Pages:
Author

Topic: HTC Launches Blockchain Phone With Full Bitcoin Node - page 2. (Read 204 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
This has been discussed a few months back when they first announced the phone, my opinion remains the same, a waste of money:

If running a full node for the purpose of helping the network, then I'm a little bit skeptical. A full node should preferably be up 24/7 and for a phone, It should be resource consuming to do so when it comes to the battery and also storage as years go by.

And If by that, it's just so the user is in full control of his transactions unlike with SPV wallets or closed source/centralized ones then, to be honest, I doubt that anyone cares that much. Not to buy another phone anyway.

I would rather go with something like Bitseed. It's a little bit more expensive, but it does the job perfectly and it's up 24/7 and it also lasts for years to come (1 TBB storage).

For anyone interested in helping the network or developing something that requires a full node, here is a list of hardware nodes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ap2nep/list_of_plugnplay_full_nodes_bitcoin_lightning_on/

And as for using the phone as a hardware wallet, then there are cheaper options out there (Ledger nano S, Trezor).
Activity: 910
Merit: 351
A full bitcoin node with only 64gb of storage? The blockchain size is larger than that and I don't expect this phone will maintain stability if you run it as a 'full node'. It supports extra memory though, but hey, that means you need to spend more money.

A pruned node is what you can run at best but even with that, you can't expect to use it without any problems. Why not build an SPV client for god's sake?
Activity: 136
Merit: 12
HTC has launched a new blockchain phone with Bitcoin (BTC) network support. The Exodus 1 will allow users to run a full Bitcoin node.

https://usethebitcoin.com/htc-launches-blockchain-phone-with-full-bitcoin-node/

On the all, phone is just on the side of lower end phones with Snapdragon 435, running Android 8.1. The screen is a 5.7-inch HD+, coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. There’s a microUSB port and, good news, a headphone jack. The new device lowers the barrier of entry to €219 (~$244). It is available in all of the various equivalent cryptocurrencies.

It can be a step up in the field of crypto to get reputation on the global scale.
Pages:
Jump to: