Pages:
Author

Topic: I just got a stupid phishing attemp email! - page 2. (Read 806 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
January 17, 2017, 09:30:32 AM
Its not really surprising anymore but thank you for the warning regarding on this on which i do recieve this kind of emails and actually there are lots of them like blockchain investments,amounts that are credited on my payeer,paypal accounts which is trully unbelievable and very suspicious.First of seeing on the senders email you will directly tell that its a total scam or phishing attempt.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
January 17, 2017, 09:21:01 AM
Thanks for the warning but I guess only careless people can be hook on that kind of trap. Its really obvious of phishing attempt. It should be reported and someone should send nukes on that site until it down Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
January 17, 2017, 09:18:36 AM
Awesome! Thank you for sharing this with us. I remember also receiving some phishing emails but I don't actually share it with others - I do however mark it as a phishing email to my email provider (I use Outlook.com and Gmail). Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
January 17, 2017, 09:09:50 AM
I just got a stupid email for a phishing attempt and thought I should share it here and warn!

it was claiming to be from paypal and said $50 was sent from my account and I should click on the link provided to confirm a charge back.

the stupid parts are these:
- it contained a shortened URL, with t.co !
- the email address was not even similar to paypal.com it was something like information.somthing.com!!
- the shortened URL lead to paypal[dot]com[dot]customer-summary-limited[dot]com/signin/ as you can see the domain name is customer-summary-limited[dot]com and it has a sub with paypal in it trying to fool others!

p.s. you can always open short URLs with an online tool, just google open short URL (I used http://checkshorturl.com/)
p.p.s. my antivirus warned me that this URL is phishing Cheesy I love Eset
p.p.p.s. I reported that email to yahoo as phishing, and you should always do this too, it helps with the filtering of these type of Emails.
Pages:
Jump to: