Pages:
Author

Topic: How to use bitcoins to keep them safe? - page 2. (Read 931 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
April 19, 2017, 11:17:31 AM
Hi,
I ve read that some e-wallets restrict your account and ask for ID docs to unblock access to your funds  (coinbase).

So, some people  say that they don't leave their btc in wallets for long time, as soon they get BTC funds they exchange for FIATS and this is more secure.
I do not know much about fiats and all.

Can you  point to a good tutorial or guide on how to do that? or share some lights to  use BTC to keep they safe or a good site to exchange them for USD , like using  Paypal as conversor?

Or any secure e-wallet  that dont's ask for ID proof?

Thank you

There are a lot of wallet that do not id verification to use some of them are electrum very safe,jaxxwallet a new wallet and coin.space also a secured wallet if you need tutorials on how to do things about keeping your bitcoin safe,don't worry youtube and google has all the facts .
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
April 19, 2017, 11:11:39 AM
People normally withdraw from exchanges and not swap them for fiat in order to keep their coins safe. Maybe this is what you meant.

Keeping your coins safe involves having your coins in a private key you control. There are many ways to achieve that, from simply having your coins in a client such as Bitcoin Core or a wallet app on your phone, to having a cold storage.

Good websites for exchanging will depend on the currency you want to exchange Bitcoins to.

As for web wallets, Blockchain doesn't require your ID.
So, BTC --> USD ---> Withdraw.
But I ve read than some people use BTC to buy fiats, that way they don't  keep BTC in their wallets but still have fiats which can trade later.
Thank you for your answer.
I want to exchange BTC to USD. What website do you recommend?

There are different exchange sites. you can try poloniex, bittrex or c-cex. this are the sites where I usually do exchange because I excess bitcoin that I have, I used them to trade other altcoins and later on will sell them if their prices increases. By doing that, I gained more bitcoins.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
April 19, 2017, 11:06:02 AM
People normally withdraw from exchanges and not swap them for fiat in order to keep their coins safe. Maybe this is what you meant.

Keeping your coins safe involves having your coins in a private key you control. There are many ways to achieve that, from simply having your coins in a client such as Bitcoin Core or a wallet app on your phone, to having a cold storage.

Good websites for exchanging will depend on the currency you want to exchange Bitcoins to.

So, BTC --> USD ---> Withdraw.
But I ve read than some people use BTC to buy fiats, that way they don't  keep BTC in their wallets but still have fiats which can trade later.
Thank you for your answer.
I want to exchange BTC to USD. What website do you recommend?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
April 19, 2017, 10:58:29 AM

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
April 19, 2017, 10:55:01 AM
Hi,
I ve read that some e-wallets restrict your account and ask for ID docs to unblock access to your funds  (coinbase).

So, some people  say that they don't leave their btc in wallets for long time, as soon they get BTC funds they exchange for FIATS and this is more secure.
I do not know much about fiats and all.

Can you  point to a good tutorial or guide on how to do that? or share some lights to  use BTC to keep they safe or a good site to exchange them for USD , like using  Paypal as conversor?

Or any secure e-wallet  that dont's ask for ID proof?

Thank you

Pages:
Jump to: