Pages:
Author

Topic: I broke my wallet, sends never confirm now. - page 2. (Read 12592 times)

Activity: 640
Merit: 500
Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...
September 29, 2010, 08:40:24 AM
For this you'll want to use the -maxconnections switch with a high number of connections, because propagation of your invalid transaction will be very poor.

Huh? Clients don't propagate what they consider invalid? I thought that they just didn't include it in their blocks...
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
September 29, 2010, 08:38:32 AM
Or wait until someone else with a custom client includes your transactions in his block.

For this you'll want to use the -maxconnections switch with a high number of connections, because propagation of your invalid transaction will be very poor.

You could also "double-spend" your pre-experiment coins by acting as though the unconfirmed transactions never happened. A wallet backup would roll things back, for example.
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...
September 29, 2010, 08:27:57 AM
You could edit your client to make it include into blocks any transactions without looking at the fee. And then wait a month or so until you make a block which will include your transactions... Or wait until someone else with a custom client includes your transactions in his block.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 29, 2010, 07:05:57 AM
Nothing I send gets confirmed now. 

Here's how I did it:

I was sending out payments under .01 in size and not paying a transaction fee, which of course were never confirmed.

Here's a guess as to why it broke my wallet:

Because the change leftover was also then never confirmed, yet my client treats it as if it was so includes those amounts in the amounts it sends out.

I've only lost 100btc, so I'm not real worried, but if you know how to fix it without too much trouble, that'd be nice.
Pages:
Jump to: