Pages:
Author

Topic: I am developing and designing an exchange and looking for some suggestions! - page 2. (Read 445 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I’m developing and designing an exchange and I wanted to gather some suggestions from the community! Here is a little preview of it:

https://robertt.com/exchange.png
I can't tell much based on the screenshot alone but here are some suggestions:

• You might want to consider moving the "Recent trades" section into the empty space below the "Support" icon.
  • A bit too dark, a lighter theme perhaps [on/off switch].
  • Since you're targeting beginners, then there should be bubble pop-ups for introducing everything or simply a tutorial tab of some sort.

So, I wanted to gather some suggestions on what confused you when you signed up to an exchange as a beginner?
Everything [literally] Cheesy
Activity: 94
Merit: 7
I’ve not got around to naming it yet, this is just a side project that I think will help new users. The name or term ‘play money’ is used frequently and i will be incorporating that to the project.

If you’re experienced, it won’t be something you’d find incredibly important of course but that’s because it’s a tool for beginners. It’s just a little free side project that I thought could be useful so it’s still in production, i have no plans to create it as a business and i’ll make the project open source. I’m hoping that I can gather some experiences that people have had in the past when they were less experienced and just starting out with an exchange.

Glad you like the interface, and yes of course all options that are generally expected for traders will be there but structured in a more pleasant and easy to use way.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
A "faucet" for trial like play money is good enough but gets medium importance to me. Some users who are developing bots and trying to run homebrewen strategies might like it. Did you get that name from the faucet dispense of crypto-games? Cheesy

The UI looks good but just an image will not do, lets hope that the beta version will be made available for testing out in near future.

What are the deposit/withdraw options available? Are you going to register yourself as a business somewhere? It is a DEX I assume for now.

Seems minimalistic - which is not a bad thing. But some traders like to have all sorts of indicators in one place so you might face some backlash from them, might want to keep some room for that.

Overall I think it looks good but trying out the real thing would bring out more suggestions from users.
Activity: 94
Merit: 7
I’m developing and designing an exchange and I wanted to gather some suggestions from the community! Here is a little preview of it:

I’m creating a free and open source exchange that will be based on ‘play money’. I thought this could be useful as a lot of the time, beginners are thrown right into the deep end when signing up to most exchanges. With an exchange that only deals with ‘play money’, users can get a feel of what it’s like to trade with Cryptocurrencies. It’s just a little side project but I thought it could perhaps be useful.

So, I wanted to gather some suggestions on what confused you when you signed up to an exchange as a beginner?
Pages:
Jump to: