the company(percentage). So, there might be the purpose of splitting the influence on a company by splitting stocks.
With Bitcoin there is just Bitcoin. The only purpose, I see for what you are proposing, is speculation. So, please go to the speculation section.(besides what you are proposing will never happen anyways)

Just this alone explains why it wouldn't happen ever.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 24, 2015, 05:59:22 AM
To put it simple: Bitcoin is not a stock.
With a stock, there are certain rights, that you buy with the stock. As far as I know, people also don't always think in: How many stocks do I own(absolute numbers), but what is my share on the company(percentage). So, there might be the purpose of splitting the influence on a company by splitting stocks.
With Bitcoin there is just Bitcoin. The only purpose, I see for what you are proposing, is speculation. So, please go to the speculation section.(besides what you are proposing will never happen anyways)
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
AwesomeDice.net
September 24, 2015, 05:48:28 AM
That's why they came up with mBTC, uBTC, and satoshi. The whole point is to have a limited amount of BTC in the end, namely 21 million. Randomly split them would confuse many new users, so not very desirable.
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
September 24, 2015, 05:41:03 AM
Sort of like what microsoft did

Basically your bitcoins will double with each split while the price is maintained at comfortable prices

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 24, 2015, 05:30:24 AM
What are you exactly talking about? Do you want people to calculate the price in smaller units such as mBTC or Satoshi? This would not make me want to buy more at all and might even complicate it more for some people. There are many ways in which Bitcoin can be divided.
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
September 24, 2015, 05:21:59 AM
Like in the stock market? Psychologically people are more likely to buy if the price is lesser (ex. a 3 to 1 split turns btc from $230 to $80), and there would be no affect in the current value.
Pages:
Jump to: