Pages:
Author

Topic: I decided to hold Bitcoin. Any wallet recommendations? - page 2. (Read 895 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 624
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
You don't need to go in other wallet which is not able to control your private keys. and  i think better to stay in electrum instead.. but if you are living in india they are using zebpay i think better to choose wallet where the building are near in your place.. like here in my place which is coins.ph i think my coins are safe if i save my bitcoins there but i will be still stay in electrum because i can't backup the private keys that i can recover once the the site is down or having a big issue after segwit activation..
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
There are many alternatives out there but most of them doesn't share private keys with us, there is jaxx wallet which is actually a multicoin wallet and also support bitcoin, you can store bitcoin there along with other alts in more safer way than any other usual bitcoin/altcoin wallet.
There are so many issues about jaxx from its users so I'll not recommend using it, there's a risk, I mean a big risk using them.

Since you use already Electrum desktop wallet which is really recommended, I might suggest that Mycelium mobile wallet is a good choice also. You can assure that you're coins are safe there just make sure that you're device is safe and secured.

This link must be read so you are aware what will happen this coming august.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
What if there will be a chain split? How will my bitcoins stored on Electrum can be used on my preferred chain?

Or something like that if you understand what Im trying to point out. Thanks for the response.
As long as you can export private keys(on electrum you can) you don't have to worry about a thing. you can also use mycelium if you want to. i'm currently using both mycelium and electrum.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I have got a flawless wallet, you can move to omniwallet.org if its trust meets your requirements.
Omniwallet does not provide you a private key but you can  export external keys in it for sure
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
The best thing here to do would be to hold your Bitcoins in a wallet and keep the private key safe. Most of the experts recommend the same.
So my best suggestion would be that you download Mycelium wallet and store your bitcoins in it. It has the option to export the private key so that you can hold your bitcoins safely. If you dont want to safeguard it with a private key then i guess blockchain would be the safest option since it handles all the transactions. But yet it wont be as safe as when you safeguard it with private key.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
What if there will be a chain split? How will my bitcoins stored on Electrum can be used on my preferred chain?

Or something like that if you understand what Im trying to point out. Thanks for the response.

You can check this guide http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/hardfork.html for your electrum to handle all it.

Also try reading this thread. It may just help you this coming August 1. A lot of us are worried too so you better be aware of what could happen.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-handling-splits-uasfs-bip148-etc-2012799
Activity: 784
Merit: 115

i think it will handle with good by the dev and the teams, you don't have to be worried. as long as you don't make any transaction in august 1, you are safe and its better to save in electrum. but if you still have bitcoin in exchanges, maybe you can get new coins after august 1 if split coins is applying so you better wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
Now I want to use a wallet without storing private key somewhere else on side of my room. Currently Im using Electrum desktop wallet. Any other recommenedations? (Don't include hardware wallet)
There are many alternatives out there but most of them doesn't share private keys with us, there is jaxx wallet which is actually a multicoin wallet and also support bitcoin, you can store bitcoin there along with other alts in more safer way than any other usual bitcoin/altcoin wallet.
Activity: 697
Merit: 253

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
As the title stated, I decided to hold Bitcoin and accept what will be the result of August 1 possible hard fork scene.

Now I want to use a wallet without storing private key somewhere else on side of my room. Currently Im using Electrum desktop wallet. Any other recommenedations? (Don't include hardware wallet)

Thanks!
I think electrum is not bad because many ofy friends are using it , but still here I will suggest you to use those things that I tried .
If you have a better pc system then try to use Bitcoin core , otherwise blockchain.info and myseelium wallet are much better wallet .
You will get both options of import and export private key in these two wallets .
So feel free to use them , but be careful export your private key and then put at a safe place where no one can steal.your private key , because who hold your private key , will also hold your all the Bitcoin that is I nyour wallet.
Activity: 697
Merit: 253
As the title stated, I decided to hold Bitcoin and accept what will be the result of August 1 possible hard fork scene.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: