Pages:
Author

Topic: How to start writing an academic essay? - page 3. (Read 1006 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 1
October 19, 2018, 10:38:23 AM
First of all, you need to find a scientific topic that really interests you. Examine the scientific literature that has already been written on this topic, as well as all the basic terms and concepts. After that, you can calmly write your work or article.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
October 19, 2018, 06:02:22 AM
There is also another well-known trick for students and writers who just cannot start writing some kind of work. You know, that case when the most challenging thing is to begin a significant paperwork, and when you finally start it, everything goes like clockwork. This case is also known as "a fear of a clean sheet". The trick sounds as follows: just start your essay with the words "Well, in short...". And after that, the text goes itself easily, without vacuity and all this spam.

After that, write the flow of your thoughts and spontaneous ideas on the topic, without censorship and long work over each phrase. Such a kind of individual brainstorming. When the main points are formulated, you will need to work on structure and style, maybe remove some ideas and develop good ones.

The most important thing here is not to forget to return to "Well, in short..." and delete this part at the end Grin

Also, sometimes it is easier to start writing from the middle of the essay (main part and main ideas) and then return to the introduction and ending.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
October 19, 2018, 05:34:47 AM
What are the basic terms which I should know before start to write an academic essay? If you have experience, can you help me?

First, choose a topic. It must be relevant, original and sound smart. It's great if you don't have to choose a topic on your own, so as this is not the simplest thing at all.

Make an initial research to understand what is already said on this topic and which answers you should give in your essay to meet the expectations of readers. Use this expected answers as key points to prepare a structure of your essay. Don't start writing the main content until you have a structure.

Your work must look complete, so you need to cover all related subtopics and thoughts. At the same time, you should add some new points to your essay, show a new view on the problem. And try not to follow patterns and repeat other authors. As much as possible. However, it's possible to refer to known cases and quotes when it is on topic.

When you have a complete structure and short ideas (subtopics) what to write in each paragraph, start your essay. Just express your own thoughts on the topic. Follow the writing style that suits your situations, audience, and place of publication.

Double check everything in the end. Ask somebody for proofreading your essay if it's possible.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 19, 2018, 05:32:52 AM
Academic essays are professional type of essays therefore they require deep thoughts and careful preparations. Having said that, the most important points to keep in mind is having a plan before the actual writing. In the plan, arrange your thoughts, develop each thought and create a logical flow among them. I wish you the best
Activity: 28
October 19, 2018, 05:06:19 AM
It's necessary to choose the most suitable type of writing for you and find an interesting topics for your essay. Writing well is difficult. Personally I often make mistakes in writing so my marks are not so high as I wanted. That's why I started using a little help of cheap writing services to have someone proofread my essay and make sure that it doesn't have any glaring errors. People often don't tend to see their own mistakes and typographival errors so it's most certainly okay to use professional help sometimes.
Activity: 142
October 18, 2018, 08:53:10 AM
In the beginning, I'd recommend you do a good research, find out high-quality resources and then figure out the composition of it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
October 18, 2018, 08:06:58 AM
I think the most important thing is to understand the structure of the composition. And the terms already depend on your academic field.
Activity: 1
September 25, 2018, 08:19:12 AM
What are the basic terms which I should know before start to write an academic essay? If you have experience, can you help me?
Pages:
Jump to: