Pages:
Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 73. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
it is really easy to be honest, when i feel that i might get addicted to bitcoin i just go read a book that i like and i usually forget about it very fast, thats what you should do
Yeah you need to finds something to do that is going to keep you busy, I like playing video games if I do not want to think about gambling.
Playing video games is helping to forget about anything else and I am completely distracted.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Go for a holiday with your friends and family,play sports and keep yourself busy in other things.
Get addicted to something else,fall in love may be Tongue
i think it is not such a good and permanent way to stay away from gambling. i think you should start a profitable business where you can earn a decent amount of money.

There is a permanent way to stay away from gambling. Ask God to help you and for sure He is not going to let you down. And He is going to help you stay away from gambling for sure. And of course you are going to do it of course by helping yourself and motivating yourself.
You are still the one to choose to stay away and just always ask His guidance.
Too bad you can't recommend this if the guy is an atheist. It is not applicable in all people and that guy might just ignore you because he thinks you're way too delusional not facing the reality.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
It's easy to say but not easy to stay away.
and it all depends on yourself. I guess is better to find a solution or consulting with your family.

True, it is very easy to say something and it is very difficult to do. But it is not a problem, when they or I or we do it with full confidence and trust (but it should be through a mature calculation). the family is also one of the factors that can provide our success to get out of gambling
It was really depend of a person, some people saying that "stop gambling because it’s bad" some of us saying "it is depend if you don't have control”. Well, it’s really up to you; you are only the one who will actually help yourself in order to avoid gambling.

Yes it is going to depend to someone that is going how to help himself to stay away from gambling. But if his willing to stay away from it.
And if you really cant help yourself then you are just going to get some help.
From your friends or any psychological expert for helping yourself.
You are only the one knows who you are and what you really want to do in your life, so you should be the one who can really help yourself. And the psychiatrists are just there or in the rehabilitation center if you can't really control yourself out of the gambling sites or even physical gambling places. Your friends and relatives are just your guidance, but they really don't know what is on your mind.
Activity: 252
Go for a holiday with your friends and family,play sports and keep yourself busy in other things.
i think it is not such a good and permanent way to stay away from gambling. i think you should start a profitable business where you can earn a decent amount of money.
Activity: 140
Activity: 154
Best thing to do is to search for another hobby that is going to keep you busy but will cost less money then gambling.
If you are able to do that then I am sure that you are going to be able to quit with in not time.
I agree because that is going to help you get away from gambling and gets you to focus on other things, let some friends help you with this.
That way it becomes much easier then when you are doing ti alone.
How can you persuade a guy to do other thing if he's already addicted in it? Like you suddenly let him shift the things he usually do? It is hard and it should take a slow process like letting him decrease the time of gambling first then after that you can able to make him stop.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
Best thing to do is to search for another hobby that is going to keep you busy but will cost less money then gambling.
If you are able to do that then I am sure that you are going to be able to quit with in not time.
I agree because that is going to help you get away from gambling and gets you to focus on other things, let some friends help you with this.
yes I've read about the way to stay away from gambling, that it really should be of themselves, and most importantly, you should be able to control themselves. because it is the key to everything for you stay away from gambling.
Activity: 406
Activity: 756
But in reality all the other hobbies are very less cost consuming. Still, many people are going for only gambling hobby because of it's attractive nature. So, get into another hobby from gambling is not possible for most of the gambler, even they are wasting their hard earned money with gambling.
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

It depends on the nature of your addiction or the purpose of your gambling, if it is just because you are looking for something to do, then new hobbies would really help, But if the reason of your addiction or the purpose of your gambling is money, better find a job that would give you a fix salary, by that you don't have any reason to gamble anymore since you are already earning while doing something..
Activity: 420
Activity: 1162
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Just keep doing busy works so that youll forget about gambling and never ever touch your pc and never try to open gambling sites which a really hard thing to do if your already a gambling addict or as others suggestion just do a vacation to a place where there is no gambling.

One thing i want to add,  Busy yourself in other business from where you get some coins,because everyone gamble their money for coins. Use your coins in trading then you haven't  need to waste your time in gambling in taking risk to loose your money.

Yea I have noticed you can make alot trading, even ten holds. Way better than gambling, it has risks yes but if you patient and have faith you can make a lot and your loses will be covered so you will still be in good profits/ Smiley
copper member
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Just keep doing busy works so that youll forget about gambling and never ever touch your pc and never try to open gambling sites which a really hard thing to do if your already a gambling addict or as others suggestion just do a vacation to a place where there is no gambling.

One thing i want to add,  Busy yourself in other business from where you get some coins,because everyone gamble their money for coins. Use your coins in trading then you haven't  need to waste your time in gambling in taking risk to loose your money.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

For staying away from bitcoin, you will have to make a planning for your daily routine and have to think for the betterment of your family and have to do some hard work for earning their living.
Activity: 910

"Rehab" that is a very good point  , I also think that it is the best way for gamblers who get too attached from gambling and wanted to stop and change his/her life, well it is never too late

Yup! when there is life there would never be too late for a change, and the very best way to do it is by a rehabilitation just like in alcoholism drugs and all kinds of addiction rehabilitation is the way for a person to stop his addiction!

Yup but first of all the person should be dedicated into quiting from his addiction because if you force someone to do rehab it would be useless, So gamble should really take  big decision
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
yes even you are the luckiest person in that day the more you gamble the more chances of losing if you really wants to stay away you need some therapy mind therapy controlling your self with your possible addiction. we are not gonna accept the fact that we are already been addicted we just seeing it as a source of fun.

that's right, the main therapy to prevent those addicted in gambling and want sign out in the gambling. Mind therapy is a sure thing to be successful for those who want to get out in the gambling. For all the control is on the mind

I also agree with that, therapy is the most effective way to make addicted person to quit gambling. With also the help of a psychiatrist in a rehabilitation centre it will be done.
Activity: 952
That's actually what a sponsor is for. Whenever you get the urge you would call your sponsor and he would come over and talk you out of it. Sometimes at the beginning you need help from external sources.

Yes that's why you cannot do it alone to stay away from gambling. But if you really want to stay away from gambling my suggestion is that.

Focus on other thing so that you can put your attention on other things and you can focus it their.

Staying away is getting focus on a thing that is going to be helpful to you.
You have to focus on a thing that would give you more happiness than gambling, I am pretty sure gambling is not your passion because nobody had that kind before we knew how to gamble. We are just driven to gamble sometimes because of our frustration with the current status in life where we want to experience a comfortable life.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
That's actually what a sponsor is for. Whenever you get the urge you would call your sponsor and he would come over and talk you out of it. Sometimes at the beginning you need help from external sources.

Yes that's why you cannot do it alone to stay away from gambling. But if you really want to stay away from gambling my suggestion is that.

Focus on other thing so that you can put your attention on other things and you can focus it their.

Staying away is getting focus on a thing that is going to be helpful to you.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

Well if a gambler has a sponsor, and it only apply to professional ones what about the local gambler that doing gambling in their daily lives that doesn't have sponsor, a gambler like that is on his own if he gets addicted because of it the one that's he going to rely on is his family and friends on suggesting on what to do with his addiction.
Pages:
Jump to: