Pages:
Author

Topic: [HZ] [ANN] The "Open Auditing" 2016 US Election Prediction Market Project - page 2. (Read 2377 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
PLEASE COMPLETE THE STEPS TO OPEN-AUDIT (1) AND LEAVE OPEN THE PREDICTWISE PAGE YOU USED. YOU'LL FIND THE ASSET'S NAME AT THE TOP-LEFT OF ITS PAGE IN THE HORIZON WALLET. 

HOW TO OPEN-AUDIT (2) --> STEP ONE: Subtract 1 from the number in your calculator, or divide by 2 if your number's < 1. STEP TWO: Look in Buy Orders for Asset Issuer's bid to see if the Price numbers match. STEP 3: Click Asset Issuer; you'll see a ledger for Nxtblg Main HZ Wallet. STEP 4: Click "Assets" and look in the ledger for the Asset's Name. To the right of the Asset Name, you'll see a Quantity. STEP 5: Clear your calculator and enter in 10000 . This number is the Total Available of the Asset. STEP 6: Subtract the Quantity you found - the amount of it held by Nxtblg Main HZ Wallet - from the 10000. STEP 7: Close the ledger, look back at the Buy Orders (the buybook) to see if your subtraction matches the buybook's Asset Issuer Quantity.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
THE OPEN-AUDIT INITIATIVE: 2016 US ELECTION PREDICTION MARKET PROJECT

This Horizon project consists of a slew of prediction-market Assets that shadow PredictWise's price data. This project is experimental. The owner of PredictWise has kindly let me have access to APIs that will provide the numbers for the tradebot that will keep these Assets in line with his derived market-price data.

Just to let you know, this project is started and run by yours truly, who is solely responsible for it. Neither PredictWise not the Horizon dev team is associated with it, except as independent supplier of data and independent supplier of the 2nd-gen cryptocurrency platform. The responsibility for this project is all on my shoulders.

"Hello World!"

Welcome to the first iteration, the "Hello World" if you will, of an initiative I call Open Auditing. Each of the Assets listed below in this post contain instructions on how to audit my pricing claims. Also below is step-by-step detailed instructions for any Assets you wish to audit. for a post of part of the audit instructions. Since the Horizon Asset system only allows for 1000 characters, and the full instructions clocked in at ~1600 characters, I had to post Part 2 of the instructions here. It's in the post just below this one.

YOU CAN AUDIT ANY ONE OF THESE ASSETS CONVENIENTLY by using a special Horizon demo account. It holds ten of each contract. Using the tables below, you can find the one(s) you want to price-check. The Account ID is NHZ-R66W-847L-MTQR-5CSH5 Just copy and paste this exact ID into your Horizon wallet. If you don't have one, feel free to use this Web wallet.  After copying and pasting the Account ID, your login box should look like this:

Feel free to click "Remember Account." Smiley If you trust me, you can use this direct link to NHZ-R66W-847L-MTQR-5CSH5.

If you don't trust me - perhaps you shouldn't - you can download your own independent full-node Horizon wallet here. Please check your download against one of the checksums provided to make sure you've got the right .zip file. You can download a checksum checker here. One you've got it installed, click the "Manage" button and the "Open File" icon on the top left of the Manage page. Load the Horizon wallet into it. Then, press the "Archive Information" icon - it's third to the right - and then press the "Checksums" button. The checksum you get should match the one for your full-node wallet on the official download page.

This guide in the official Horizon announcement thread tells you how to set up your new node.

Once you've got your wallet set up, or the direct link to my Web wallet opened up, click the "Asset Exchange" button on the left. It looks like this:

If you're using my Web wallet link to account NHZ-R66W-847L-MTQR-5CSH5, you'll see the Assets already loaded in a list just to the right of the blue buttons. If you're using your own node, you'll have to add them yourself by clicking the Add Asset button in the upper right of the page and entering the Asset ID number. The list of contracts just below has the ID number for each of them.

If you are DIYing with your own wallet, you can fill up your Asset Exchange bookmarks by clicking the above-mentioned Add Asset button...

...entering the Asset ID number in the form that pops up...

...and clicking the Add Asset button on the form. You'll see it added to your Asset Exchange bookmarks.

As you'll soon find out, the above Asset ID corresponds to the contract, "Will the winner of the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election be a Democrat?" Click here to get the contract lists!
Pages:
Jump to: