Pages:
Author

Topic: I know how provably fair works but... - page 2. (Read 1296 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
December 06, 2015, 10:19:39 AM
Both are exploitable so I'm going with no.

Are they?
It doesn't matter how the server seed is created. That's the idea of provably fair.
Why doesn't it matter?
Because the combination of server and client seed are creating the result, not one of those independently.

You can enter your client seed, basically anything you like,
so the server seed can be exactly the same, anything they like.
They are exploitable by the player. Same thing as hufflepuff in a nutshell
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
December 06, 2015, 10:18:33 AM

Are they?
It doesn't matter how the server seed is created. That's the idea of provably fair.
Why doesn't it matter?
Because the combination of server and client seed are creating the result, not one of those independently.

You can enter your client seed, basically anything you like,
so the server seed can be exactly the same, anything they like.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1011
All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed
December 06, 2015, 10:12:11 AM
Hey there, well I suppose nearly everyone on this board has heard about provably fair and how it is user verifiable etc. The client seed is entered by user, nonce is "created" by adding 1 successively after every roll, but how is server seed created, which script/algorith does it use to create a random string of letters? Does it differ from site to site?

I am very interested in the correct answer

thank you for the question
4 Mana 7/7
December 06, 2015, 10:03:02 AM
I think its created from the machine time based on the nano/microsecond or put thru a rand function kind of like what you see in Microsoft Excel.

Probably next to impossible to guess.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
December 06, 2015, 10:02:12 AM
Hey there, well I suppose nearly everyone on this board has heard about provably fair and how it is user verifiable etc. The client seed is entered by user, nonce is "created" by adding 1 successively after every roll, but how is server seed created, which script/algorith does it use to create a random string of letters? Does it differ from site to site?

I think its created from the machine time based on the nano/microsecond or put thru a rand function kind of like what you see in Microsoft Excel.

Probably next to impossible to guess.
4 Mana 7/7
December 06, 2015, 09:03:02 AM
Pages:
Jump to: