Pages:
Author

Topic: I believe all life is evil. - page 2. (Read 3700 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 28, 2014, 05:55:10 AM
People are selfish in one of 4 ways:

Way of life: Culture, 2nd amendment rights

Possessions: House, Wife, dog

Emotions: Also generally considered unselfish
August 28, 2014, 05:53:48 AM
And the attempt to rid us of evil is stupid.
I agree, evil should be embraced at a subjective level. This helps combat identify with your shadow material.

And what is that supposed to mean? Cheesy

Goodness comes from cooperation amongst evil.
What does this mean? or did you mean to say "cooperation [with] evil."

2 wrongs make a right.
Explain.

That the best way to avoid the evil inside you,is to embrace it.....as much as we want to get rid of it ,we can't is  part of everything...is even a part of good....see the ying yang simbol.
When it comes to the yin yang, lets assign the black to be evil and the white to be goodness. You try to get rid of one side, the little circle of opposing color gets bigger to compensate. Like a member of the military or a police officer attempting to rid us of evil. Evil finds a way to manifest itself, perhaps within the person trying to get rid of evil. The cop, the soldier may become more evil than they already are.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 28, 2014, 05:42:02 AM
Some people are evil, some are indifferent, and some are awesome.You believing everyone is evil says more about you flaws and defects than anything.
Activity: 364
August 27, 2014, 01:41:45 PM
I agree, evil should be embraced at a subjective level. This helps combat identify with your shadow material.

2 wrongs make a right.
Explain.

That the best way to avoid the evil inside you,is to embrace it.....as much as we want to get rid of it ,we can't is  part of everything...is even a part of good....see the ying yang simbol.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
August 27, 2014, 01:04:39 PM
First you will have to give definition what is life and what is evil.
This are not absolute but relative categories, and each person have different understanding about it, based on his/her culture background, life, education etc.
Some people believe than only God can give us absolute definition about right and wrong, purpose of life and life etc.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 27, 2014, 11:48:43 AM

2 wrongs make a right.
Explain.
August 27, 2014, 11:46:18 AM
You got a pretty fucked up prospective if you think acting in your own interests is evil.

It may have evil consequences, it may be benign, or it may actually also be in the other party's best interest as well. A blanket statement "if you act in your own best interest and then you're evil" is just stupid.
I'm not stating 'if'. Perhaps I'm changing definitions. I'm saying that being evil is just natural. Not you can/will be evil, you ARE evil. This is your natural state. When you leave the mothers womb, you cry because it is in your interest to cry, not for anyone else. And you maintain this individuality. You just ARE evil. Try not to read too much into the baby reference, it's just an example.
August 27, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
You got a pretty fucked up prospective if you think acting in your own interests is evil.

It may have evil consequences, it may be benign, or it may actually also be in the other party's best interest as well. A blanket statement "if you act in your own best interest and then you're evil" is just stupid.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
August 27, 2014, 11:34:54 AM
An abstract concept such as "life" cannot be morally evaluated by entities that constructed the very same concept in the first place. A valid moral evaluation requires the judging entity and the to-be-judged entity being on the same layer of existence.

Of course you can believe what you like... Cheesy

ya.ya.yo!

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 27, 2014, 11:32:41 AM
If you don't get this feeling, it's because you are a grumpy person. Your payback is a grumpy feeling, that matches who you are.

Smiley
What do you exactly mean with grumpy feeling?
grumpy
adjective
surly or ill-tempered; discontentedly or sullenly irritable; grouchy.

I surely for one don't see myself as such a person. Maybe I'm just lacking that feeling or think that it's useless so I prefer its absence?
August 27, 2014, 11:32:28 AM
You are free to believe all life is evil. I am free to believe the opposite. What is more important? Your belief or mine? Neither. What is more important is the freedom for both of us to express our divergent viewpoints...
is god the inventor of the evil, or is it lucifer that was the one that done it ?on average is evil about ... dark greenish, 20 fahrenheit, hydrogen sulphide smell, and misty ?i thought i saw one once ?

Um, Religion is good in that it unites people. But evil in that people think religion revolves around the individual.

As far as God is concerned (I'm an atheist), he created us with 'original sin'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_man

I've been thinking about this concept for the last few days.
I truly believe we are all evil selfish individuals, and the only good that can come from us, is cooperation.
August 27, 2014, 11:26:48 AM
You are free to believe all life is evil. I am free to believe the opposite. What is more important? Your belief or mine? Neither. What is more important is the freedom for both of us to express our divergent viewpoints...
is god the inventor of the evil, or is it lucifer that was the one that done it ?on average is evil about ... dark greenish, 20 fahrenheit, hydrogen sulphide smell, and misty ?i thought i saw one once ?
August 27, 2014, 11:26:12 AM
But plants are evil though? What about simple organisms? Single cell organisms? Are viruses evil?
A quick google search turned up

http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/v/virus.htm
The study of viruses is known as virology, and those who study viruses are known as virologists. It has been argued extensively whether viruses are living organisms.
Most virologists consider them non-living, as they do not meet all the criteria of the generally accepted definition of life.
They are similar to obligate intracellular parasites as they lack the means for self-reproduction outside a host cell, but unlike parasites, viruses are generally not considered to be true living organisms.
A primary reason is that viruses do not possess a cell membrane or metabolise on their own - characteristics of all living organisms.
http://serc.carleton.edu/microbelife...viruslive.html
Viruses straddle the definition of life. They lie somewhere between supra molecular complexes and very simple biological entities. Viruses contain some of the structures and exhibit some of the activities that are common to organic life, but they are missing many of the others. In general, viruses are entirely composed of a single strand of genetic information encased within a protein capsule. Viruses lack most of the internal structure and machinery which characterize 'life', including the biosynthetic machinery that is necessary for reproduction. In order for a virus to replicate it must infect a suitable host cell
Perhaps see also
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ses-alive-2004
http://news.discovery.com/human/heal...ems-130227.htm
Define "obligate intracellular parasite".

As it is the Christmas season and many kisses will be snatched under the obligatory mistletoe hung over a doorway, does it also qualify? I have never seen mistletoe survive on its own, absent a parasitic host.
I'm neither a biologist or virologist, so I leave the discussion to them .So, the individual is evil. Cooperation among individuals is goodness.
Reminds me of Marine Corps Boot Camp. How they would mentally drain you in order to strip away your individuality.
Activity: 448
August 27, 2014, 11:23:44 AM
August 27, 2014, 11:19:59 AM
But plants are evil though? What about simple organisms? Single cell organisms? Are viruses evil?

The study of viruses is known as virology, and those who study viruses are known as virologists. It has been argued extensively whether viruses are living organisms.
Most virologists consider them non-living, as they do not meet all the criteria of the generally accepted definition of life.
They are similar to obligate intracellular parasites as they lack the means for self-reproduction outside a host cell, but unlike parasites, viruses are generally not considered to be true living organisms.
A primary reason is that viruses do not possess a cell membrane or metabolise on their own - characteristics of all living organisms.
Viruses straddle the definition of life. They lie somewhere between supra molecular complexes and very simple biological entities. Viruses contain some of the structures and exhibit some of the activities that are common to organic life, but they are missing many of the others. In general, viruses are entirely composed of a single strand of genetic information encased within a protein capsule. Viruses lack most of the internal structure and machinery which characterize 'life', including the biosynthetic machinery that is necessary for reproduction. In order for a virus to replicate it must infect a suitable host cell
Perhaps see also
Define "obligate intracellular parasite".

As it is the Christmas season and many kisses will be snatched under the obligatory mistletoe hung over a doorway, does it also qualify? I have never seen mistletoe survive on its own, absent a parasitic host.
August 27, 2014, 11:15:28 AM

Perhaps see also
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 27, 2014, 11:10:33 AM

That's what I say. Greenpeace doesn't want you to kill some spotted owl or chop down some giant sequoia, but they ALL go to get their shots, thereby killing off trillions of bacteria and viruses.

Smiley
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
August 27, 2014, 11:10:14 AM
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. They all suck up resources for themselves, and they do it by any means necessary.

I'm trying to paint a picture of us being evil. When we fight evil, we fight...um, ourselves. As long as life exists, there will always be evil.
August 27, 2014, 11:05:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 27, 2014, 11:01:43 AM
Before we start talking about this I have to ask something. Do you consider "that good feeling you get from helping" is payback?

So I'm driving on the highway. I see an old couple with a flat tire and I pull over. Turns out the old guy isn't strong enough to get the lugs off so, so I change the tire. I didn't do it for money or recognition or because it was a friend...I did it just because it was the right thing to do. Was that not altruistic because as I left I felt good for having done it?
What if I don't get this feeling at all?
Where is my payback then.
I sometimes look at the situation and decide whenever to help the individual or not. I help more often strangers, since I don't really need payback and can't judge if they deserve it or not.

If you don't get this feeling, it's because you are a grumpy person. Your payback is a grumpy feeling, that matches who you are.

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: