Pages:
Author

Topic: i failed in day trading - page 10. (Read 1784 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
September 18, 2019, 12:59:05 AM
i have learn technical analysis and practicing it for many months now i am good at it , but when it comes to day trading stocks move as market moves if markets go up stocks go up and if market falls stocks fall where does technical analysis , how to do day trading

my question is about stocks not crypto
Basically, you must know when does the market opens and when does it closes. Buy as soon as the market opens otherwise you won't be able buy it at its best price for that day. Once you've bought stocks at a great price, put it to sell order afterwards with stop loss otherwise you'll end up losing a lot from your capital.

Partly it will going to happen with day trading, you'll end up losing if you didn't have a strong drive on your strategies. All those mentioned ways is always potential for all who want to succeed in trading. But it's unfortunate for someone who couldn't establish a good market, once failure is likely to occur.

As long as we can be careful in any trading type, I guess that we can have a chance to make a profit. And related to his failed, I think he can fix his failed, and even he can recover what he loses. But that will depend on how big his efforts to try to recover and learn to fix the mistake he made before.

But I do not suggest to do day trading for him if he doesn't know deeper in the trading. Day trading will need more skills to search the potential coins or stock to trade, and that will also need time to get the right stock or coin.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
September 17, 2019, 09:28:53 PM
i have learn technical analysis and practicing it for many months now i am good at it , but when it comes to day trading stocks move as market moves if markets go up stocks go up and if market falls stocks fall where does technical analysis , how to do day trading

Basically, you must know when does the market opens and when does it closes. Buy as soon as the market opens otherwise you won't be able buy it at its best price for that day. Once you've bought stocks at a great price, put it to sell order afterwards with stop loss otherwise you'll end up losing a lot from your capital.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
September 17, 2019, 05:58:43 PM
iv'e given up trading mostly because im bad at it :x, i should get back in the saddle though. looks like its about time.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
September 17, 2019, 02:54:11 PM

if markets go up stocks go up and if market falls stocks fall where does technical analysis , how to do day trading

I don't seem to understand the point you are bordered about. If you have understood technical analysis, stick to it. The point here is sometimes things go wrong in the market and if you are currently there in the market, that is when you get trapped.

The lesson here is a day trader is not meant to allow market drag so much because of profit.

Correct. Why bother to go thru the difficult part if you already good at something where you are already making profit.
It is just non sense. Why not just continue that after all?

Haven't you tried lookinng for a forum which specialized in stock markets? For crying out loud this is a crypto related forum and of course and it will just confuse stocks over crypto currencies.
You might not find a good answer here.
If a person cannot find the correct information on bitcointalk, then it seems to me that you need to use all the resources to study trading.  I advise you to visit YouTube, where you can not only hear, but also visually gain good knowledge in trading activities.  I believe that this is a good way out of the current situation, where a person cannot find a good source of information.
Merit: 642
September 17, 2019, 10:27:37 AM

if markets go up stocks go up and if market falls stocks fall where does technical analysis , how to do day trading

I don't seem to understand the point you are bordered about. If you have understood technical analysis, stick to it. The point here is sometimes things go wrong in the market and if you are currently there in the market, that is when you get trapped.

The lesson here is a day trader is not meant to allow market drag so much because of profit.

Correct. Why bother to go thru the difficult part if you already good at something where you are already making profit.
It is just non sense. Why not just continue that after all?

Haven't you tried lookinng for a forum which specialized in stock markets? For crying out loud this is a crypto related forum and of course and it will just confuse stocks over crypto currencies.
You might not find a good answer here.
Activity: 236
Merit: 1
September 17, 2019, 08:46:11 AM
Day trading is not a good idea and i didn't see anyone making money on a daily basis, it is pretty hard truth about trading. I think if you just focus on swing trading and go with long-term time frams you can execute your trades easily and take longer profits. Don't rely to much on Techincal things, try to learn the psychology of the market, after that you can make money.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
September 17, 2019, 08:31:23 AM

its because you don't have patience mate.  As the matter of fact even you make practice everyday through doing trading and you become experts with doing technical analysis it still useless. Because  you cannot control your emotions and you have no patience at all.  You must adjust mate! . Don't lose hope and always remember to avoid being hasty and greedy because it takes time and you should wait for it. Dont give up.    
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
September 17, 2019, 08:26:59 AM

Day trading is a full time work that takes a lot of effort and most of the time, except one have access to insider information, its really difficult to make an headway that would be so obvious to count as a success and its the same everywhere. However, there is a route I know that one can make a sure winning in the day trading aspect regarding stocks is to take away focus from established stocks that have been listed in a while but on IPOs that are coming to the market. For those ones, the margin at the beginning of the day would significantly be different at the end of trading for the day which most times is always on the positives and this is always repeated for the next three days before the wolves will take charge of the entire thing and turn it to a normal trading activity.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
September 17, 2019, 07:59:05 AM

Even if you have spent a lot of time in technical analysis, there’s no such thing as guarantees in what you are doing. No matter if its stocks or crypto, you cannot predict very well if it’s going to go up or down. Although there are pro traders or analysts there who thinks that their results are accurate, but they’re not.

They are not exempted from having wrong predictions. Like last year’s Consensus event in NYC, analysts predicted that BTC will rise, but instead it falls.

Please remember that you’re not alone. There are many of us who are like you too. Nobody succeeds without failing, assessing and adjusting from mistakes.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
September 17, 2019, 12:34:49 AM
As far as I know it's a very short squeeze trading strategy, so it's really hard to make money and there is a big chance that you are going to lose and you have to stay in front of your desktop just to make sure that the price movement  and check your positions. And if you are a noob in crypto or stocks, definitely you will encounter a lot of frustrations because of the difficulty to make money.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2991
September 16, 2019, 10:52:31 PM
Trading intraday is a very risky business. This is not intended for beginners. Day trading gives very little time for reflection; there you need to make decisions quickly. I would recommend trading within longer periods of time.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 362
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 16, 2019, 12:45:27 PM

daily trading is very risky, it's better to trade weekly,
political issues in a country and changes in interest rates greatly affect price changes,
IMO, Better if you join a broker, the profit you will get is little but your risk is very small,
but if you are familiar with high risk and like challenges, do your own research and find the right formula is the right choice,
maybe you can also make some books as a reference.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 574
September 16, 2019, 11:51:33 AM
Day trading needs more skills, patience, and controlling yourself in crypto trading, stocks trading, or else.
If you have all of those things, then you can try to make a profit from stocks, and there is a difference between stocks and crypto.
I think stocks will be related to the economics of the country so you need to spend your time to read what is going on with the economy of the country so you can decide whether to buy or sell the stocks.
In crypto, you can buy and sell in anytime you like, and I think the crypto is not related to the economy of the country.
The crypto will relate to the news on the internet that can make people panic at any time.
But in stocks trading and crypto trading have the same purposes, which are to make a bigger profit as we can so if you are ready with yourself, you can try to do day trading.
Before you try, you need to check everything can run well, including the status of the market so you can analyze without any problem.
But that will work in crypto trading because I am sure that in stocks trading, it will need more than just.
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
September 16, 2019, 11:09:05 AM

sometimes the technical analysis is also not completely accurate, to increase the win rate, you should really refer to the hot news of the day. Sometimes such news will help you judge the price very easily in a few seconds.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
September 16, 2019, 10:23:07 AM
Being expert and skilled traders will not guarantee you to become successful in trading as sometimes it would have to be associated with luck specially in this unhealthy market. You could try your luck as day trader if the market become healthy again so i suggest to wait for the market until it become stable.
We can't just rely on luck in trading instead, we must have to apply all our learnings and strategies that we've been gathered before.
I feel normal to make some losses but how it makes us learn something is a great full day to have. No top traders succeed without suffering such losses, not to think just one but of many(possible) time before they reach from where they are today.
- Luck may be a factor of the game but we cannot control it, and in a game we don't have the initiative, the chances of us losing are too high but with skill and knowledge, we may not guarantee success but we certainly will not fail too much and we will be proactive in this game. And agree with you that failure is so normal in trading days, anyone has certain failures with trading day because the future picture of a market is not something one can predict, don't be sad when we fail, it's important that we win the next days
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 16, 2019, 08:37:52 AM
Technical analysis have some percentage of success around 70-80%, A professional TA always giving a percentage form his analysis around that percentage. We can get a 100% technical analysis to get a profit, sometimes TA makes some people confuse to make a Buy/Sell order.

70-80% is still waaaaay above the average rate of success per trade. It's not just that when you apply TA that you can have 7-8 out of the 10 trades be profitable for you. TA is extremely subjective and can rekt you hard or be generous to you, especially when it comes to an asset class as Bitcoin where the sentiment can literally change in an instant.

Some people lose like 7 trades in a row, but have one successful trade bring them back into green (profit) territory. It all comes down to your understanding, the time frame you are trading, and the risk you are willing to expose yourself to at that specific moment. If TA had a success rate of 70-80% on average it would have been quite a solid profession for people to work towards. Cheesy

Things in trading crypto aren't as rosy as some people may want to pass it off as.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
September 16, 2019, 08:17:30 AM

You are in a crypto environment and you are asking about stocks?

You already said that you have been practicing it for months, I guess that's not enough and you really need to educate and learn more from day trading but it's not at easy as it sounds.

So go and continue to day trade and at least learn from your past mistakes. If you have the chance to record everything then good, at least you have something to look at if something goes wrong. No one can teach you here how to day trade because every individual has is very different specially talking about risk.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
September 16, 2019, 08:10:15 AM
Being expert and skilled traders will not guarantee you to become successful in trading as sometimes it would have to be associated with luck specially in this unhealthy market. You could try your luck as day trader if the market become healthy again so i suggest to wait for the market until it become stable.
We can't just rely on luck in trading instead, we must have to apply all our learnings and strategies that we've been gathered before.
I feel normal to make some losses but how it makes us learn something is a great full day to have. No top traders succeed without suffering such losses, not to think just one but of many(possible) time before they reach from where they are today.
Merit: 556
September 16, 2019, 08:06:08 AM
Many traders failed in day trading, so I guess not only you that have those experience. The difference is many of them can trying again and again because they know that they can learn from the loss. I think they can analyze on which they are making a mistake so they can avoid making the same mistake in the future. But I see that many of us making a mistake on the making a profit because although we already make a profit, we want to make a bigger profit in the trading, so we lose the opportunity to take the profit.

We need to avoid that if we want to get the profit from day trading because, in day trading, we cannot make a stable profit. If you can make 1%-3%, that is a good amount of profit so if you can repeat the process on that day, and then I think your profit will bigger too. And if you can repeat it in the next day and you can get the profit more than 3-5 times in that day, then I am sure that your profit will be bigger at the end of the month. You don't have to regret your failed because you have much time to start over the trading and keep trying to make another profit.
Activity: 698
Merit: 251
September 16, 2019, 07:36:59 AM
day trading is tough  market sentiments affects price a lot this is the challenge of day trading , anyone can put support and resistance and wait for entry , but in day trading predicting market sentiment is most important and this needs experience

Great advise mate day trade is a full time focus job analysts well the potential coins possible to growth in day or 24 hours. And put margin how much percent they want yo resell again their coins in day trade. Good luck always analysts were the mistakes in every mistakes their have a success.
as day trading needs lot of experience and newbies just draw support and resistance , it may work sometimes but not ever-time newbies need to spend lot of time with charts and analysing markets  
Pages:
Jump to: