Pages:
Author

Topic: How to verify that a BTC wallet address is legit and valid - page 2. (Read 282 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 106
An year ago I created BTC wallet address on GreenAddress Bitcoin Wallet. I have 36 characters long wallet address with a passphrase.
Is there a way I can verify that its a legitimate and valid BTC wallet address.
If you created a Bitcoin address in greenaddress wallet of course that is a valid address, but the easiest way to check if a Bitcoin address is a valid one is to check it on blockchain.info, just copy the address and paste it on the search bar of the site, if the address is valid you will see the previous transaction, if not valid it won't show anything or error will be displayed. Another option is use the passphrases/private key and import it to other wallet that supports importing passphrase/private key, if you will have the access to it then that is a valid Bitcoin address, if you can't import it, it means that the passphrase is not legit.
Activity: 233
Merit: 106
The Operating System for DAOs
Pretty sure that any bitcoin address is a legitimate address...as far as I know there can't be fake addresses on the blockchain that doesn't make any sense. I could be wrong but this is my understanding right now.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Hi,

An year ago I created BTC wallet address on GreenAddress Bitcoin Wallet. I have 36 characters long wallet address with a passphrase.

Is there a way I can verify that its a legitimate and valid BTC wallet address.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Rizwan
Pages:
Jump to: