Pages:
Author

Topic: [HOWTO] flash your jalapeno to 8+ ghs - page 9. (Read 85142 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 12:13:19 PM
I'm planning to flash my jalapeno , only thing I want to ask will I have any trouble running it with bfgminer or Bitminter clients after the flash because I am having trouble running my jally on CGminer now ?? In other words will doing the flash force me to use CGminer only   ?...Thanks

No, nothing should change.  But I am curious as to why/how you are having problems running one with one client and not the other.  The only thing that would be a difference is making sure you have the correct driver.  I used to use my jally on Windows and ran it with bfgminer just fine.  I run it now connected to a BAMT rig running cgminer, and again, no problems. On Windows however, if you want to use your Jally with cgminer you will  need to change over the drivers to winUSB using zadig.
I have been trying to get it to run in CGminer ,I've tried zadig and it detects 0 devices , I have no problem with BFGminer and Bitminter ..  The poster above has got me worried about using ck's firmware because he says it doesn't work with  bitminter client anymore which I like , would it be safer for me to just use the Bitforce original 1.2.5 ?  Thanks for any input........im getting 5.8 without errors running out of the case with fan blowing down now............
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 11:48:01 AM
Flashing Jallys in South Florida. .4BTC
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
August 21, 2013, 11:31:02 AM
I'm planning to flash my jalapeno , only thing I want to ask will I have any trouble running it with bfgminer or Bitminter clients after the flash because I am having trouble running my jally on CGminer now ?? In other words will doing the flash force me to use CGminer only   ?...Thanks

I flashed mine using ck's modified firmware and it doesn't work with the Bitminter client. It still works with BFGMiner but doesn't seem to run as fast as it does with CGMiner. You know you can use CGMiner on Bitminter though, right?

BTW, thanks CK for the work. My Jally went from 5.6 to 7.9. I was a bit concerned doing it because I have the aluminum heatsink but I reversed the heatsink and bottom plate like I saw in either this post or another one when I did it and it worked flawlessly.

If anyone wants to buy an AVRDragon for Bitcoin, message me with your best offer.
Activity: 657
Merit: 250
August 21, 2013, 11:26:41 AM

It should work just as before, but beware that it might produce scary device init errors for a while after powering up with the new firmware. I don't remember 1.0.0 doing that, but 1.2.5 only produces init errors for about 20 seconds if it's plugged in right after powering up. I was shocked at first and thought my device was bricked. I guess the new firmware is doing some tests after powering up, so it can't start hashing right away.
Activity: 280
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
August 21, 2013, 11:26:02 AM
I'm planning to flash my jalapeno , only thing I want to ask will I have any trouble running it with bfgminer or Bitminter clients after the flash because I am having trouble running my jally on CGminer now ?? In other words will doing the flash force me to use CGminer only   ?...Thanks

No, nothing should change.  But I am curious as to why/how you are having problems running one with one client and not the other.  The only thing that would be a difference is making sure you have the correct driver.  I used to use my jally on Windows and ran it with bfgminer just fine.  I run it now connected to a BAMT rig running cgminer, and again, no problems. On Windows however, if you want to use your Jally with cgminer you will  need to change over the drivers to winUSB using zadig.
Activity: 21
August 21, 2013, 11:06:06 AM
I'm planning to flash my jalapeno , only thing I want to ask will I have any trouble running it with bfgminer or Bitminter clients after the flash because I am having trouble running my jally on CGminer now ?? In other words will doing the flash force me to use CGminer only   ?...Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
August 21, 2013, 05:52:54 AM
If I am not wrong, ckolivas version of firmware will force all engines to be running.
Flash it back to 1.2.5 or 1.2.6 (some settings need to be changed) and it should be fine.
ck's versions checks if atleast 1 valid nonce is returned, if 0 valid nonces are returned it will be disabled.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
August 21, 2013, 04:38:35 AM
Ck does test but is more aggressive
donator
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 04:31:42 AM
If I am not wrong, ckolivas version of firmware will force all engines to be running.
Flash it back to 1.2.5 or 1.2.6 (some settings need to be changed) and it should be fine.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
August 20, 2013, 11:05:48 PM
Try turning off for a bit. Engines are tested every restart.

Today i have flash my 2 jalapeno's with ckolivas 1.2.5 firmware. But one jally have a high hw error rate. 13.71%
Can i fix this?
Activity: 18
August 20, 2013, 11:04:15 PM
Today i have flash my 2 jalapeno's with ckolivas 1.2.5 firmware. But one jally have a high hw error rate. 13.71%
Can i fix this?
Activity: 54
August 15, 2013, 05:32:30 AM
looking for someone ready to flash 2 jally in London... please PM if possible thanks
Activity: 280
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
August 01, 2013, 11:51:24 AM
still lookin for someone to provide Jalapeno flashing services in the Greater Toronto Area...

Shipping to Ohio isnt all that bad, for a nominal fee I would do it Smiley
Activity: 568
July 31, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
BFL's 1.2.5 on my 7GH/s SC gave me huge HW and stales, ckolivas' 1.2.5 gives me 3 hours avg--8,276.56 Mh/s   --20812 shares, but 1% stales and 1% HW, temp around 40C.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
July 31, 2013, 05:11:22 PM
So would this work for a Little Single?
They should all have the latest firmware (I think it's now 1.2.6 - that's what's in my latest Single) but even 1.2.5 is gonna make them go close to max expected anyway (which they will certainly have if they don't have 1.2.6)
So the only thing you could do it force it higher again - but I'd imagine you'd have problems with heat and ... destroying chips and components ... unless you were very conscious of dealing with the excess heat everywhere
As I've said before ... somewhere ... I can see people killing their non-Jalapenos ...
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2013, 05:00:24 PM
So would this work for a Little Single?
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
July 31, 2013, 02:52:28 PM
Damn good job, thank you very much =)
Activity: 6
July 31, 2013, 07:46:27 AM
Where did you get that cable from or did you make that?

Made it.  Those clips are called micro plunger clips.  They are sized to fit between the pins of a 0.1" header.  Cost is under $1 each in small quantities.  You can find them at about any electronics supply house.  For the other end of the cable, I cut the end off of an old jtag cable that I had lying around.
Activity: 602
Your *what* is itchy?
July 31, 2013, 06:32:22 AM
still lookin for someone to provide Jalapeno flashing services in the Greater Toronto Area...
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
July 30, 2013, 04:47:24 PM
Where did you get that cable from or did you make that? I might have missed that somewhere here. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: