Pages:
Author

Topic: How will Spot ETPs effect the economics of Bitcoin and existing Bitcoin markets? - page 2. (Read 166 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
About the second question. Trading the ETF directly will not have effect on bitcoin price,
the foolish game of asking "what will happen to price if"..
.. is that if everyone asks it and comes to same assumption. they then pre-plan their trades to get ahead of the "what will" thus then affecting the "what will" to then become the opposite

using historic events pattern of similar hype to estimate future pattern, is only as good as the limited users that recognise/plan for the pattern
if everyone knows it.. it wont occur because everyone is trading against it

EG
if everyone expects the price to get to say $70k this week
what actually happens with this expectation is. less people actually buy now and instead start getting into a selling position from $50k plus, meaning that less buyers and more sellers means it then never gets to $70k

this is why if bitcoins max premium for ATH estimate for 2024 is $140k. many influencers shout $300k-$500k to keep buyers interested in buying upto $140k so that influencers can sell upto $140k
otherwise if everyone shouted $140k max. people slowdown buying at $100k+ and it never reaches $140k
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
I do not know how possible it would be for those companies not do manipulation that you are talking about. I mean in a way they will provide more ETF shares to their customers than the real bitcoin that they bought. But I think the amount of bitcoin they hold to provide bitcoin ETF shares will be transparent for people to see, but I do not know how people will verify the total amount of shares they created from it to be 1:1.

About the second question. Trading the ETF directly will not have effect on bitcoin price, what will have effect on bitcoin price is if more people are buying the ETF shares and then the company that are providing it are buying more bitcoin when there are needs for it as more people are demanding for the ETF. As the company are buying and holding more bitcoin, it will make bitcoin scarce and the demand also will make the price of bitcoin to increase.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
Will demand for Bitcoin Spot ETFs/ETPs reflect on Bitcoin's value in the cryptocurrency market?

How can we prove that Bitcoin purchased through a Spot ETF, thus resulting in the creation of a "trust unit", reflects the purchase of real Bitcoin?

I have done some reading that tells us that none of the applicants have done any work to come up with a transparent way to prove the underlying Bitcoin is being bought. If that is true, logic says "how can we trust ETFs and the institutions behind them to reflect demand for ETFs in the real Bitcoin market?"

Or in short...How will ETFs effect the economics of Bitcoin and existing Bitcoin market liquidity? (edit - changed markets to market liquidity as it seems people misunderstood "markets" for "price")

Or are we expected to blindly trust applicants to buy the Bitcoin that is bought on the ETF?
Pages:
Jump to: