Pages:
Author

Topic: I have been scammed. - page 2. (Read 337 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
May 07, 2024, 12:46:39 PM
What is cold storage ??
It means that your private keys (or your seed phrase) should never connect to the internet.
To have a cold storage, you use a trustworthy wallet like electrum on an air-gapped device or go for a hardware wallet.

I should reinstall windows and format c:
Format your hard drive (not only drive C) and then reinstall your operating system.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
May 07, 2024, 10:41:48 AM
I have been scammed, when I tunred the virus off I got scammed, someone opened my electrum and made this transfere.

https://blockstream.info/tx/7c9892789ab0ad5bb0b54d1c7ce71a805a54e2a73d015e0dda8ef9239f1f7fbb

Please help me, is there something I can do about it ??

Sincerley

Firstly sorry for your loss, hopefully you will recover from it.

The next thing is to look for solution to avoid future occurrence, i am a bit confused about your story is it that the transaction was done directly from your device (physical attack) or a through phishing attack or something like s malware on your device. If it is physical attack then you to be extra cautious of who get close to devices that holds your coin.

If it is malware I think you might need to total format your device as the malware would still be on it. If best look towards cold storage. If it is phishing attack then you need to take correction of sites you visit with such devices. Cold storage remains the best solution

What programs to use for finding the malware?

What is cold storage ??

I should reinstall windows and format c:

Best regards
Activity: 336
Merit: 134
May 07, 2024, 09:27:43 AM
The transaction now has 6 confirmations. And like OmegaStarScream mentioned and it is not reversible. Sorry.

Here's what you can do in addition to the advice already given. Do change your password to a strong one and enable additional security measures like using hardware wallets since they have their own two-factor authentication feature. Furthermore do not beat yourself up, it is not the end of the world.

Take it as an opportunity to learn about cyber security practices in cryptocurrency. You could take an online course or two, read articles, YouTube is there to help too and this forum also is another great place to learn about it. Doing so will prevent it from reoccurring in the future.

Activity: 770
Merit: 904
May 07, 2024, 09:13:39 AM
I have been scammed, when I tunred the virus off I got scammed, someone opened my electrum and made this transfere.

https://blockstream.info/tx/7c9892789ab0ad5bb0b54d1c7ce71a805a54e2a73d015e0dda8ef9239f1f7fbb

Sincerley

Firstly sorry for your loss, hopefully you will recover from it.

The next thing is to look for solution to avoid future occurrence, i am a bit confused about your story is it that the transaction was done directly from your device (physical attack) or a through phishing attack or something like s malware on your device. If it is physical attack then you to be extra cautious of who get close to devices that holds your coin.

If it is malware I think you might need to total format your device as the malware would still be on it. If best look towards cold storage. If it is phishing attack then you need to take correction of sites you visit with such devices. Cold storage remains the best solution
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
May 07, 2024, 08:39:58 AM
The transaction already has 4 confirmations, so there's sadly nothing you can do to reverse the transaction.

Since you know it's a malware, make sure to clean your computer properly, and make a completely new wallet afterwards.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
May 07, 2024, 08:38:56 AM

Sincerley
Pages:
Jump to: