Pages:
Author

Topic: How will China's decision affect the market in your opinion? - page 3. (Read 1026 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
The legality of competitively proof-of-work mined coins are not at all afflicted by recent events.

So prior rulings about the legality of Bitcoin are irrelevant to the issue about ICOs.

The difference compared to prior Chinese regulatory actions, is that this appears to have been a coordinated event amongst regulators in many nations.

And the ETH ICO madness was entirely out-of-control and risking naive investors’ funds in a plethora of scams. It became a new Xerox copy ICO every day scam. The nations had no choice but to act. And surely the SEC and other nations will follow. I think Asia acted first because their governments are less democratic and more authoritarian, so they can act quicker. The democratic nations will follow because their regulators have the same responsibility to their citizens. The wheels just move slower in the democratic nations. Asia is finely oil machine that is more efficient than the West now.

The issue is not exclusive to China. China, Canada, Russia, South Korea, and Singapore have warned about coming enforcement action. The SEC already recently warned in the context of The DAO. Obviously the recent events are coordinated between regulators in all these nations including probably the SEC.

Click here for a longer explanation of why proof-of-work mined tokens are not investment securities and thus not afflicted by recent events.

The above link also discusses Ethereum’s ETH, Ethereum ICOs, and others.

It is also very important to note that pre-existing ICO-issued tokens, are illegal to trade and can be delisted from exchanges. Your home country can make it illegal for you to trade them. The above link explains this is more detail.

Please stop spreading the incorrect information, implying that ICOs will come back or that pre-existing ICOs can still be traded. Most people do not want to go to jail or suffer fines. Even if they regulate ICOs, these will only be tradeable on registered exchanges and will not be spendable as cryptocurrencies (i.e. not allowed to be traded decentralized). Thus these new regulated ICOs will not be very useful. It will not be the same.

Many shady exchanges and their largest traders are likely to suffer fines and threats of criminal prosecutions. Today is only the beginning of a massive global crackdown. The gears may move somewhat slowly but over the coming year there will be massive changes to the crypto ecosystem. All the hard-headed will have their fingertips burned up to their armpits as necessary for authorities to stop the rapid proliferation of investment securities scams.

only china goverment banned about ico can't killer ico project, about USA with SEC is very long time not support ico project
i think ico project still can run, without china people
but crypto curency is anonymous, so all china people still can invest in ico project

There will be no greater fools to sell the ICOs to, when they are not legal.

The ICO scam model depends on selling to newbies who come in and believe these 100s of Xerox copy ICOs each have a chance to become the next Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Nobody is going to speculate on illegal ICOs, because there will be no mass market for them, thus no way to hype them.

And it is not just USA and China that are banning ICOs. Same as was the case for FATCA (a USA only law), it became enforced in every country in the world, because the USA threatened to penalize every nation that did not comply.

We’ve already got Canada, Russia, China, Singapore, South Korea, and the USA warning about ICOs.

You’d have to be blind to argue this is not a critical mass.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Bitcoin price is up again on 4300$ an it keeps grow up again. Also the ethereum price is now 311$ from 298$ that was a couple of hours ago. China banned only ICOs, it didnt banned cryptocurrencys because that is going to be very hard and they dont have a reason to do that
yes i am agree with you stable coin never die in future but why did the ban from ico in china what's the reason actually. and how effect will be impose of its on all coin. this blog was china language that's why i can't understand.
thanks
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Bitcoin price is up again on 4300$ an it keeps grow up again. Also the ethereum price is now 311$ from 298$ that was a couple of hours ago. China banned only ICOs, it didnt banned cryptocurrencys because that is going to be very hard and they dont have a reason to do that

Now the Bitcoin prices have climbed back to $4,400+ levels. I hope that now the $5,000 mark will be achieved within a few days or weeks. But I am still surprised at the impact which the ICO ban had on the Bitcoin prices. I never expected the BTC exchange rates to go down, as the ICOs don't have anything to do with the Bitcoins.
Activity: 347
Merit: 109
Europe will likely see regulation.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
Not much. It only affects Chinese ICO. People in China can still invest in those made in other countries. Hopefully it would make the crypto environment healthier. At least with less new coins coming out, maybe the prices for existing ones can increase. For the US and Europe, I hope they just come up with regulations rather than outright banning ICOs like China did.
Activity: 336
I guess this ban wouldn't last that long. Now that bitcoin is currently standing above all and it has it's potential to help a country's economy somehow. I think china is just sorting out those legit ICO's that would probably help them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 107
I can predict that many Chinese will start exchanging bitcoins to cash and stop to invest.
But in one day nothing changed, everything still remains the same.
Hope there'll be no big changes for other countries!
Totally agree with you. Plus the rest of the country can also impose restrictions. Plus that fraud will be less, minus what startups can in principle disappear. And as a consequence with the courses as bitcount, and so Ethereum.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
SPIN ICO starts November 7, 2017
Actually, this is one of the typical cases when a short news leads to the high BTC volatility. Nothing will change - China just bans ICOs for Chinese companies and everybody can still mine and invest their cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
People in China can still invest in existing crypto like Bitcoin and foreign ICOs, which hopefully they will more now that they can't invest in local ICOs.
Activity: 210
Activity: 462
Merit: 254
Nothing will happen. Bitcoin is not forbidden in China as I understood. And look at the price of Bitcoin. Its up again.
Activity: 161
I can predict that many Chinese will start exchanging bitcoins to cash and stop to invest.
But in one day nothing changed, everything still remains the same.
Hope there'll be no big changes for other countries!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
since the "China's decision" were to eliminate all the scams from the market you can be sure that the effects of it will be great on the market. because it is the first step of many towards having a much healthier altcoin market instead of hundreds after hundreds of scams which call themselves ICO and prey on the gullible.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hey,
I read this article in a blog that i follow on china ICO ban https://fxpmarkets.blog/2017/09/05/central-bank-of-china-all-virtual-currency-offerings-must-be-stopped-immediately/
How do you think it will affect the market in the long term ?
Pages:
Jump to: