Pages:
Author

Topic: HOW TO SPOT SCAMMY ICOS? - page 3. (Read 398 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
May 25, 2018, 02:00:16 PM
There are many ways to spot red spots, i will give recent example of hashcard, who tried to push things and raise more and more funds and for that they announced that Binance has confirmed their listing which many believed and invested in hope gor gains but the experienced know that no established exchange confirms any ico coin and when people contacted binance they termed it as fraud and announced that this is not true, now hash card project is in disarray and the chances of refund for investors are very less.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 25, 2018, 01:54:48 PM

2. Anonymous project.

If you want to scam people, best way to do it is by hiding your identity. Therefore you should never trust a project that does not display it’s team members, company information nor physical address. No matter how good the project seems, there is a reason why they are hiding their identity.

This isnt always the case, I have always felt suspicious of ICOs when they link to the team members linkedin profile. Well, this may be legit in many cases as they want to build a positive trust by showing off the team. But, I also have seen people buying 20-25 old linkedin accounts through this forum.
It's hard to know cause at the moment there are a lot of scam ICOs use fake identity for dev team member or they use identity of other famous people to make up for their project Smiley).
It's really hard to detect which projectt is scam at the moment IMO Smiley.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
May 25, 2018, 01:47:14 PM
This isnt always the case, I have always felt suspicious of ICOs when they link to the team members linkedin profile. Well, this may be legit in many cases as they want to build a positive trust by showing off the team. But, I also have seen people buying 20-25 old linkedin accounts through this forum.

This is quite right. If the team members are seemingly there, that's no guarantee the project is legit. They could be fake personas. Just look at the website of the fake howeycoins ICO recently created by the Securities and Exchange Commission. The team seems to be listed (even though without Linkedin accounts or any other details), but of course the identities are fake.
Activity: 489
Merit: 16
www.cd3d.app
May 25, 2018, 11:29:14 AM
What you need to do is trust your instinct and always always invest only what can you afford to lose or else if you got carried away with your greed you'll end up getting scammed and no one here can help you.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 11:23:57 AM

2. Anonymous project.

If you want to scam people, best way to do it is by hiding your identity. Therefore you should never trust a project that does not display it’s team members, company information nor physical address. No matter how good the project seems, there is a reason why they are hiding their identity.

Actually, there was one project that showed even the personal address of its owner. Sadly, it was still a scam. It's best to check past projects of these devs and their communities to be sure.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
May 25, 2018, 11:17:13 AM
Sometimes, not anonymous team members ICO are also scams. And some anonymous ICO were not scams.
You can't really know if an ICO is a scam or not until at least 1 year.
Activity: 647
Merit: 274
May 25, 2018, 11:08:46 AM

2. Anonymous project.

Activity: 164
Merit: 3
Pages:
Jump to: