Pages:
Author

Topic: I haven't received my bitcoins - page 2. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
Thank you i did and find ewerything you told me.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
December 05, 2017, 01:40:38 AM
Its my first time. i buy bitcoin , downloaded Bitcoin Armory, deposit bitcoins.
Now i have no bitcoin in my walet, my wallet is offline, it did not make that synchroni zation.
I find out that i need to install Bitcoin core, but i dont want to, its to big for my pc.
How do i get back my bitcoins,thx.
Then you need to export the private keys and then import them into another Bitcoin wallet

1. Wallet Properties
2. Backup This Wallet
3. See other backup options
4. select "export keys list"
5. click "export keys list"
6. Select "Address String", "Private key (Plain Base58)", "Include unused (Address Pool)", "Omit spaces in key data"

All your addresses/private keys will be displayed in the text window. You should be able to see the key that matches the address you sent bitcoins to. You can either copy/paste or save to a text file etc...

Then get another wallet that allows you to import (or sweep) private keys... I'd recommend Electrum (electrum.org/#download) given that you don't want a full node.

December 04, 2017, 02:54:51 PM
Helo, need help.
Its my first time. i buy bitcoin , downloaded Bitcoin Armory, deposit bitcoins.
Now i have no bitcoin in my walet, my wallet is offline, it did not make that synchroni zation.
I find out that i need to install Bitcoin core, but i dont want to, its to big for my pc.
How do i get back my bitcoins,thx.
Activity: 1
December 03, 2017, 06:16:54 PM
I'm having a similar problem, I've installed Armory, I have the bitcoin daemon synced up, Armory tells me I'm online and nodes are connected, but I'm not seeing the BTC in my wallet.  I can see the transaction online to the receive address but I can't see the transaction or balance in Armory.  Any suggestions?
Peg
Activity: 41
November 30, 2017, 02:14:04 AM
So if I understand well I have two ways to get back my btc:
- download 150 gigabyte date
- export the keys from Armory and receive btc on another client like etherum

don't forget to claim bch and bcg also , if the btc still has old fork!
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
November 29, 2017, 05:06:26 PM
Yes.
82b
November 29, 2017, 03:17:29 PM
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
November 17, 2017, 02:43:40 AM
Exporting the keys is described here - you just need the key for the bitcoin address you actually used:
http://docs.bitshares.org/muse/migration/howto-exporting-wallet-clients.html  (near the bottom of the page).
Just one thing to add regarding this... as your Armory is not synced (and never will be without the Bitcoin Core block data to work with)... you will need to make sure that you tick the box that says "include unused (Address Pool)"... Otherwise, NONE of your private keys will show up.

I'd also recommend ticking the "Address String" box as well... that way you can find the private key for the address you actually used... rather than importing ALL of them Wink
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
November 16, 2017, 04:15:29 AM
Exporting the keys is described here - you just need the key for the bitcoin address you actually used:

http://docs.bitshares.org/muse/migration/howto-exporting-wallet-clients.html  (near the bottom of the page).

Then you can import it into another client (like Electrum).

The reason you have to download the entire blockchain is that it is the only way you can verify that you actually did receive the bitcoins, without trusting anybody else.  Other wallets like Electrum rely on a pool of servers that do this work for you.
Activity: 1
November 15, 2017, 04:45:26 PM
Hi,

So, I am experiencing the same issue. I sent BTC from Coinbase to my wallet and am not seeing anything. So what you are saying is that I have to download 150 gigs in order for the transaction to process??? For real??? If I would have known that's how this works I wouldn't have downloaded the wallet in the first place. You said I use the private keys? Can you explain this more in depth. I'm not so tech savvy and need some help. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Activity: 2
November 14, 2017, 06:12:21 AM
Ah ha!

I thought I had the bitcoin core ... been a while since i've used my wallet, thanks!!!
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
November 14, 2017, 06:06:51 AM
In the bottom right corner of the Armory window it says Node Offline, I wonder if this is the problem?
Yes, that is exactly the problem.

You need to have Bitcoin Core installed and synchronized with the block chain.  After installing Bitcoin Core, start it and let it download the blockchain.  It is a 150 GB download and takes a few days on a fast machine with a fast internet connection.  Once Bitcon Core is up to date, you can use Armory, and the full power of a very advanced bitcoin wallet is at your fingertips.  But there is this hurdle to pass first.  Wink

If downloading 150 GB of blockchain data is a no-no, then you can click on the wallet and select Wallet Properties.  There you can find a dialog for exporting the private keys.  You can then import them into another wallet.

Activity: 2
November 14, 2017, 05:15:00 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help, in my wallet I haven't received some bitcoins I purchased yesterday, they have been confirmed on the block chain : https://blockchain.info/tx/beb0119a500ee2f1031c417631975862aa7b4415bc09b0e2d71252fb345e3a8e

but they aren't in my wallet. I've re scanned my balance and checked to see if there is anything wrong with my wallet but it says nothing is. In the bottom right corner of the Armory window it says Node Offline, I wonder if this is the problem?

Thanks, please help,

Pages:
Jump to: