Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Stop New Trader from Panic Selling? - page 2. (Read 1352 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
September 20, 2017, 04:03:05 AM
You don't get to sell twice, when you sell and the market moves then moves against you.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
September 20, 2017, 03:58:41 AM
The amatuar or new traders should be allowed to lean they lesson in cryptocurrency trading through experience and sacrifice. Panic is the greatest enemy of every new traders and the only way to killed it completely is through experience. Many new traders that buy bitcoin at $4600 sell it at $3000! Time will come in they trading life that they will know that the principle of successful trading is buy at lowest price and sell at highest price and not the other way.
I think as well that this is a process people have to go through when they start trading.
People experience an unfortunate situation (bitcoin loses value, they lose money) and they want to get out of it.
The fastest way to stop losing money is to sell.
And with their lack of experience they don't see that after bitcoin has fallen, it has recovered every time.
With time they get used to the fact that the price does not always go up. They stay calmer.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
September 20, 2017, 03:57:06 AM
It is clearly seen in recent weeks that News channels, newspapers and social media create a big panic in crypto market. This is may because of New investors in crypto market who dont have connection with old traders of crypto. SO what is best way to connect them with cypto market epxperts so that they cannot be caught by Common media created FUD like recently every where news that BICOIN IS A BUBBLE.

As 0930AM said, we could not, they do it for their own interests, to fill up their immediate wants.

we could not

this is about the mentality and purpose of invest in Bitcoin

IF the new trader comes in the market as a short term opportunist, no matter how the mechanism be set up or the news spread out, it could not change anything

Buy and Sell is the nature of Trader

Therefore the key is attract new believer instead of trader

I agree with what you said, truelly they are new opportunist, they don't know how trading works, they sell at most times not with panic but for their own wants.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
September 20, 2017, 03:44:14 AM
The amatuar or new traders should be allowed to lean they lesson in cryptocurrency trading through experience and sacrifice. Panic is the greatest enemy of every new traders and the only way to killed it completely is through experience. Many new traders that buy bitcoin at $4600 sell it at $3000! Time will come in they trading life that they will know that the principle of successful trading is buy at lowest price and sell at highest price and not the other way.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
September 20, 2017, 03:35:23 AM
It is clearly seen in recent weeks that News channels, newspapers and social media create a big panic in crypto market. This is may because of New investors in crypto market who dont have connection with old traders of crypto. SO what is best way to connect them with cypto market epxperts so that they cannot be caught by Common media created FUD like recently every where news that BICOIN IS A BUBBLE.

There is a default code that when you entering into a new line of trade or business, there is need to understand the proper code of conduct as what is applicable in some other places, could be an abomination is another sphere.

This is clearly to new traders to always do their research well before going into bitcoin in which if they had done, there wont be need for the cry of panic trading at the end in the process of being smart, they are actually taking a less smart decision which makes more money for those already in the game but the  part that got me worried, is that only few stay long enough to understand the cost of their decision.

There is hardly nothing to be done since we cannot control the media, neither can we stop people from posting several FUDs but what we will do is to always encourage a proper understanding of how bitcoin works before delving into it.
Activity: 311
Merit: 109
Endless Horizons!
September 20, 2017, 03:30:00 AM
For brand new people I would suggest that they use something where they have nothing to lose like a bitcoin faucet.

The super old investors I think will continue to hold for similar reasons compared to newer people...they got in for pennies on the dollar.

It's the mid term/ risky/scared people we're worried about. I would say remind them of the benefits. Bitcoin is a closed finite resource that will only get more rare. Many of the people hating on it are at the same time buying into it so they want the price lower. The premise of bitcoin is in fact not to get rich. The list goes on.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
September 20, 2017, 03:24:59 AM
I think we really can't help newbies to panic its normal for them to do that especially when they think that they are already losing money. Panic selling when you're a newbie is part of the game that is why people love to create FUD to attract newbies and let them panic.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
September 20, 2017, 03:23:00 AM
No one can stop the trader from selling off his stash of coins. The only thing we can give them is advise. But if they are really stubborn and wish to panic and sell because they see that their investment is going down. Actually, during panic and dipping of price, is it much better to buy instead of selling.

we could not

IF the new trader comes in the market as a short term opportunist, no matter how the mechanism be set up or the news spread out, it could not change anything

I agree with you, new traders are usually looking at short term wins. Seeing a drop will make them scatter.
A small FUD created by anybody makes them feared of loosing money because there is nobody to tell them the big profit ahead so they act what they listen.

they are not strong believer
leave them alone

I don't like the notion of being a "believer" because it makes bitcoin sound like a cult Cheesy
in any case I actually find panic selling a good thing. because of two things, one is that when they panic sell and price comes down, it creates a good opportunity for the rest of us to pick up some cheaper coins and make a good profit and also I like it because it cleans the market from weak hands which is usually called "shaking them out". it makes them go away or learn from their mistakes. in both cases it will be good for the market.

Exactly. It creates a perfect opportunity to new investors to enter the market to buy cheap coins. That's why I said that its better to buy then sell during panic. And its a hard lesson for newbies who have sold and later the price recovered regretting their decision. And next time when another panic occurs, they wouldn't make the same mistakes.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
September 20, 2017, 03:11:33 AM
we could not

I agree with you, new traders are usually looking at short term wins. Seeing a drop will make them scatter.
A small FUD created by anybody makes them feared of loosing money because there is nobody to tell them the big profit ahead so they act what they listen.

leave them alone

I don't like the notion of being a "believer" because it makes bitcoin sound like a cult Cheesy
in any case I actually find panic selling a good thing. because of two things, one is that when they panic sell and price comes down, it creates a good opportunity for the rest of us to pick up some cheaper coins and make a good profit and also I like it because it cleans the market from weak hands which is usually called "shaking them out". it makes them go away or learn from their mistakes. in both cases it will be good for the market.
Activity: 51
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
September 20, 2017, 02:59:56 AM
we could not

leave them alone
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
September 15, 2017, 08:57:56 AM
all will end when the issue that destroys the bitcoin price is lost. because I think the person who made the issue is smiling while accommodating the bitcoin price at the low price. the panic will be over soon after the issue is gone, all we have to do is calm down and nothing else.

We can not control people from selling their bitcoin it is their own decision and belief and that is their bitcoin, but we can surely put a good fight with this by just posting only positive things that may happen to bitcoin because right now the price drops a very significant price a very huge price to be exact, Predicting this kind of drop was very crucial, but we can surely see it in the news right now.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
September 15, 2017, 08:45:31 AM
Honestly this time, most of the bitcoin user is packing cause of dumping of bitcoin price. China is one supplier of bitcoin and now bitcoin is banned in china, this will the reason why we are panicking, and for me to avoid that emotions we need to think. Think that the price now is high compare when it started. And I will advice that much better to earn a bitcoin to avoid losing some money/capital. Like others that wants to earn a bitcoin instead of buying bitcoin to avoid panicking for our money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 15, 2017, 08:34:46 AM
all will end when the issue that destroys the bitcoin price is lost. because I think the person who made the issue is smiling while accommodating the bitcoin price at the low price. the panic will be over soon after the issue is gone, all we have to do is calm down and nothing else.
Activity: 231
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
September 15, 2017, 07:59:33 AM
I guess there is no way of stopping news from spreading, and with that stopping a panic sale. Even people who know what bitcoin is and how it works would sell if they see they will lose from investment, and return if everything calm down after sometime. People who know what bitcoin is and how it works, they will know what to do, and which situation is which. They will understand what is going on, and from there they will decide what to do.
with time they will learn their loss and then they will not do that again in next panic
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
September 15, 2017, 07:54:26 AM
I guess there is no way of stopping news from spreading, and with that stopping a panic sale. Even people who know what bitcoin is and how it works would sell if they see they will lose from investment, and return if everything calm down after sometime. People who know what bitcoin is and how it works, they will know what to do, and which situation is which. They will understand what is going on, and from there they will decide what to do.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 444
September 15, 2017, 07:50:36 AM
If he was an old trader he would understand crypto games but if a new trader just did from the information he got on some web. And when want to make traders stop panic sell is to convince them that crypto is high potential (if they are new traders) Make sure they do not always believe in an uncertain news
Activity: 231
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
September 15, 2017, 07:25:40 AM
Some people can't digest the fact that bitcoin's price might decrease any time, any day. So to avoid such a situation people just sell their bitcoin whenever price rises as they think "Something is better than nothing", so they get some profits which would help them only for a short run. They do not believe that if they don't sell it and wait for some more time the profit ratio will be higher along with higher risk involved.  

I personally think it's better to hold on to crypto currency and reap its benefits than to sell early and make little $$$.
yes because they dont know much about crypto at earlier stage.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
September 14, 2017, 11:48:10 PM
why would you want to do that? there are always going to be newbies who will have weak hands and because they want to believe what they read on shit-posting websites and will never believe anything else.
besides nobody in this market wants them gone. do you know how much money people made in the past few days that those newbies were panic selling at a loss? not to mention the hungry whales that will buy at the bottom and become bigger.

just take their coins and let "them" buy back at a higher price later. it is not like we are going to have more bitcoin than it was planned! the cap is fixed

Casascius coins have been a great way to store BTC and disincentivize it's spending.
what are these coin?

physical bitcoins

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Casascius_physical_bitcoins
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
September 14, 2017, 11:26:35 PM
For new traders,what they need to do is to educate theirselves first, it seems that most new traders don't have any clue on what thry got themselves into, it is not like a walk in the park, this is investment, the higher the risk, the higher the volatility, the higher the reward and it comes with a double edge sword, it can also give you a great loss of income, they should realize by now that it is not easy investing, you need to be technical sometimes and not just go with the flow of things, like, when then value is going down, you sell due to panic, when the value is going high, you start to buy, that's just craziness, if they have done their studies, by reading more about investments, speculations and not just listen to personalities, whom they think are all knowing, they will also realize that their ignorance is very expensive. This temporary downfall has a positve side, we will see that bitcoin will still recover from this, and especially, for us, who have trusted bitcoin, we know that bitcoin will rise to the occassion and again give us additional hope, and funny thing that i've read on the threas which is true, times like this, we would see a clean up of investors, but not newbies, but we will see those who have weak hands, those people that sell out of panic, and the real investors, those people that knows the flow of the market and what to do on times like this, that usually takes years of experience and a lot of books that have been read, which is sad to say, new investors today are lacking.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
September 14, 2017, 11:25:37 PM

We are in an open market...freely they come freely they go. When the whole market is in panic there is nothing we can do to stop it and just ride it out or wait when things would cool off and the potency of those news would subside. Reaching out to those in panic will not do anything to stop the carnage...the more they will panic when they are requested not to. This is all about that fear of losing everything. Will the future of Bitcoin still rosy after this gloomy incident happening right now?
Pages:
Jump to: