Pages:
Author

Topic: How to watch confirmations on set of transactions? - page 2. (Read 4919 times)

legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
I just want to know when a few transactions I will make have hit 4 confirmations/
So you basically want to send a tx, from you wallet, and then get some alatm clock tiggered, when it reaches 4 confiscation.
How much secured you need to have ii?
If not, I belvbe any block explorer would ro.

Thanks what's the easiest or fastest way to build my own block explorer.. or can bitcoinj do what is required if it knows the transactions to watch.. or does it require keys of some sort?
So what are you going to do, after the alarm clock triggers the 4th confirmation?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
HI there, I am interested in building a web page that watches a set of transactions and their number of confirmations as they rise. As a novice developer, what's the best and/or easiest way to do this? I checked http://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_api and confirmed transactions doesn't appear part of their api for Single transaction. How could I get the necessary data  realtime?

cheers.

[block_height acquired via http://blockchain.info/latestblock] minus [block_height of ur transaction] plus 1
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I just want to know when a few transactions I will make have hit 4 confirmations/
So you basically want to send a tx, from you wallet, and then get some alatm clock tiggered, when it reaches 4 confiscation.

Thanks what's the easiest or fastest way to build my own block explorer.. or can bitcoinj do what is required if it knows the transactions to watch.. or does it require keys of some sort?
legendary
aka tonikt
I just wonder, why do you even need it?
Watching a set of transactions and their number of confirmations as they rise - seems pretty crazy for me Wink

Thanks for responses.

I just want to know when a few transactions I will make have hit 4 confirmations. Can I do that with bitcoinj on transactions where I don't hold any keys... totally independent of me? Or rather, I don't want to link the web app in any way to my wallet, so I make the transaction, and then close my wallet app... but tell the confirmation app the transaction address(es) to track for subsequent confirmations.

I skimmed the documentation.. but not sure if I can do that with bitcoinj.
legendary
aka tonikt
I mean, I dont want to be mean, but if you explain you application maybe we could explain you better.
legendary
aka tonikt
I just wonder, why do you even need it?
Watching a set of transactions and their number of confirmations as they rise - seems pretty crazy for me Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
You can do this with bitcoinj if you are OK with Java.
HI there, I am interested in building a web page that watches a set of transactions and their number of confirmations as they rise. As a novice developer, what's the best and/or easiest way to do this? I checked http://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_api and confirmed transactions doesn't appear part of their api for Single transaction. How could I get the necessary data  realtime?

cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: