Pages:
Author

Topic: I just cashed out my lot of Bitcoins for Gold. Here's why. - page 4. (Read 6277 times)

legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
If Bitcoins and the internet were to collapse then Gold would be right there right it. Gold is shiny and all, but just as much perceived value as Bitcoin/money.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
- The NSA has full control of Bitcoin through holes in SHA-256 and DSA that the mass of the public has yet to find. The whole blockchain might find itself worthless within the decade.

oh shit! Thanks for telling me, I didn't know that. Thank you thank you thank you. Will sell all my coins right away.

seriously, dude. The bolder the claim the better the evidence needs to be. You have none.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Yeah, you forgot about the space jews.

Thanks for all the false information! The NSA has control of SHA256... media bubble has faded... etc. We have a name for that... FUD ;-)

ITT some kid buys lots of gold certs with his bitcoins and thinks he's ready for when the SHTF. Good luck with that bro! Hopefully you kept at least one bitcoin  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Is't SHA-2 a closed source function mate by National Security Agency?

That term does not apply to it.

It's not provably secure, which means it wasn't derived from a mathematical proof. What OP is basically claiming is that it would be provably insecure, which would be the equivalent of being constructed in such a way that there is one mathematically proven error in it. Not that there would be any evidence for it, it's a claim out of the blue which makes about as much sense as claiming that the NSA monitors your masturbation habits.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Is't SHA-2 a closed source function mate by National Security Agency?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

in the investing enviroment of gold, NYSE new york stock exchange with brokers where big amounts of commodities are traded is safe and have small spread.

i dont want to believe you are thinking the investors are moving tons of gold and silver from one place to another during all the day, are you?

If you want to spend some usd in gold and keep them for at least a year its ok buy phyisical gold ounces, but if you are a day trader you have to move in another level

Ah, well in this case... agreed. Daytrading is not realistic with physical assets of course. Then again, considering the low price of metals, I would of figured you to be in for a longer term. I have physical silver, price averaging as the market goes down as the price is very difficult to predict with the 'growing strength' of the US dollar (  Roll Eyes )

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
safe and have small spread

Right up until it isn't.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
what's the cost to sell a gold coin? I know the dealer spread is disgusting

Where I am I can do that at any bank. That's pretty much the only reason to own gold for me. Spreads are around 10%, 6 for full ounces I think.

i have an online broker who trades gold with a spread of 1.5 usd Wink

buying physical gold ounces at the corner store is for begginers

Buying precious metal where you can't physically touch it means you do not really own it. It's like the US government has never taken gold away from the population during unstable economic conditions...

in the investing enviroment of gold, NYSE new york stock exchange with brokers where big amounts of commodities are traded is safe and have small spread.

i dont want to believe you are thinking the investors are moving tons of gold and silver from one place to another during all the day, are you?

If you want to spend some usd in gold and keep them for at least a year its ok buy phyisical gold ounces, but if you are a day trader you have to move in another level
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
Buying precious metal where you can't physically touch it means you do not really own it. It's like the US government has never taken gold away from the population during unstable economic conditions...

Therefore the problem is to keep your stash where uncle Sam cannot touch it.
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
OP should change his name to "Elmer FUD" and continue making these predictions. It would be even more amusing!

+1

and who do u work for? the fed?
legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
- The NSA has full control of Bitcoin through holes in SHA-256 and DSA that the mass of the public has yet to find. The whole blockchain might find itself worthless within the decade.

On a second thought, with all this PRISM, Barak-doors and NSA-inside our puters, I guess that they could do quite some damage to bitcoin if they really want to.
So maybe for the moment they are not so interested or they found some utility for them in it (everybody likes underground transactions).

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Where I am I can do that at any bank. That's pretty much the only reason to own gold for me. Spreads are around 10%, 6 for full ounces I think.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
OP: registered june 3
Says he sold everything on june 8

Wow, that was fast!

The price is going down

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/

Huge sell walls and no buying power... at mt gox orders
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
legendary
Bitcoin is antisemitic
- Fluids! Always protect and preserve your precious bodily fluids!

Too late. The bitches sucked me dry already.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
To those looking at this from the futureBåc߀ԉ ìpѕüϻ Ꮷ߀ɭor ѕït åmët ϻ߀llit cɦück sɦáԉklë հãϻƅurgér åлᏧoùiɭɭê, uɭɭɑmcò bresâoɭɑ culpå ϻèatƃɑll ƃrïsket ût ìd ϳërƙy ɋùí. Ciɭlüm ìncïdiԁûԉt t-ƃoné ԁesérúnt, salɑϻi cɦìcƙën éú qúí ρãлcëttâ tùrdückèn. Bàcoԉ pïg coϻmòԁ߀ briѕket, chùcƙ véлìѕoԉ conseqüàt ѕunt fílét míɢn߀л ɑᏧìρïsïciԉɢ ѕwìԉe ɦãϻƅurɢër iԁ. Bɑll tiρ ϻêàtɭòäf íл brëѕáolä ѵeɭít do èхcéρtèür ѕèᏧ հàϻƃürǥèr

I'm looking at this from the future, but I don't understand what you wrote because it seems to have been corrupted in the last forum move.
Activity: 33
Through a hole in your browser I have full control to your computer. I feel sorry that the single Bitcoin you bought the same day as you registered here at June 4 has lost 10% since. But I feel I need to tell you that you won't get a 1/10 ounce Maple Leaf for a Bitcoin.
Nice guess but you're far off. Feel free to decimate this computer. It's not mine.
Pages:
Jump to: