Pages:
Author

Topic: I have lost 8 letters of my Ethereum private key - page 2. (Read 1081 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
How have you lost the letters is a big question, once you create a letter you should not only write down the private letters and store in your documents case but also store it at some private place in your computer or phone and finally at some online cloud place where only you have access with 2 FA code. I do not think if lost these letters can be guessed correctly or recovered.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Sorry about that mate, but I have no seen or heard of anyone who can help retrieve private keys. They are called private keys because they are meant to be private to us alone and any loss means we should forget the account. Why not you try retracing your steps maybe you can find where you stored it.
Activity: 524
Merit: 100
io.ezystayz.com
Hi there
I have lost the last 8 letters of my ethereum wallet private keys. I wonder if there is a way to restore those letters. I searched the net and found out that it is possible to do it usuing a C or Python program.
If you know a way to solve my problem , please let me know
thanks 
You are in big trouble bro 8 letterd is too long, better to backup your copy of your privatekey next time, its impossible to recover your lost 8 letter, backup copy of our privatekey is very important always remember that.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
Brute force cannot recover that missing 8 letters that are too long to brute force because there are so many combinations to consider, consider this as a lost key and be sure to always have a back up copy of your private key, it's our obligation to protect our private key and make it accessible to us anytime and anywhere.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
https://primedao.eth.link/#/
I think your chances of restoring your funds are very limited. This is the more reason why anytime you are creating any wallet, it is recommended that you keep an offline back up of your passphrase and keys. I just hope the funds in there is not that much to cause you much harm.
Surely it will never recover. If the private key is lost or the recovery character is lost, our money will be lost forever. That's why everyone must store their private keys and really careful characters and never lose it
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
I think your chances of restoring your funds are very limited. This is the more reason why anytime you are creating any wallet, it is recommended that you keep an offline back up of your passphrase and keys. I just hope the funds in there is not that much to cause you much harm.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Hi there
I have lost the last 8 letters of my ethereum wallet private keys. I wonder if there is a way to restore those letters. I searched the net and found out that it is possible to do it usuing a C or Python program.
If you know a way to solve my problem , please let me know
thanks 
I think you should give up that wallet. Let's see if it's your mistake to be careless in storing letters.
I have also done many private key sequences of MEW wallets and I only accept that I have lost money.
Be careful for future times and you should store it in gmail and offline spreadsheets.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
Unfortunately, if any part of your private key is lost, there is no way of restoring it. Besides you have made an offline copy where everything is written. You can also try to guess, but you do not need to be smart to realise that the chances are almost zero.
I am constantly convinced that it is because of their fault that cryptocurrency users lose their money, and not because of the imperfection of the technology.  Already a million times each of us speaks about all sorts of risks and how to protect ourselves, but mistakes still continue to be made.
Activity: 672
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
I think there's no way for restore your private key and it's impposiblle. With this you get experience and will make you more careful to store your private key.
Activity: 560
Merit: 28
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
Sorry pal it can't be recovered,8 words is too much and if I may ask how did you lost it in the first place?its weird to lost 8 words from your recovery seeds when its all written in a place,can you at least explain?
Activity: 350
"In CryptoEnergy we trust"
I dont think it can be recovered, and i believe there is no possible way, because it is very complex to remember and i think there is no programs out there that could retrieve those missing letters, if there is, then there could be a lot hackers nowadays, just understanding the situation of yourself now, if there is a program that could recovered, then there could be thousands of scammers nowadays, the best thing to do is to create another one, and keep it in the safest place on earth.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 4
This is a very serious issue, i don't think you can recover your private key cause the missing letters are just much. It would have been easier id it were just one or two letters missing. Next time be very careful with your keys
K4C
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
You need to provide more details, for example if the wallet is already logged into an app like imtoken, you can easily recover the private key as long as you still have access to your password, but if that is not the case, I think there is no way to recover it, if it was possible, everybody's wallets would be vulnerable to attack.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
That is a big lost to yr side as restoring it is not sure , bcis non one is having or holding any if the character and it usually writing to never loss or share with anyone as that is the key to access all yr funds but now that you lost it I dont think there is remedy to it .

So u need to always write down yr private key in a private place that you can be sure to always get hands on anytime you wish.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
8 letters? It it same like you lost the whole private key, so many possible combinations.  Cry
I wonder how it ever happened? You wrote the key on paper and the paper get wet?   Huh
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
Probably https://walletrecoveryservices.com/ would be a good idea.

They are professionals and have a good reputation in the forum
As coding enthusiastt said it is doable.
So if they can figure out the private key of him. Means that, none of our private key is safe here?
Sorry for this conclusion, but it makes me wonder. Imagine if i want to solve someone private's key but pretend that it's my address?

I agree no wallet can be safe I wonder ho ware they going to do that, but if it's only 4 to 8 letter of private key they can brute force it, but if we are talking about the whole private key, then we are all in trouble, they should have a limitation on how they are going to retrieve those private keys
copper member
Activity: 714
Merit: 5
I think this is a lesson for all of us, we should keep the Private key carefully, so back up multiple copies with paper, and should not save PK on the computer
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
If you lose your private key, I don't think there is a way to restore it
Next time make sure you save your private key in a safe place so it doesn't disappear
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
What wallet do you use? if you use MEW, there is actually another option, namely Keystore. therefore, I always save my keystore to open the wallet for fear that the private key will be forgotten. and after opening through the keystore, you can look back at your private key.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 263
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I have also accidentally lost the key to my ethereum wallet, and I can still open my wallet with the keystore / json file that I downloaded when creating the ethereum wallet, you can also do this if the password when creating your wallet still remembers and you save, because after entering the keystore / json file, the next step is to enter the password we entered when creating the wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: