Pages:
Author

Topic: How To Spot A Bitcoin Scam - page 5. (Read 2084 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 10:17:30 PM
Read the the white paper

* Contains something like refer or invitation system, possibly scam
* Wouldn't work without the bitcoin part in the real life, possibly scam too
* Copy of other projects, scam
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
September 05, 2017, 08:05:28 PM
Any ideas on how to spot a bitcoin scam?

To spot a  bitcoin scam, take caution and  observe the underlisted
when you can not verify the website and  link attaching an individual to an organizarion
when the project whithepaper  is not clearly written in terms of the objectives.
when the  income to be earn quite outway the  job done you must always ensure you verify before getting involve in any form of investment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
September 05, 2017, 07:57:14 PM
I also do not really understand about it, usually there are some people attack the thread of a project and say a scam but at the end ico project was successful. this is really very confusing, now I'm very hard to believe to anyone who says anything about a scam
Activity: 308
Merit: 267
September 05, 2017, 07:53:42 PM
Actually you will know the traits of a scammer, usually they are:

•They are offering a task and they said they're going to pay you an high amount or you're going to invest and after a month you will get triple of what you've invested.
•Usually they will force you to invest and ofcourse they will gonna run away.

This is the thing I look and if it's present i now starting to:

1. Search on the internet about the site.
2. Find someone who tried it usually i searched here in the forum or find some reviews about the site here.

Don't spend your bitcoin without thinking and the internet internet is a very dangerous place you don't know who's behind the site and what are their purposes.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 07:51:07 PM
OP what kind if scam are u cautious of? If it's the simple sale of goods or servives, then use a trusted escrow ( transaction intermediary) and only release your funds when your receive what you pay for. There are tons of scams around, you can heads over to the goods and service section of the forum to get a feel. It also helps to hve a conversation with both the seller and buyers, just to find out what the experiences were like.
Activity: 173
Merit: 105
September 05, 2017, 07:38:21 PM
Search for reviews, don't invest large amounts unless you are sure. You can ask for bitcoin signed messages as well.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
September 05, 2017, 07:36:03 PM
It is a skill, you must learn how. There is no other way regardless of what anybody else posts. Do not listen to websites, do your own research and learn the skills. A magician 🎩 does not get scammed, they are skilled scammers in reality. Hope this helps.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
September 05, 2017, 07:24:31 PM
The basic rule that works everywhere, also in BTC of course, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Basically, any website/individual that promises you to double your earnings by giving him money is a scam.
There is no such thing as Bitcoin Doubler, or online Bitcoin miner, the list can go on and on.

You could also use ScamAdvisor, it can give a quite accurate result on most websites, even those scam Ponzis'.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 05, 2017, 06:41:49 PM
And on top of that ask yourself this - if a stranger in the street with a bag on their head walked up to you and offered to double your dollars in one month and all you had to do was hand them 1000 dollars in cash right now with no contact details and no idea who they were, would you hand it over and let them walk away?

99.9% of people would tell said stranger to get fucked, yet for some reason they're all too happy to do this online with their Bitcoin. Why?
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 06:37:11 PM
There is one extremely straightforward rule - if it looks too good to be true then it is.

This is literally the best piece of advice out there, not just specific to a Bitcoin scam but scams in general. Ask yourself what would they get out of giving you a crazy deal and why would they not just manipulate the deal for themselves? Why do they need you? etc.
Activity: 961
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
September 05, 2017, 06:36:44 PM
There is one extremely straightforward rule - if it looks too good to be true then it is.

On top of that always google site:bitcointalk.org 'subject' and see if anything comes up. If nothing at all comes then that's not an encouraging sign.

Risk free returns are impossible. If there was a legitimate interest paying Bitcoin option I can guarantee you every single Bitcoin on Earth would pile into it instantly as they're all sat doing nothing. There is literally not one on the entire planet.

Lending on well known exchanges has enough risk, let alone all these bullshit ponzis. Have you been offered a specific 'opportunity'?
i agree if its good to be true better stay away from it usually its ponzi or hype you can also check if the site is in badbitcoin.org
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 05, 2017, 06:20:59 PM

On top of that always google site:bitcointalk.org 'subject' and see if anything comes up. If nothing at all comes then that's not an encouraging sign.

Risk free returns are impossible. If there was a legitimate interest paying Bitcoin option I can guarantee you every single Bitcoin on Earth would pile into it instantly as they're all sat doing nothing. There is literally not one on the entire planet.

Lending on well known exchanges has enough risk, let alone all these bullshit ponzis. Have you been offered a specific 'opportunity'?
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 06:17:36 PM
Pages:
Jump to: