Pages:
Author

Topic: I Have Question About Bitcoin Wallet! - page 2. (Read 259 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
April 04, 2019, 09:23:46 AM
Is it fine to scan a QR code with the background of it is in silver or gold color? I mean, in QR codes it is usually a combination of black and white color right?

It is not the main idea of this thread imho but as I know QR code can be in any color as long as there is enough contrast between the background and the foreground.
Back to the main idea which is about the safeness of buying such real coin to be used as a wallet. I dont think it is safe as the creator knows the private key, if you want to order it then you have to make sure that you order it in trusted person or company. For me, I would buy it for souvenir only or a collectible things. It is always better to store our coins in a secure wallet where we are the only one who knows the private key.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 04, 2019, 09:12:14 AM
Is it fine to scan a QR code with the background of it is in silver or gold color? I mean, in QR codes it is usually a combination of black and white color right?
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
April 04, 2019, 09:05:56 AM
If you order one then I guess that the private key that is embedded in that coin has a copy which is disturbing. I guess it would be best if you can create one on your own. If you have a trusted local shop there then you can embed one, I won't buy such cold storage like that.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 04, 2019, 09:05:14 AM
Wasn;'t exactly clear on what you wanted to know. But seems like you want to know if you buy this kind of a coin from someone, then will it be safe or not. The simple answer is no it won't be, because the seller would have had access to the private key. Only buy from reputed sellers selling the same. Even then, withdraw the bitcoins from the address because it will be known to the seller in the future as well.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
April 04, 2019, 09:03:36 AM
I'm pretty sure there's no way to know, unless the person who has access did a transaction.

It looks like that. But I want to buy it somewhere. Or I'll create an order who can.
I would heavily suggest against this. For you to ask someone to make one, they'd need to have access to the private keys. aaaand that's something you definitely don't want to give access to anyone.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 670
April 04, 2019, 08:40:14 AM
Suppose we have a Bitcoin wallet. Is it possible to understand whether there is no access to this wallet for any purpose?

There will be people who wonder why I ask this question. Because I ask, I want to print a piece of metal wallet. Or rather a wallet sold in this way. There are QR codes on both sides of this wallet and one is Private and the other is Public key.

It looks like that. But I want to buy it somewhere. Or I'll create an order who can.
So I have to know that someone access ever in this wallet or not. It is a great way of keepin BTC but it is hard to trust someone.
Pages:
Jump to: