Pages:
Author

Topic: I have a proposal to vary the trust system that is used here. - page 2. (Read 994 times)

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I have a proposal to vary the trust system that is used here.

People can have all kinds of trusts which are shown differently for each person; X doesn't trust Y so any trusts that Y gave out don't show up on X's trust list.

A recent glance over the various trust's as they stand on my trust indicator shows examples such as:

• Trust:    128: -0 / +16
  • Trust:    10: -0 / +1
  • Trust:    0: -0 / +0
  • Trust:    0: -1 / +4
  • Trust:    Huh: -1 / +25
  • Trust:    -112: -7 / +16

In each case I can gage how trusted someone is with the dark green / lime green / black / orange / red indices, however none of these show me if a user is on the default trust list, is a level one, two three what ever level of trust.

Three person's can each have

but in each case, one is a newbie with no trust from any one the second I have had a tiff with and so have manually placed them as untrusted in the trust box and the third is on the default trust list.

So, what I propose is this:  The oblique (or forward slash) colour be modified to indicate visually if a person is on the default trust list, has been manually added to the untrusted list or is level zero, one, two, three up to (say) a trust level five.

Everyone starts as a newbie with black as if you never transact with anyone else, you keep your black oblique.

Trust:    0: -0 / +0

The person I have placed on my untrusted list manually eg ~UserXNameHere gets a different colour (say) purple

While someone on the default trust gets another colour again, say brown

which would then give our three users distinct markers

Then it would simply be a matter of assigning another colour again to each of the five trust levels

• Trust:    0: -0 / +0 - blue - trust level 1
  • Trust:    0: -0 / +0 - teal - trust level 2
  • Trust:    0: -0 / +0 - beige - trust level 3
  • Trust:    0: -0 / +0 - maroon - trust level 4
  • Trust:    0: -0 / +0 - pink - trust level 5

You could go to ten trust levels, but who's going to trust someone that obscure...?

Another variation would be to reverse the direction of the Oblique if someone is on the default trust

Trust:    0: -0 \ +0

The above could also be used to indicate someone was once on the DT but is no longer on DT list, or could have their oblique greyed

Trust:    0: -0 / +0 (just pretend it's grey people) Wink

Apologies if I've posted to the wrong forum, I'll shift if someone suggests a better spot for it.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Pages:
Jump to: