Pages:
Author

Topic: I learned about airgapped wallets - page 2. (Read 261 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 106
October 25, 2023, 01:49:18 AM
What you said is right; it's just that most of the communities in this forum are already aware of what you described, and the novices are already aware of what you said. All that is required for proper implementation is the proper implementation.

In addition, even though I don't have a hardware wallet other than the electrum wallet I use, I haven't had any issues as long as I know the private key and seed of my personal wallet address account. My account is absolutely secure. Furthermore, it is vital to always update when the electrum notifies.
Activity: 56
Merit: 5
October 25, 2023, 12:25:13 AM
I found out about airgapped wallets in the cryptocurrency world. They're super secure because they're not connected to the internet. Here's what I learned:

1. Your private keys are kept safe offline, so hackers can't get them online.
2. They can't be tricked by online scams (phishing).
3. You need to manually do transactions, so no accidental ones.
4. They're great for long-term storage of your cryptocurrency.

airgapped wallets are a very safe way to protect your digital money. If you want to keep your cryptocurrency secure, consider using one.

Here's how to setup airgapped wallet in electrum.

steps:
1. Download Electrum onto an offline computer.
2. Generate a wallet on the offline computer and write down the provided seed phrase.
3. Use this wallet to create receiving addresses.
4 .Create and sign transactions on the offline wallet.
5. Transfer transaction details to an online computer for broadcasting.

This process maintains the security of your private keys by keeping them offline. Feel free to point out any mistakes or uncertainties.
Pages:
Jump to: