Pages:
Author

Topic: how you will tell if the Campaign is scam ? - page 2. (Read 289 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
The best indicator that I use to determine if a campaign is scam is if the team has not shown themselves in public. I'm not talking about the LinkedIn profiles, but rather event pictures with the team and interviews done.

I'm always looking for videos or pictures that showcase the the team in events or even interviews.

There are some ICOs that have anonymous teams, and I don't join them since they have higher chances of scamming.

It may be a bit late to join a campaign after seeing the team in action but at least the campaigns I have joined in using this method have been successful.
Activity: 2
Merit: 15
I think it will be so bad ^((
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I think this is a brilliant summary of what's relevant when looking at new projects, thanks so much for sharing! I agree with every point you raised. One more thing I would probably add is the importance of a professional team and the transparency with which team members and investors present themselves. Best for me if I can see they have experience in the industry.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1596
hmph..
sometimes there are projects that seem real, do updates on social media and even telegram very well.
but in the end they ran away with the money they earned.

I personally, do almost everything with the points you mentioned,
here i just want to give an extra point

1. Track all the mentioned teams by searching photos, social media and search by name.
2. Checking street view addresses to make sure they include the correct address. (optional)
3. Check their background experience
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"
I always use

Fourth Duration Website quality

If the site is poorly made, many bugs in the interface, poor graphics, then either it is made for illusion, or team has not normal programmers. Both options, of course, are not a good sign.

This is very helpful i also always check the quality of their website before entering their Bounty Campaign.
I also do this. If I am not really attracted to the thread of the bounty I hit the back button and look for other bounties that attract me most.

Thanks for this information though. I will look better so I won't bump into scam bounties and my efforts won't be useless but be properly paid instead.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Silence
Unfortunately this is not the first post with the same content and that is why some post called spam, back to the time that I was new here the first lesson I learn is that it is important to search first for the post that you want to create because it might have too many topics with the same content.
Activity: 680
Merit: 173
Giggity
I always use

If the site is poorly made, many bugs in the interface, poor graphics, then either it is made for illusion, or team has not normal programmers. Both options, of course, are not a good sign.

This is very helpful i also always check the quality of their website before entering their Bounty Campaign.
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
I always notice some members in this forum always asking on how you will tell if the Campaign is a scam so i wrote some things you need to check before entering some campaign

First the idea of the project

If the project is called upon to solve some real problem and has no analogues yet, then it is worth attention.
If the problem is "imaginable", then boldly pass by.

Second Duration of the bounty campaign.

The longer the bounty lasts - the greater the chances that, at the end of it, you will lose a lot of time without receiving any profit, which could be insulting after 2-3 months of work. Also a bad sign when the end of campaign is constantly postpones.

Third Duration Soft-cap

Why is this factor so important? If the project does not collect this soft-cap, which is nothing less than the minimum required amount for the implementation to the project - you will get hole from donuts . You can track of the official web-site how many company has already collected.

Happy Hunt.
Pages:
Jump to: