Pages:
Author

Topic: I am out of the mining game :( - page 5. (Read 44414 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 17, 2015, 02:39:41 AM

Sounds more like a well placed AD.

yup! he is like advertising more that suggesting on the given topic, hehe
Cloud mining is not advisable for me because of the low profit and a lot of cost.

it's the stupid high maintanance fee that kill it, because if they really have 0.05 cost for electricity and nothing added, it would be fabulous you can actually roi pretty fast

but they milk the shit out of your investment
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 16, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Cloud mining is not advisable for me because of the low profit and a lot of cost.

Above all, most of the Cloud mining sites are scummers. So even if you are ok with low profit you should think twice before joining them.

They basically mine with your money.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
October 16, 2015, 12:58:02 PM

Above all, most of the Cloud mining sites are scummers. So even if you are ok with low profit you should think twice before joining them.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 16, 2015, 05:47:11 AM

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 15, 2015, 07:06:26 PM
I was in the same situation and then I joined cloud mining services!! And now I am happy!

What Cloud mining site are you? and there is a risk of fraud in cloud mining and do you profit with just that?
and there are Contractual warnings that mining operations may cease depending on the price of bitcoin,
why are you happy with lower profits? you are the on e to cover for the cost aster all?

Can't take that message seriously. Either he is fishing for naive fools to scam, or he actually has not tried to withdraw from his "profitable" service yet Wink

legendary
October 15, 2015, 06:04:49 AM

Can't take that message seriously. Either he is fishing for naive fools to scam, or he actually has not tried to withdraw from his "profitable" service yet Wink

Whoa! then it really is a scam? haha well I am just asking him so he would show his true colors if it is a scam or not, and I am not considering cloud mining as that profitable I had many doubts about it being fraud or not!
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 15, 2015, 05:59:55 AM
I was in the same situation and then I joined cloud mining services!! And now I am happy!

What Cloud mining site are you? and there is a risk of fraud in cloud mining and do you profit with just that?
and there are Contractual warnings that mining operations may cease depending on the price of bitcoin,
why are you happy with lower profits? you are the on e to cover for the cost aster all?

legendary
October 15, 2015, 05:09:35 AM

why are you happy with lower profits? you are the one to cover for the cost after all?
legendary
October 15, 2015, 03:10:47 AM
I look forward to seeing more ideas for PoW algorithms that do not so heavily favor those with free or cheap electricity

it won't change anything, because the diff will simply raise too much until the ratio between the earning and electricity would be barely profitable

it was the case for every new proclaimed new coins with cool and fresh algo, that make your mahcien consume lower, like fresh-coin
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
The Exchange for EOS Community
October 09, 2015, 11:42:10 AM
Activity: 150
Merit: 102
October 06, 2015, 09:41:02 AM
I look forward to seeing more ideas for PoW algorithms that do not so heavily favor those with free or cheap electricity

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2015, 07:54:05 AM
at this moment i`m mining two coins one is eth and the other one is leocoin.
legendary
October 06, 2015, 06:28:31 AM
Me too. been out for a long time and only mined coins i thought was worth it. Now dismantling rigs and moving on to something that actually gives money. Like a real life job o.O

Maybe the odds are not right for you to mine yet, the experience in failing is great when you realized that
you had invest so much money to this then you didn't reach ROI,
I feel you man!  Embarrassed
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 06, 2015, 05:35:01 AM
Me too. been out for a long time and only mined coins i thought was worth it. Now dismantling rigs and moving on to something that actually gives money. Like a real life job o.O
legendary
October 01, 2015, 02:01:56 AM
Hey orcanice That's alright dude their is a lot out their like you so much money investment
in the mining industry but never quits, sometime you gotta fall or fail in what you are doing but
don't lose hope with it if there is no sacrifices there are no success! you may fail a hundred times
but If you succeed it is a million times more enjoyable if you push yourself to it! keep it up dude!
just an advice.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
September 30, 2015, 11:44:55 AM
So im out of the mining game.

Getting asics importet from china is too expensive -.-
Electricity is too expensive in my country 0.14$/kwh -.-
and my block erupters isnt making me anything.

this game have only been a waste of money so far.

GL on your mining guys Smiley dont make the same mistakes as i did.

A lot of people is dropping out the mining game. Which reminds me that this can, in a long time run, have a negative impact on the network decentralization. As more miners drop out, bigger companies are taking over mining. So my question is: will this be the cause for a 51% attack?
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
September 29, 2015, 04:11:28 AM
I'm really split between buying a card and quitting ;~;  what, with the btc per block halving every know and then. Another question.

Why do blocks halve the reward every 210000 blocks (I think) ?  Is it too replicate the idea of real, physical mining, where a resource gets scarcer and scarcer?

It extends out the miner subsidy as the value/strength of bitcoin grows. If it stayed at the original 50 and continued all 21 million would be mined before 2020.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
September 24, 2015, 04:22:29 PM
I'm really split between buying a card and quitting ;~;  what, with the btc per block halving every know and then. Another question.

Why do blocks halve the reward every 210000 blocks (I think) ?  Is it too replicate the idea of real, physical mining, where a resource gets scarcer and scarcer?
legendary
September 24, 2015, 03:07:18 AM
Which coin still give positive return?

probably not sha256, unless you have a s7 and very good electricity, i wouldn't mind diff too much, what it matter is efficiency
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
September 24, 2015, 01:09:37 AM
 Here you go guys...get an SP50 at 50k usd (probably) and 13,740 WATTS at 110 PH plus minus 10% in a 11 u rack Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12501293

their blog announcement

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news/54091269-spondoolies-tech-reveals-a-glimpse-into-the-future-of-transaction-verification-services-hardware

11 PH miners sh*t and spondoolies puts this (at cost) in their data halls and bitfury has their chips 14nm is it? hitting their data halls in a month

Difficulty is going to go more then crazy ...I mean jeez......

This could be BEYOND interesting.....boy when the Fat Lady sings about the end of home mining ..this will probably be the cord that strikes home miners in the heart Sad

By  the by anything less then a 1 year warranty and they are not serious really about selling these to the public..this puppy dies and you can't get it fixed that is
one big lump of 50k expensive space heater let me tell you Smiley

Let the battle for centralization to maybe 4 or 5 big asic makers and their data halls commence!!! Then we in 2018 or so read about the 'conspiracy' 'shape' the
btc universe to their will (imho a flat difficulty curve at a high level no one else can jump into mnfg or data hall wise at that point in time and thus the move
to 'encourage' the btc devs etc to make 'transaction fees' mandatory and they can clean up with flat difficulty and fees cutting up the btc mining pie 4 or 5 ways)

11 PH miners for BTC it is gonna get weird quick Smiley

heh (such a cynic) Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: