Pages:
Author

Topic: I lose my wallet ! Help and Rewards - page 2. (Read 530 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 424
August 23, 2022, 11:16:51 AM
I was mining bitcoin in 2012 and I had a wallet with several bitcoins. I deleted bitcoin files using CCleaner in 2015. yes I made a mistake because I didn't know what bitcoin was for. Shortly after, my computer broke down, but I have a hard drive and it was converted to RAW format. I tried everything to convert the raw hard drive to NTFS format but without success. I tried several data recovery programs but I can't find the bitcoin files. (This hard drive SATA)

There is another hard drive where I mined Bitcoin in 2010 and that hard drive is working and files were not overwritten, but file recovery program cannot find bitcoin qt files. (This hard drive İDE)

I waiting for your ideas and suggestions.

Look up whatever latest software forensic professionals are using. I know Recuva but that is very casual, you would need the best in the game, probably external tools and hardware. Avoid all of these dodgy "give me your HDD and we will give you back your coins".

Also are you sure you used NTFS format? try FAT32. It was still used back then. Always backup the data before doing format conversions.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
August 23, 2022, 08:44:22 AM
I was mining bitcoin in 2012 and I had a wallet with several bitcoins. I deleted bitcoin files using CCleaner in 2015. yes I made a mistake because I didn't know what bitcoin was for. Shortly after, my computer broke down, but I have a hard drive and it was converted to RAW format. I tried everything to convert the raw hard drive to NTFS format but without success. I tried several data recovery programs but I can't find the bitcoin files. (This hard drive SATA)

Are you sure you had bitcoins back in 2012?

What format have you been able to recover files in so far? Have the recovery programmes managed to recover any files from your system (extensions might be handy here to see if any dat files have already been recovered)?

There is another hard drive where I mined Bitcoin in 2010 and that hard drive is working and files were not overwritten, but file recovery program cannot find bitcoin qt files. (This hard drive İDE)

That sounds like it's been overwritten or you're not using good recovery software.

Have you searched the drive for wallet.dat if it's working properly - and just left that search running?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 23, 2022, 08:16:15 AM

I waiting for your ideas and suggestions.

I used several file recovery programs but i couldn't find the wallet.dat file. Could the name of the file have changed?

I searched '0201010420' using a hex editor but i found a lot of results (890). They all look a like starting 'D0 30' it's ending '00 00'. I don't know if there is another program that creates this order ??

I don't remember putting a password on the wallet.( if there is a password I remember my possible passwords ).

I used jackjack/pywallet  scanned the hard drive but found nothing. I used this code :

Code:
Code:
C:\Users\Hoss\Documents\pywallet-win-files-master>pywallet.py --recover --recov_device G: --recov_size=465Gio --recov_outputdir C:\2

Gives a fault : ''pycrypto or lib ssl not found''

when it asks for possible passwords i can't type anything just enter key works
where is the problem??

old hdd : IDE
windows 8.1
python 2.7

now i am trying to convert all hex codes and try, and waiting your help.
Pages:
Jump to: