Pages:
Author

Topic: I am Raging about Bitcoin qt client :( - page 2. (Read 2824 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I <3 VW Beetles
October 30, 2012, 05:14:25 PM
Blockchain.info is the one I would recommend.

I am also a heavy advocate of using paper wallets (such as ones you can print from BitAddress.org).  I don't leave bitcoins online and any time I transact in bitcoins, I physically grab the coins I need, transact in them, and send the change to another paper wallet.  That way, the only coins I ever risk getting stuck anywhere are the ones I'm working with at the moment, and with BlockChain.info I believe I'm not likely to get my coins stuck.

Yes thanks but what about my current wallet? There is about 0.30 btc on it (For me much) and I really DONT ever want to lose them
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
October 30, 2012, 05:12:56 PM
Blockchain.info is the one I would recommend.

I am also a heavy advocate of using paper wallets (such as ones you can print from BitAddress.org).  I don't leave bitcoins online and any time I transact in bitcoins, I physically grab the coins I need, transact in them, and send the change to another paper wallet.  That way, the only coins I ever risk getting stuck anywhere are the ones I'm working with at the moment, and with BlockChain.info I believe I'm not likely to get my coins stuck.
legendary
Activity: 952
October 30, 2012, 05:12:50 PM
I'm having the same fucking problem and I have BTC stuck in that wallet.

How can I use other clients to open this wallet (created with the bitcoin.org client)?

Ohh, thats what I just wanted to post Tongue

Yeah can I copy the Wallet.dat to the other client?

I've tried that and it didn't work.
I <3 VW Beetles
October 30, 2012, 05:11:54 PM

How can I use other clients to open this wallet (created with the bitcoin.org client)?

Ohh, thats what I just wanted to post Tongue

Yeah can I copy the Wallet.dat to the other client?
legendary
Activity: 952
October 30, 2012, 05:10:09 PM

EDIT: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/37255-blocks-left-819-121034
I <3 VW Beetles
October 30, 2012, 05:09:23 PM
Mhhh, dindt know there where other clients available...

And no Bad sectors (I have Seagate Barracuda 1 tb 7200 tpm, newest Barracuda btw)
Can I place the already downloaded indexes in the other client or what?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
October 30, 2012, 05:06:48 PM
How about using a different client?  Electum, blockchain.info, etc?

Also, check your HDD for errors.  You never know, it could be a bad block causing all your troubles.
I <3 VW Beetles
October 30, 2012, 05:04:47 PM
Hello!
I am trying to download the blockchain for the wallet for almost a month now, and I am TOTALY DONE WITH IT!
Its ALWAYS the same problem, first time I got the: ''error while opening blkindex'' was when it downloaded 99.7% and I deleted the files, again afer 2 days 90%, again, again, again and today the same anoying error, I want to spend my hard earned BTC and the stupid thing is only giving me errors and lets me download the whole 5.5 gb chain again...

Anyone a solution for this? When I turn off my pc (I cant run it 24/7) I first close down the client and then the pc, and then when I boot it gives the freaking error  Huh
Serious, Im totaly DONE with the thing, I missed some chances on gr8 deals with this problem and I am angry as hell (I hope you can understand).

I tryed downloading a torrent blockchain but it was only 2.4 gbs and when it importet it had to download the other 4 gbs and gave me another error (always the same BTW: error while loadin blkindex)

PLEASE god help me....

-kuusj98

(btw sorry for the bad grammar and language and stuff, im just very angry Wink)
Pages:
Jump to: