Pages:
Author

Topic: I fell in love with mechanical keyboards... - page 2. (Read 3245 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
I have one too, made by CM Storm. Completely different from what I was used to in rubber domes.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Click click clack clack

I love that sound.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
I found one of these chunky old style keyboards in my attic the over day. I plugged it in and was surprised to find it still works. The sound they make does feel more reassuring and I seem to be able to type better with them too. They look very retro though, even the modern ones.
They just have a better response rate, even better than ultrapolling USB membrane keyboard.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
very nice stuff you have here Smiley
Activity: 366
I found one of these chunky old style keyboards in my attic the over day. I plugged it in and was surprised to find it still works. The sound they make does feel more reassuring and I seem to be able to type better with them too. They look very retro though, even the modern ones.
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
Well... I would keep using a common one, except that I really want a keyboard that doesn't have ghosting, that would help me a lot.
Using a mechinical one makes too much noise.
Activity: 976
Merit: 575
Cryptophile at large
Thing with mechanical keyboards is they are super loud, it's like the 1990s again. If they could make a quiet mechanical keyboard I would be interested, I prefer to not have everyone hear me clacking away when I type. Haha.
They do make quiet ones, but being able to hear exactly when it clicks is one of the larger benefits of them - or maybe they've accomplished that still with the quieter ones. The clicking sound isn't like the ancient beige serial keyboards with the goofy elasto-cord with the very dull but loud sound, but is generally quick and precise, a bit more like a typewriter (but without the loud belt sound.... or maybe that was just mine... Cheesy).

I think the only reason people like these keyboards are for nostalgia purposes. They do sound nice and whenever I use one it does seem to feel more reassuring for some reason, but I think it's just a physiological thing more than anything else.
Activity: 768
Here is the sound diference between the diferent switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUN93Xz-7pg
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Thing with mechanical keyboards is they are super loud, it's like the 1990s again. If they could make a quiet mechanical keyboard I would be interested, I prefer to not have everyone hear me clacking away when I type. Haha.
They do make quiet ones, but being able to hear exactly when it clicks is one of the larger benefits of them - or maybe they've accomplished that still with the quieter ones. The clicking sound isn't like the ancient beige serial keyboards with the goofy elasto-cord with the very dull but loud sound, but is generally quick and precise, a bit more like a typewriter (but without the loud belt sound.... or maybe that was just mine... Cheesy).
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
i wish i had one  Roll Eyes
Activity: 252
So the main difference is that mechanical keyboards have a spring for every button?
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
You gonna love wooden ones even more.

This one is a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" kind of keyboard.

No, THIS one is a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" kind of keyboard, complete with...

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
Awesome keyboard. Wish I had that stuff. I am still using that old laptop keyboard. :/
Activity: 53
most of those are for gaming right, outside from that i dont see it any benefit.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Activity: 42

sooo where do I place my order?  Grin

wouldnt those keyboards catch on fire, if it was used for a long time. like due to heat?
Activity: 266
I concur. Mechanical keyboards are the best. I type at about 100WPM and there's nothing more satisfying than the sound of the keys going click-clack so fast. It makes me feel like I'm getting serious work done. Smiley
Activity: 768
The lights can be turned off, each key has its own light.

My keyboard has Brown Cherrys good for typing and gaming.

The sound it's just amazing.

I think with this kind of keyboards I went full retarded. 

Just love then

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

sooo where do I place my order?  Grin
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Does it automatically write in that font?!
Cool keyboard, but the light would annoy me after 1 hour lol
Pages:
Jump to: