Pages:
Author

Topic: I have Doubt - page 2. (Read 464 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 21, 2019, 02:31:39 PM
I am not clear about altcoin system. I actually want to know about altcoin. I am new in digital currency market. So I want to know more about digital currency.

You are quite vague and quite lost.

Shortly: first Bitcoin has been created. It's basically a computer program. A program on which the digital currency called Bitcoin runs (and only Bitcoin).
Then others have seen this and made their own programs. Some more or less different than Bitcoin. Those are altcoins. Each is a different program, each such program supports one such coin.
Then the tokens came. They are a little different and I don't want to confuse you, so I'll stop here.

It's a simple start. Now start searching. It's a lot to learn and people here don't like to spoon-feed others. When you start to get a clue, you can ask more specific questions.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
January 21, 2019, 02:20:18 PM
Hey there at this stage I think it is better to read more rather than ask questions first as you would definitely receive a lot of different answers as your question is pretty general. If you think you have hit a bump or something that you cannot even search then that is the time for you to be asking questions. As a newbie to altcoins you don't really ask where to start but you need to find out for yourself as it is a learning experience for you.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
January 21, 2019, 01:54:38 PM
I am not clear about altcoin system. I actually want to know about altcoin. I am new in digital currency market. So I want to know more about digital currency.
If you know about original invented crypto, first revolution in the world which is Bitcoin. You know by comparison what altcoin is. In general its copy-paste of Bitcoin, with minor changes introduced to it.
So you copy-paste Bitcoin naming it RaimondCoin and change rule of max 12 000 000 coins in circulation to 6 000 000 coins in circulation. There you go, you have your own alt-coin.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 21, 2019, 12:35:02 PM
An altcoin is an digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. Altcoin forks at the blockchain level, an alternate system of consensus rules must be used and the coin will have an entirely different distribute
Activity: 560
Merit: 14
January 21, 2019, 11:21:57 AM
@coin-desk has been very elaborate in his description of what altcoin is in addition altcoins are so many but if you could google coinmarket cap you would see the top 99 altcoin I'm cryptocurrency the list comprise of top 100 coin I excluded bitcoin which is the number one coin because it's not an altcoin
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
January 21, 2019, 03:07:36 AM
"Altcoin" isn't one certain coin. "Altcoins" are pretty much coins that isn't bitcoin; alternative coins.

If you want to know about cryptocurrencies in general, I suggest reading this: https://coindesk.com/information
Activity: 2128
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
January 21, 2019, 02:58:30 AM

If you want to know more about cryptos, the best place is to read up on articles and Google the coins you're interested to learn about. There are plenty of resources and there are no best ones out there, because there's no best one-stop solution.

Alternatively, news publications are a good start, with some below:
CoinTelegraph
Cryptonews

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 21, 2019, 01:38:04 AM
I have Doubt
Pages:
Jump to: