Pages:
Author

Topic: I just discovered Bitmit is closing down - page 2. (Read 12679 times)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250
November 10, 2013, 05:50:33 PM

The status of the withdrawal  has now changed to 'pending' for me.

Same here.

Pending.   It always was instant before  Sad
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
November 10, 2013, 03:37:52 PM
It could be possible that their low fees does not sufficiently sustain the business
Activity: 26
November 10, 2013, 06:50:42 AM
I tried withdrawal with no issues yesterday. Got it within an hour as the system stated.

A pity that this site is going down, I liked it alot for it's simplicity and lightweight, and the ease of use for seller and buyers wise. I looked at the other 2 alternatives but they are not there yet.
Activity: 271
November 10, 2013, 04:14:46 AM
Reporting back in to say my withdrawal went through fine. They must have been backlogged by requests the other day.

At least my funds are safe. Still a sad day though Sad
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
November 09, 2013, 11:55:56 PM
That's too bad, the site never got a chance to really take off.  I've been to it shopping a few times, but they didn't have what I was looking for.  Would've been really cool if it became a significant competitor to E-bay.
Activity: 399
November 09, 2013, 11:44:55 PM
The Article NOT the address.
uk1
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 09, 2013, 10:53:49 PM
企業資料
辦公地址: 香港九龙官塘鸿图道21号讯科中心B20楼F室

(Flat B20/F, Infotech Center No.21 Hung To Road Kwun Tong, Kowloon Hong Kong)

https://www.bitmit.net/en/info/contact
Activity: 399
November 09, 2013, 10:37:49 PM
Many of these businesses in Hong Kong are illegal or trading without a license.
This may not be the case with 'Bitmit' , but every other 'business' I have 'called out' usually ends up  shouting about being a troll.

It seems many of these so called 'businesses' just do not like people fishing about in their  background.
Currently I have  'calls out' on about 5 'businesses' that have been traced to Hong Kong,  Three I have enquiries with the 'FSC' and two with the  government business registration.
Sofar no licenses can be found.

There was a VERY interesting article in the Apple daily yesterday about bitcoin and massive frauds in China & HK..  one exchange registered as a business in HK has just run off , others are operating under 'money changers' licenses.

I'm very close the registered address of bitmit…. if someone can supply me with a copy of the  bitcoin article I can go take a look…….

Activity: 32
November 09, 2013, 03:12:11 PM
If you need an alternative to Bitmit, try HalfPriceDigital.com  You can auction/buy stuff for BTC using your Coinbase account and you can also buy/sell for fiat using PayPal and Skrill.

I wonder if Bitmit is having regulatory problems regarding their escrow service.  I think offering escrow requires some government licenses, which is why we don't have an escrow system on HalfPriceDigital.com
legendary
Activity: 879
Merit: 1001
November 08, 2013, 07:07:29 PM
Never in any doubt!
The BTC are halfway into my wallet right now.

Why on earth was I panicking?

Activity: 368
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site
November 08, 2013, 07:01:37 PM
I would suggest looking at cryptothrift.com

We've been experiencing a huge amount of new registrations and listings.. Give it a shot and let us know if there's anything we can do better Smiley

We're running a promotional offer till the end of the year where only transaction fees are being charged on sold items across the site, so it's nearly free to sell Smiley

We also support Litecoin alongside Bitcoin!

See you around guys!
legendary
November 08, 2013, 06:41:03 PM
In the last hour I have had the email asking me to confirm that the withdrawal request of the 6.95 BTC from my Bitmit wallet  is mine and I clicked on the link in it.
I then confirmed.
The status of the withdrawal  has now changed to 'pending' for me.
I will report on the transaction the minute it hits my wallet.

I should add  that I sent a DM to Tosaki voicing my concerns and he was kind enough to reply instantly explaining the technical problems and he assured me I had nothing to worry about.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
November 08, 2013, 06:30:24 PM
They have just removed all listings from the site, two days after the announcement of shutting it down..
You can't even view sellers or buyer's reputation right now.
They also, keep changing the deadline, two days ago it was "in four weeks", yesterday it was "in two-three weeks", today it's "in two weeks".
They also were stating until yesterday that placing new orders will work until 13th of November, but they removed all listings today (which effectively makes it impossible to place new orders) and now saying to "complete all orders asap!".

Something is really fishy here, are they actually gonna close down the site with all funds in escrow few days after the announcement?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
November 08, 2013, 03:34:16 PM
 Sad ... Sorry bro, it is not a done deal you might get the coins back.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 03:23:10 PM
Site not there....just this message

Error 521:
Website is offline The server may be down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

I feel sick.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 03:09:05 PM
Now the site is unavailable.
Undergoing maintenance
 Shocked
legendary
November 08, 2013, 02:59:07 PM
I have just under 7 BTC in my wallet at Bitmit.
I have just tried to do a small withdrawal to my local wallet and got a message saying that a confirmation email would be sent to me. That was 30 minutes ago and one hasn't arrived yet.
I have looked on the site and in my transaction history list the latest entry says "Queued
Waiting for Email confirmation"
I have sent Bitmit support a message telling them all this and asking how long I will have to wait but have had no reply yet.
The last time I withdrew 6 months ago you didn't have to receive an email and it was almost instant.
This is beginning to worry me.
Should I be worried?
 Undecided
retry doing the withdrawal.
I have just requested the withdrawal of  the rest of my balance and there's nothing left in there to withdraw now.
Exactly the same thing is happening with this one too.
No email sent to me.
 Sad
uk1
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 08, 2013, 02:53:42 PM
I have just tried to do a small withdrawal to my local wallet and got a message saying that a confirmation email would be sent to me. That was 30 minutes ago and one hasn't arrived yet.
I have looked on the site and in my transaction history list the latest entry says "Queued
I have sent Bitmit support a message telling them all this and asking how long I will have to wait but have had no reply yet.
The last time I withdrew 6 months ago you didn't have to receive an email and it was almost instant.
Should I be worried?
 Undecided
retry doing the withdrawal.
Activity: 271
November 08, 2013, 02:52:38 PM
Should I be worried?
 Undecided

I also appear to be having withdrawal issues. While I only have ~.43 BTC in my account, it's still concerning...
legendary
Activity: 2240
November 08, 2013, 02:50:00 PM
This is really disappointing! :/ I really hope that someone buys it. I love how easy it is to buy and sell on the site. I recently sold an item on Ebay for the first time in five years and was horrified by the fees, the Paypal holds and scammy buyers. I won't be selling on Ebay again. Bitmit with its reasonable fees, pricing flexibility, awesome buyers and trust will certainly be missed. I might have to look at setting up shop at coingig or Cryptothrift though if someone doesn't purchase the site.

yo sup man i bought from u before
Pages:
Jump to: