Pages:
Author

Topic: I found a block !!! - page 4. (Read 8855 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 17, 2014, 05:34:41 AM
congrats ! judging by OP's screenshot though, a much bigger achievement was finding the chrome tab that had your mining stats Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
November 17, 2014, 05:27:00 AM
Congrats, it's it close to a miracle considering it's from an Antminer. You don't need to switch pools, finding another block wouldn't be any time soon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2014, 04:55:30 AM
Too bad you weren't mining on P2Pool, you would've gotten a nice 0.125BTC reward for finding a block! (assuming you would have found it there also..)

Congrats on finding a block in any event!
Activity: 173
Merit: 104
November 16, 2014, 11:11:02 PM
... if you're one of them people that are going to cry "omg i shoulda been mining solo!" you'd never get that block like that, it was a block within that pool, you were the lucky one to give the right share

Can you explain this in further detail? Maybe using a different metaphor? I'm not doubting that you are right, but I have often wondered about this myself, as I once found a block on BTCGuild, and of course, who isn't going to have that thought of "Man, if I had been solo mining"? I'll admit I've never even looked at the source code of a pool, maybe I should, but I thought that the shares i submit to a pool would be the same ones that my miner would submit if I were "mining solo", so to speak (of course, unless the pool sets your miner to only submit shares of a certain difficulty, which I suppose the majority of them do). I'm sure I'm missing some technical detail.
You're mining totally different data depending on where you're mining.
Thanks for the clarification, CK! Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 16, 2014, 11:05:34 PM
... if you're one of them people that are going to cry "omg i shoulda been mining solo!" you'd never get that block like that, it was a block within that pool, you were the lucky one to give the right share

Can you explain this in further detail? Maybe using a different metaphor? I'm not doubting that you are right, but I have often wondered about this myself, as I once found a block on BTCGuild, and of course, who isn't going to have that thought of "Man, if I had been solo mining"? I'll admit I've never even looked at the source code of a pool, maybe I should, but I thought that the shares i submit to a pool would be the same ones that my miner would submit if I were "mining solo", so to speak (of course, unless the pool sets your miner to only submit shares of a certain difficulty, which I suppose the majority of them do). I'm sure I'm missing some technical detail.
You're mining totally different data depending on where you're mining.
Activity: 173
Merit: 104
November 16, 2014, 10:44:28 PM

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 16, 2014, 08:40:12 PM
i want to find a block!  cool even though you were in pool
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
November 16, 2014, 08:10:52 PM
Unfortunately I was pool mining...
But still! One of my Antminer S3+ found a block shortly after I restarted them.

Has anyone else found one?

http://i.imgur.com/GV4PThB.png

EDIT: I've noticed that ghash.io isn't paying as much as the calculators are saying I should get. I will give it a few more days to get it confirmed, but, any pool recommendations?

Awersome, just if you are solo mining.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
November 16, 2014, 08:04:10 PM
Still awesome even if pool mining. Congrats!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 16, 2014, 06:55:27 PM
Rare find indeed. Congratulations. It is good to see non industrial miners in the era of huge scale mining farms and cloud mining.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 16, 2014, 06:52:53 PM
congrats for winning a block lottery  Grin
Activity: 767
November 16, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

its like you a half dozen people walking down the road, you'd be the lucky one to trip on a rock.
go by yourself, you never follow that same path to randomly trip on that rock.

on the other hand, congrats on the find
Activity: 728
November 16, 2014, 05:27:50 PM
That's great! I don't think I've ever found one myself yet. Your problems with Ghash are not uncommon. Switch to a better pool. I use Eligius.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
November 16, 2014, 03:14:33 PM
congratulations  Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
November 16, 2014, 02:56:58 PM
Unfortunately I was pool mining...

Note that I did not receive anything extra for finding it!

But still! One of my Antminer S3+ found a block shortly after I restarted them.

Has anyone else found one?

http://i.imgur.com/GV4PThB.png

EDIT: I've switch to eligius.st pool.
Pages:
Jump to: