Pages:
Author

Topic: How will the Block halving impact the bitcoin price? - page 4. (Read 2667 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
There are many answers to this question and I am looking forward to see everyone's opinion.

coins will be harder to get. combine this with more adoption (more people will need it) and you'll get a price raise. no adoption increase and it will be suck for everyone.
By harder you mean it will require double the computing power to produce the same amount of coins.

yes. because the halving halves the block reward from 25BTC to 12.5BTC. ofc the difficulty can affect that also.

The difficulty will be much higher than before,i think ever 2 weeks the difficulty raises and with the halving it will be much more harder to mine.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
There are many answers to this question and I am looking forward to see everyone's opinion.

coins will be harder to get. combine this with more adoption (more people will need it) and you'll get a price raise. no adoption increase and it will be suck for everyone.
By harder you mean it will require double the computing power to produce the same amount of coins.

yes. because the halving halves the block reward from 25BTC to 12.5BTC. ofc the difficulty can affect that also.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250

copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.

personally I think the price will raise to $500~$600 after the halving.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Hard to answer.It could already be priced in.
But maybe it's not and a 2x increase or so could be possible.
I myself don't give it that much of attention and will stick to my strategy.
So it doesn't really bother me.
Activity: 33
Merit: 3
Some say there won't be any difference because the halving effect has begun already but I don't think so. I see 2 scenarios:

- Loads of media attention and a big rally

or

- Not much media attention, not much difference in the price, people getting disappointed and selling their coins leading to a crash
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: