Pages:
Author

Topic: How to write your own first book - experiences and opinions? - page 3. (Read 655 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
I try to read more to find new ideas for my writings. It works for me. Also I think it's ok to use some help of writing services. I can suggest  reliable serice to write my college essay for me and save my time. They always help me with my writings. These guys helped me with grammar and plagiarism check. Luckily they have affordable prices and I use their help from time to time.
copper member
Activity: 155
Merit: 8
Self-discipline. You will almost never "feel" like writing, so you'll have to force yourself to do it. Do not drink while you write unless you always drink while you write, and always edit sober. Spend time rewriting until each paragraph knits together like the gears of a Swiss clock. Do not share your work with anyone until it is complete. Remember that your book is better than any critique one could make of it, and read better authors than yourself in your free time.
Activity: 39
I didn't write a book, but i wrote tethis  Cheesy The only way to concentrate for me was strictly working for at least 12 minutes a day. The most difficult thing is to start.
Activity: 69
Merit: 5
I admire every author who just sits down, maybe drinks a glass of wine and writes. But for me, without planning, only nonsense comes out.

I'd be interested in your experiences. Have any of you written a book? What strategies worked for you to successfully write and publish your book?

I think that's more of a cliché. With Hemingway you probably think more of a glass of whiskey:)

There are two types of writers. Some write straight out without much planning, the second group needs an exact plan, has to prepare consistently and researches a lot in advance. You have to see which group you belong to. If you already have experience, you stick to it. But first you have to find out which type you belong to. It's relatively rare that you sit down and write your first book and then want to publish it right away. It also takes a lot of practice.
Of course, it can be a dream and will probably also become a goal one day, but putting pressure on yourself right away can also inhibit you.
You have to be aware that it takes a lot of practice. You never stop learning and must continue to develop. You need to know whether you are already at the point of publishing your own book. What experiences have you already made? Have you already written stories or is it really your first novel? What topic should it be about?
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Professionally, the last few months were very exhausting for me.  But now I am finally on vacation. I have long dreamed of writing my first own book and have now decided to start. Of course, I already have an idea. But just writing away didn't work out well for me. I admire every author who just sits down, maybe drinks a glass of wine and writes. But for me, without planning, only nonsense comes out.

I'd be interested in your experiences. Have any of you written a book? What strategies worked for you to successfully write and publish your book?

Better to be moved to write before writing... By "to be moved" i means it has to pour into your heart to the extent of having a strong/uncontrollable desire to write it down at that particular moment. I was actually moved to write my books and they are faultless because it comes from the ONE moving me.
Focus on what you understand really well that it feels like it comes out of you naturally without you thinking too much about it... that also should help convince your readers that you know what you are writing about.

I used unconventional means to publish mine to reduce time and cost as I intended to give the books for free to those who can't afford them for money.

Activity: 42
Do you want to write it to yourself or do you want to publish it later? Because this makes a great difference. Anyway, i wish you a lot of luck with your dream!
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Professionally, the last few months were very exhausting for me.  But now I am finally on vacation. I have long dreamed of writing my first own book and have now decided to start. Of course, I already have an idea. But just writing away didn't work out well for me. I admire every author who just sits down, maybe drinks a glass of wine and writes. But for me, without planning, only nonsense comes out.

Pages:
Jump to: