Pages:
Author

Topic: Human productivity - page 3. (Read 411 times)

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
June 10, 2021, 08:31:21 AM
The world is changing as time passes by. Technology is expanding and modernization is rapidly happening over the past years. Sooner or later, innovation would take over most of the countries around the globe.

Before, we mostly use tradional ways in medium of exchange and in trading such as using barter system and buying and selling in physical markets. Now, we already have at hand what we need in an instant due to the use of technology. We can instantly shop and trade online. In the future, most probably more innovations that will lead to betterment of society and way of living of people will be produced.

Hopefully, bitcoin would be exclusive for most people by then, so the majority can also taste the benefits that bitcoin has to offer. However, we must not also degrade and eliminate the usual comparisons to bitcoin people keep on using. Best examples would be fiat and gold. We must keep in mind that these things aforementioned serve their own purposes. I don't really see the need to compare and pit them from one another. Cryptocurrency community can grow and will grow without downgrading other assets and investment vehicles people opt to use.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 500
June 10, 2021, 07:40:00 AM
So true , The world has shown rapid development. In my country, there was only a transaction system called barter or what is called exchanging our belongings to buy goods sold by other people. Along with the development of the era of technology is growing, to the point where there is bitcoin which makes it very easy to transact over the internet without face to face. Which makes it very easy when the world is hit by the covid 19 virus, we can work from home, invest as we like and get results according to our performance. And I'm really excited, especially what will be created by geniuses for this world.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
June 10, 2021, 06:07:18 AM
Your facts are valid and it is very understandable that the world is gradually expanding and developing beyond physical farming. Blockchain has made it more easy for everyone regardless of where you are to be able to carry out daily transactions and even gain from your held tokens for daily income with juicy APR across different AMM DEXs. With advancements in technology we'd be thrilled with how everything would be changed and the next stop might likely not lessen the demand for gold but bitcoin demand will be on a high scale.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
June 10, 2021, 05:55:14 AM
In the past, people farmed and exchanged the surplus grain harvested in autumn for rare, unchanging gold. Then give the gold to a trusted person in exchange for his IOU. When you finish eating your own grain, you can exchange the IOU for gold and then exchange for grain.
Now and in the future, we will replace the surplus production with a rare, trustworthy and unchangeable Bitcoin, and it can be quickly exchanged for the product we want in any corner of the world. We no longer have to work hard to carry these gold and IOUs.
 In fact, in a few years, I often imagined how to send money conveniently on the Internet. After thinking of Bitcoin, I found that Bitcoin, which has solved scarcity, trust and immutability, is money itself, and it is digital gold that is easy to use.

Ofcourse, Bitcoin has alot of similarities with gold but that doesn't necessarily make it a digital gold.
I actually like the part about how certain people in old exchange their surplus farm produce for gold and then IOU, and back to grain again, right? Is the grain collector (or buyer?) acting as a grain custodian, a grain reserve or warehouse for storing surplus harvest? So, if the farmer decides not to take back grain, he then owns the Gold, right? Or is the farmer simply selling the grain for Gold? Trying to see how sustainable it would be to act as a reserve & collect farm produces from farmers who don't want to struggle hard to sell them. Maybe collect the farm produces abit less than the market price and give the farmers coins.

In regards to the giving to "trusted" persons, If we have such persons in this generation, we will probably not need Bitcoin/crypto

Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 10, 2021, 05:50:40 AM
That's right, in ancient times you had to store gold properly so it wouldn't be stolen by thieves. So worried first to save a very valuable asset. However, in this changing era of digital era. Storing large assets is very easy and convenient. transact easier. Only a matter of minutes we can invest, send the amount of money we need right. times have changed. most importantly our norms and beliefs never change
I don't think that our norms and beliefs didn't change because I think that it comes together with time, it continues to change. Back then rape was acceptable but that isn't the case now and that's a norm.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
Stand with Ukraine
June 10, 2021, 04:43:13 AM
In the past, people farmed and exchanged the surplus grain harvested in autumn for rare, unchanging gold. Then give the gold to a trusted person in exchange for his IOU. When you finish eating your own grain, you can exchange the IOU for gold and then exchange for grain.
Now and in the future, we will replace the surplus production with a rare, trustworthy and unchangeable Bitcoin, and it can be quickly exchanged for the product we want in any corner of the world. We no longer have to work hard to carry these gold and IOUs.
 In fact, in a few years, I often imagined how to send money conveniently on the Internet. After thinking of Bitcoin, I found that Bitcoin, which has solved scarcity, trust and immutability, is money itself, and it is digital gold that is easy to use.

I personally think that gold is overvalued today, and Bitcoin is undervalued. But that's me, I realize that most people don't share my views on this. Most people still see BTC as a highly volatile​ speculative asset, not as money of the future. Again, I personally agree with you, Bitcoin is the money of the future, but when this future will come, in a few years, you say? I don't know. Maybe. At least I hope so.

But this part, " We no longer have to work hard"? I don't get completely, tbh. Bitcoin is money, it's not something we can eat or wear. So, we still have to work hard to have things we can be buying with the money.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
June 10, 2021, 04:11:28 AM
Well ngl, I hardly doubt Bitcoin would be the only medium alive that can be used to transact via the internet. It's one option, but for the sake of using something they're used to, other people would probably just go ahead and use fiat currencies, digital currencies, or whatever the future has type of currency that would be tied to the government. Not to mention that there'd probably be countless walls that would inhibit the adoption of Bitcoin. Might be in the future, sure, but it's a coexistence with fiat/government that would happen, and not a complete overhaul.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
June 10, 2021, 03:48:24 AM
That's right, in ancient times you had to store gold properly so it wouldn't be stolen by thieves. So worried first to save a very valuable asset. However, in this changing era of digital era. Storing large assets is very easy and convenient. transact easier. Only a matter of minutes we can invest, send the amount of money we need right. times have changed. most importantly our norms and beliefs never change
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1143
June 10, 2021, 03:16:10 AM
but if we are talking about microtransactions bitcoin mining fees and transaction time becomes an issue if we want the avrage joe to go to the store and buy his groceries with bitcoin
This is what Lightning network can be a solution for paying micro transactions with Bitcoin, it will reduce significant fees compared to on-chains Bitcoin.

I wonder where you live... Is there no such online fiat or digital banking that you can easily pay anything trough your phone?
Bitcoin is scarce because the supply is only 21 Million around the world, right now it's already mined around 18 Million only 3 Million left.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
June 09, 2021, 03:10:21 PM
Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is and will be the replacment for the physical currencies in a world where everything is being digitilized, but if we are talking about microtransactions bitcoin mining fees and transaction time becomes an issue if we want the avrage joe to go to the store and buy his groceries with bitcoin he should be able to and not have to pay double the value of it in fees, and to me that is the road block that is keeping bitcoin from reaching that point.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
June 09, 2021, 08:24:20 AM
The world is slowly changing its ways. From the past where farming and mining was physically done as well as trading, now with the rise of the blockchain technology and the success of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We've all seen how much innovation has taken place and it would not be surprising anymore if one day we will see bitcoin as an official currency the world is using. Although it would take much adjustments before it could happen, still there is a possibility and everyone is hoping for that while others are not. We have our own reasons why we don't want bitcoin to become exclusive for everyone.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 603
June 09, 2021, 07:42:16 AM
If world still carries electricity hubs in the future then I am sure we can work out this strategy of exchanging currencies. (Just a thought, Global warming you know).

Obviously there is no asset like bitcoin to re-structure the economy in the future. For now Fiat ain't going anywhere because it is solid works for all kinds of human population in the world (age, modesty, developments etc).

In fact many of them don't know bitcoin yet, some of them don't trust it at all, some of them know it but don't wanna risk it!

For bitcoin to be as solid as Fiat, it will take time to make first official exchange through government.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 49
Binance #Smart World Global Token
June 09, 2021, 07:39:33 AM

Bitcoin has many good advantages over the real gold though it does not mean that gold is going down as an investment vehicle as it is more of a store of value and a safe haven with markedly less volatility. This can be the reason why Bitcoin is called as the money of the internet because anybody can use the said coin online - and payment to anyone with Bitcoin address can be made fast and cheaply with no need for third-party intermediaries not unless you choose to. Of course, as just another man-made invention Bitcoin is never perfect and critics of it are the ones usually pointing us to its "dark" side.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
June 09, 2021, 07:16:45 AM
Pages:
Jump to: