Pages:
Author

Topic: I just made 1 BTC for a few hours googling! Come find your own African gold! - page 2. (Read 1473 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
The lion roars!
Hey, you're right to be skeptical of people you don't know making offers online. But trust the blockchain, that BTC1.0 is in my wallet for a certainty. Check back in a while and I'm sure it'll be the same for janome, Shutz and whoever else contributes.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I'm skeptical but maybe I should check it out.
The lion roars!
Thanks to Shutz, who just put up 2 Kenyan and 1 general African forums. They look fine to me, Shutz, but weex gets final say on your BTC0.0075.
The lion roars!
Thanks to janome, who just posted a list of 13 forums in Kenya.

If the sites check out for weex, you just made BTC0.0325, janome!
The lion roars!
For me, mining is the ideal passive income stream. If you read those Rich Dar Poor Dad books, that's basically what the guy advises people to find. I think he makes good sense there.

I've been mining maybe two weeks, but with a little active Google searching I made more than 2 week's mining in a few hours. So, I'm definitely going to look for opportunities to earn more, not to mention get involved in Bitcoin business. But following Kiyosaki's advice, I'll keep reinvesting some of my profits (1/2 if I can be that disciplined) into more passive income streams. I believe my passive coin stream will scale up nicely with investment in a serious mining rig.
Activity: 10
Mining remains the only viable option in my opinion
The lion roars!
For real, I've got like 20 of those faucet and click sites bookmarked, I hit them now and then if I'm bored... but the payouts take forever to reach a worthwhile sum. So for me, 1 Bitcoin for a bit of simple searching was a great find. Hell, I'd still be grinding away at it, but I figure it's time to give everyone else a chance and hopefully bring the opportunities of Africa to light.

I'm also doing some mining, Litecoin and PPCoin. Just got a single 5850 for mining, it's making me maybe 3 Litecoin and 5 PPCoin a week, which is OK but I'd like to expand. What are you mining / running, out of interest?
Activity: 27
I have a bit of experience with "paid to click" and "paid to view" and it doesn't really pay out. Many hours of mind numbing clicking and zero payouts.
 Imho the best way to go is mining. Still digging thou
The lion roars!
Hey guys,

This forum is awesome, it's been really lucky for me! My very first post won me BTC0.01, and a search here for Bitcoin in my country led me to a bounty for African forums over on Bitcoin.co.ke. The bounty was BTC0.01 per forum!

Considering all the competitions, faucets, paid-click sites and such that newbies (myself included) visit for rewards in the satoshis, I could hardly believe my good fortune. No one had claimed any of this bounty since weex posted it in January. Bitcoin has risen a lot since then, so I checked with weex that his offer was still valid before I dove in with a list of 100 South African forums. He kept his side of the bargain although I don't think he expected me to hit the offer so hard (I'm now organising the data in Excel and also signed on as a moderator for the forum, so on balance I feel it's a fair day's work for a fair day's pay).

The reward has now been lowered to BTC0.0025 for each forum. Still good money, about $1.20 for 4 search hits at Bitcoin's current pricing - and who knows how much more those BTC will be worth in future? Just like with mining, the earlier you get in the better you do... And there's still plenty more coin to find!

It seems I've got enough of the South African forums (fora?) to satisfy weex, but this leaves Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt and some other heavyweight African countries! There's also all the up-and-coming nations (check out Botswana, one of the fastest growing economies in the world), and they're all yours to investigate as of right now!

Here are the criteria weex will be checking for in your results:

1) The forum must be exclusively African, not an African sub-forum on some larger international forum.
2) The forum must have recent activity no older than two months.
3) No duplicates will be credited. First poster of a forum gets the credit, no one else.
4) Make sure the site is working properly, try checking it with another browser if possible.
5) No more South African sites.

And here are some of my tips to make your work easier:

1) Organise your results by a single country per post.
2) Number your results to make counting your earnings easier on weex.
3) Please follow the format I laid out: forum name, link, brief description of the forum's primary focus.
4) Google, more so than Bing which I also tried, seems to give the best results with the following search term: "[country] + [topic] forum"
5) When seeking topics, I had good results from cars, sport and hobbies, pretty much in that order.
6) If you get stuck, try some of my forum themes but just change the country!

That's it! Go forth and and search out your Bitcoins! ->The link to the bounty thread is right here.<- Good luck!

P.S. I'm really amped to see the launch of Bitcoin-based African business. There's a ton of opportunity here in Africa, waiting patiently to be recognised by the world just like weex's outsize bounty went unnoticed for months... Wake up to the the giant opportunity that is Africa, guys! Help us identify, research, and fund the next African Bitcoin success story over in this new thread.
Pages:
Jump to: