Pages:
Author

Topic: I am a newb but I want to invest... any thoughts? - page 5. (Read 730 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Your impulses are clear, but is it the not right step in these conditions. The market is still falling and the bottom is not yet visible, which means a very big risk to start investing now.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
As you are at a place where I've been, I can understand your situation. First of all start doing some airdrops and bounties on daily basis. They'll give you some income over time.

Second thing is that learn about crypto on internet and follow some people on twitter or there are very good threads here on bitcointalk. Learn about the marketcap concept, bull and bear market. Never ever buy anything when its rising already. Most of the times, you'll lose a big part of your investment on that trade. This is called FOMO- fear on missing out.

Well, you'll learn things over time and with experience. Just don't buy anything blindly because some expert says to do so.

Wow, nice to meet you.
With the airdrops and bounties, I just thought even if they are a hit or a miss, I wouldn't really be risking much. Some of the groups I am in share airdrop and bounty information so I will try and participate in more.

I have been surfing around communities, chatrooms, groups, pages and so forth. I have been reading in the forum as well, but I plan to do so more often now. FOMO, will remember that.

Yeah, I agree with the expert part. Since there are so many who "claim" to be one on the internet, i am not sure who really is one.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Cheers! Cheesy
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Hi, guys and gurus! Nice to meet you all.  Cheesy
I've been coming to the forum time to time, but it's my first time posting.
I need some advice...

I bought BTC and lost 90% of my money a while back. It wasn't all my savings or anything, but it was quite a loss. A friend of mine told me about the bitcoin - but I didn't know anything about this crypto world so I still kick myself for being so dumb - and I got in without research. Snap, and it was gone.  Sad
I guess I should have been smarter, should have done my research, should have come here before and so forth... but what's done is done.

But now that I do more reading and follow this crypto market, I am more and more convinced that cryptocurrency is going to boom soon and I don't want to miss out!

I've been looking around recently and found out this thing called 'airdrops' and from what I understand they basically give you some coins for free!  Shocked
I think it's a good thing cuz I don't feel comfortable about the risk of putting money in but at the same time can get a bit of coin for free.
But it also means that I can't really spend it or exchange it for cash for a long time, right?

The airdrop event my friend and I found is this thing called Coindrop, and apparently I can make up to like 60,000 SEEDs. (Here is the link: coindrop.link)
I'm a bit cautious but it sounds like really good opportunity, so I figured I'd ask you experts.

So what do you guys think?  Huh

I hope you did not sell your bitcoins. In the long term, they will grow, you will only have to wait.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
No problem if you bought the bitcoins at very high price,just hold it now and if can buy more because the bull market may start at any time so you will have the lost amount soon but don't lose hope.
Activity: 197
I would suggest to look at ICOs, I think it is the best way of investment for this moment. Of course you should select the project carefully, the market is full of scams. I can suggest to look at IcoGuide.com rates, they are not paid, so it will make the selection process easier.
Better to invest in tokens that on market because you will never had a problem if its a scam project or not. you just need to buy and sell

Yeah I heard so much about scams - even just now on the forum! I can see why there would be scams; there are so many new coins it's hard to keep track of them and it'd be like needle in a haystack.
If my friends were to get into crypto market, I would def advise them to research and be aware of the scams too. Arg, only if they would say "SCAM" on their website... lol
Activity: 448
Merit: 11
I need some advice...

I bought BTC and lost 90% of my money a while back. It wasn't all my savings or anything, but it was quite a loss. A friend of mine told me about the bitcoin - but I didn't know anything about this crypto world so I still kick myself for being so dumb - and I got in without research. Snap, and it was gone.  Sad
I guess I should have been smarter, should have done my research, should have come here before and so forth... but what's done is done.

But now that I do more reading and follow this crypto market, I am more and more convinced that cryptocurrency is going to boom soon and I don't want to miss out!

I've been looking around recently and found out this thing called 'airdrops' and from what I understand they basically give you some coins for free!  Shocked
I think it's a good thing cuz I don't feel comfortable about the risk of putting money in but at the same time can get a bit of coin for free.
But it also means that I can't really spend it or exchange it for cash for a long time, right?

The airdrop event my friend and I found is this thing called Coindrop, and apparently I can make up to like 60,000 SEEDs. (Here is the link: coindrop.link)
I'm a bit cautious but it sounds like really good opportunity, so I figured I'd ask you experts.

If you still hold bitcoin, I suggest HODL for a long-term investment. Honestly, you enter a time when the market is not friendly.
With zero experience when entering crypto and directly buying, is a big wrong step.
Airdrop is like gambling, some are good, some are not. Like other ico projects. It's just that in the airdrop you get rewards by doing small tasks.
My advice is to keep learning and getting to know crypto before investing further, don't be tempted by big profits if you have zero experience
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY
If you did not sell your bitcoins then you have lost nothing, and over time you'll earn their, you say that they see the imminent growth of the cryptocurrency. as for airdrops not advise to do it in good projects involve many people and those tokens which translate, barely worth the time spent, better buy more bitcoin and wait for growth.
My best advice is to not invest on anything yet, since you are a newbie. You already did try to invest before and made some huge loss (wont be considered loss as long as you are still holding your coins and have not sold anything yet). This time, instead of rushing into investment, try to learn the market first. Learn from your previous mistakes. Then try investing small amount and experiment the market.
Airdrops, to be honest are just waste of time. You need to be extremely lucky to get some airdrop that ends up being quite successful. Do remember these are just free coins given away, so the value will be extremely small.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I agree I should learn more before investing in anything.
I have been looking into a few in more depth and found the airdrop. I more or less find their business model and vision attractive. It is a bit complicated (since their token is used to take part in energy businesses and CDM, carbon credits, solar power plants thins like that) because people don't really get involved in that as an individual! So yeah, more and more research for me.
Anyways, yeah, I have joined other communities and chatrooms to find out what other people think and how the market is going.

Thank you very much, everyone, for consolation, advice, and encouragement! I will make sure if I do become very well versed in crypto, to provide equally great insight to other newbies! Cheesy
Activity: 140
As you are at a place where I've been, I can understand your situation. First of all start doing some airdrops and bounties on daily basis. They'll give you some income over time.

Second thing is that learn about crypto on internet and follow some people on twitter or there are very good threads here on bitcointalk. Learn about the marketcap concept, bull and bear market. Never ever buy anything when its rising already. Most of the times, you'll lose a big part of your investment on that trade. This is called FOMO- fear on missing out.

Well, you'll learn things over time and with experience. Just don't buy anything blindly because some expert says to do so.
Activity: 14
Better to invest in tokens that on market because you will never had a problem if its a scam project or not. you just need to buy and sell
I need some advice...

I think you have lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency. You need first learn about crypto before investment. try to learn here . post your problems peoples will help you. And if you invested and dont sell yet your crypto. Then you should hold and wait market up.thanks

I had NO IDEA when I started (trust me I wasn't the only one around here). I didn't even know what blockchain was; a friend told me it was a quick - and sure - way to make some quick money. I sort of thought of it like investing in stocks.
Now that I am studying about it, I am understanding what I did. Yeah... sucks.
Activity: 15
They need proper education or they will face great risks. The coin that caused the wrong purchase was not rewarded.
I think until you're new not just hear that until you know what cryptocurrency is, it is better not to invest. Especially now a lot of advisors. Take training courses

I found so many people on youtube and on the internet who are experts. Actually it was a bit overwhelming... I have been reading and watching a bunch of them, and have found a few courses (even one from MIT!).

It seems like most of them are telling me there is no ACTUALLY value in the coin - it's more like how valuable most people view the coin to be.

Hmm anyways, sorry I strayed, yeah. If you have any information about advisers you find particularly helpful, I'd be happy to hear from you Wink
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
I need some advice...

I think you have lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency. You need first learn about crypto before investment. try to learn here . post your problems peoples will help you. And if you invested and dont sell yet your crypto. Then you should hold and wait market up.thanks
Hi, guys and gurus! Nice to meet you all.  Cheesy
I need some advice...

I bought BTC and lost 90% of my money a while back. It wasn't all my savings or anything, but it was quite a loss. A friend of mine told me about the bitcoin - but I didn't know anything about this crypto world so I still kick myself for being so dumb - and I got in without research. Snap, and it was gone.  Sad

I've been looking around recently and found out this thing called 'airdrops' and from what I understand they basically give you some coins for free!  Shocked

The airdrop event my friend and I found is this thing called Coindrop, and apparently I can make up to like 60,000 SEEDs.

So what do you guys think?  Huh
If you not sell any of your bitcoins yet then you lost nothing since you itself mentioned that the market can boom at any time so hold your coins until to make money.

Doing airdrops is a way to make money but it is hard to find the legit aidrops,most of them were scams and worthless to do,you can try bounties if you want to make money which is better than airdrops.

Hi, sorry I've been so MIA. I did sell my BTC, unfortunately. I didn't have any exchange account at the time and gave my money to my friend who was investing (and so enthusiastically convinced me to) and he sold it, returning only 90 percent of my money.

Anyways, I did participate in the coindrop event I mentioned and I received quite a bit of SEED(I think probably like 250 dollars worth). I guess it's not that much but it was a good gain for an airdrop? I was worried that it will have no value, but I heard that using these tokens I can invest in Energy Farm business so I'm working on that. Still thanks for your kind concern. I took your advice and am looking into the bounty program as well.  Cheesy Thank you again for your advice! Mucho mucho gracias!
Activity: 53
I think until you're new not just hear that until you know what cryptocurrency is, it is better not to invest. Especially now a lot of advisors. Take training courses
Activity: 1107
Merit: 256
You can not invest in what is unknown. To begin with, you need to understand what kind of asset is this - cryptocurrency and how to properly reinvest them and at what point it is necessary to do it. Otherwise, you will lose all your savings.
That is why he need to learn a lot before he will do his first move, he needs to understand how this market works and what he could expect after enter into the market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 42
First of all, I must say that if you wanted to enter this market last year, now I thought it was. We have not had a retreat for 1 year. We entered the hills and saw the diplomas. I am eager to go back to the diplomatic entry.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
My best advice is to not invest on anything yet, since you are a newbie. You already did try to invest before and made some huge loss (wont be considered loss as long as you are still holding your coins and have not sold anything yet). This time, instead of rushing into investment, try to learn the market first. Learn from your previous mistakes. Then try investing small amount and experiment the market.
Airdrops, to be honest are just waste of time. You need to be extremely lucky to get some airdrop that ends up being quite successful. Do remember these are just free coins given away, so the value will be extremely small.
Pages:
Jump to: